Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Vote to leave Mythic+

With all the toxic keybusters who either bail right after the key is activated, or bail later, there needs to be a severe Deserter debuff (2+ hours) for leaving a Mythic+ run. The problem is that there are legitimate reasons to end a Mythic+ run.

I propose a system like the vote kick, but where someone can vote to end the run. If at least two other players vote to end the run, or if someone has already bailed on the run (and gotten the Deserter), then the rest of the players can leave without penalty.

The reason for the vote option is so nobody has to take the Deserter debuff if the whole group decides to call it.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    That's gonna be a no from me dawg.
    Why? Do you like to blow keys for others? This gives a good option for ending a run without being toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by NikitaWoW View Post
    With all the toxic keybusters who either bail right after the key is activated, or bail later, there needs to be a severe Deserter debuff (2+ hours) for leaving a Mythic+ run. The problem is that there are legitimate reasons to end a Mythic+ run.

I propose a system like the vote kick, but where someone can vote to end the run. If at least two other players vote to end the run, or if someone has already bailed on the run (and gotten the Deserter), then the rest of the players can leave without penalty.

The reason for the vote option is so nobody has to take the Deserter debuff if the whole group decides to call it.
    That would not work for me. I have multiple times been “baited” into +15 groups consisting of 4 friends. The tank has a high rio score but the other 2 dps do almost zero damage. So of course I leave the group when I discover the conditions. Of course I’m not going to finish a +15 key with 2 dps doing no damage. They should have written “boosting 2 friends” in the description. But since it’s a group of friends I would never be able to win a vote about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    That would not work for me. I have multiple times been “baited” into +15 groups consisting of 4 friends. The tank has a high rio score but the other 2 dps do almost zero damage. So of course I leave the group when I discover the conditions. Of course I’m not going to finish a +15 key with 2 dps doing no damage. They should have written “boosting 2 friends” in the description. But since it’s a group of friends I would never be able to win a vote about it.
    Simple solution to that is to require all group members to click Accept when the keystone is inserted, like when you queue for a LFR/LFD.

You zone into the dungeon, check out the other players, then you can decline and bail before you get locked in.

Simple solution to that is to require all group members to click Accept when the keystone is inserted, like when you queue for a LFR/LFD.

You zone into the dungeon, check out the other players, then you can decline and bail before you get locked in.
    That would also be toxic because then no one would ever get the benefit of the doubt. You can not always check “skill”. Someone might have good gear but is just straight up an extremely bad player. And contrary you have player with bad gear that can easily pull their weight. The best thing is for people to be honest about their skill level when they make groups. And if they aren’t honest then I don’t feel bad for leaving.

Ok, banned OP, now imagine that the vote to end the run doesn't pass. What do you do if you're the toxic person who wants to leave? You pull everything, die repeatedly, or just go AFK in the dungeon. Sounds fun? I just prefer to break the run on the spot
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

M+ pugging seems like the pinnacle of toxicity in woW, I don't get why ppl do it.

Just join a guild or smt wtf

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    M+ pugging seems like the pinnacle of toxicity in woW, I don't get why ppl do it.

Why didn't anyone think of this before you?

This changes everything.

It's fine how it is. I've left a key only once before. Pally was doing a +10 WM. At the start he mentioned it was his first time. We're all like cool everyone needs to learn. He got shredded every single trash pull and boss'. We eventually got to the second one where you need to move him into fire he didn't even know the fight. His gear and skill should be at +5 not a +10. I don't want to get penalised for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Ok, banned OP, now imagine that the vote to end the run doesn't pass. What do you do if you're the toxic person who wants to leave? You pull everything, die repeatedly, or just go AFK in the dungeon. Sounds fun? I just prefer to break the run on the spot
    Yeah this is actually true. You could just “force a vote”. Then you would need another system on top of the other system.

Time constraints. For example, my guild starts raiding at 7pm (server time) = 2am (real time). I'm doomed to PuG raids and Mythic+

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what would make keystones better is if your weekly cache awarded gear based on how well YOU played rather than how well your group played. Was your DPS good for your ilvl/gear? Were you utilizing interrupts, dispels, slows and CC properly? Did you do boss/mob mechanics efficiently? I know it would be near impossible, but this would encourage people to play better if they wanted better rewards. It would kill the boost community because a boost wouldn't award good gear unless the boostee played exceptional. If the average player was better, than I think less people would rage quit. I've never raged quit a keystone, but I've absolutely been pissed off and annoyed with lousy group members. I don't slander or shit talk people, but it really does suck when you enter a keystone and the people in your group suck ass. I find nothing worse than to do "challenging" content with other people and they suck, worst thing to exist in WoW. I'd rather grind WQ's and pet battles for the rest of my WoW time than play with people who suck.

I'm referring to the people who suck and don't care that they suck, or they're too oblivious to notice that they suck. It's like signing up for a competitive basketball league and somehow you end up with a person on your team that honestly belongs on an elderly co-ed basketball team. If you're going to do "challenging" PvE content, put your best foot forward and stop sucking.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Why didn't anyone think of this before you?

This changes everything.
    I know right, you could save yourself so much headache by just curating your own experience better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Time constraints. For example, my guild starts raiding at 7pm (server time) = 2am (real time). I'm doomed to PuG raids and Mythic+
    Just so we're clear here, that's a choice you make right?

Depends, all my wow friends are from a different continent / timezone. And moving to another country was not really a choice because it is work related.

Stupid idea. That solution would just cause more problems.

What if there are 4 people who are underperforming and you leave? Should you be punished for carrying others? Seriously?
    M+ is FINE. Haven't had much problems, maybe 2-3% of the runs were bad(like people were seriously underperforming or afk, dc etc).

It's scientificaly proven that people who want to punish other players who leave in M+ are actually the ones who caused the problem with the run in the first place. They want to force other players to run with them. It's because they know, they won't have a chance to be carried any soon once again.
    If you are good player who pulls his weight then you will find another group in no time.

And that's a fact.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-06-22 at 09:31 AM.

I know right, you could save yourself so much headache by just curating your own experience better.

In a way. I could re-roll to an EU account and lose 12+ years of "progress". Hard choice.

- - - Updated - - -

I just wanted to exemplify that not everybody can join a guild and play with them. When I have time, I do join guild raids. 2am-6am usually, but I can't do that often.
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-06-22 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    In a way. I could re-roll to an EU account and lose 12+ years of "progress". Hard choice.

- - - Updated - - -

I just wanted to exemplify that not everybody can join a guild and play with them. When I have time, I do join guild raids. 2am-6am usually, but I can't do that often.
    So what is there to complain about, this situation you are in is completely self made.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Depends, all my wow friends are from a different continent / timezone. And moving to another country was not really a choice because it is work related.
    You have to be in a guild with them to be their friends?

or just leave after the key is activated to teach them a lesson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    That would also be toxic because then no one would ever get the benefit of the doubt. You can not always check “skill”. Someone might have good gear but is just straight up an extremely bad player. And contrary you have player with bad gear that can easily pull their weight. The best thing is for people to be honest about their skill level when they make groups. And if they aren’t honest then I don’t feel bad for leaving.
    You can check skill. It's called logs. I wont touch anyone with a 10 foot pole that is incapable of parsing orange on warcraftlogs. Takes 0 effort especially when there is a link on the raiderio page