Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    bro I wish ...

That is one profession I do not want to level again.

Never even did. I only have 1 character who has it maxed, and that took a few expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Archaelogy could be SO MUCH MORE than what it is now. Unearthing mysteries with dug-up quest starters that lead to small hidden single-player scenario's...
    Unique transmog and/or old models for stuff.
    Class-specific archaelogy rewards where you find ancient gear of forgotten heroes, or reanimated skeletal remains of hunter pets, or.. christ, Blizzard fucking hire me already.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

It was one of the professions I used to love, but now it seems so pointless. Making secondary professions accountwide might actually give them some purpose again. Being able to grind them slowly on any character instead of "the one" who has the highest skill, that is a pain to reach again.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope they spend zero development hours on archaeology. A dead feature and resuscitating it doesn't make the game significantly better.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    In order to help fortify or hook new players with the game's long history of lore, should Archaeology be account bound and always available to be worked on on any toon to further advance the player's knowledge of the game's lore?

Obviously, not mandatory or required to reflect in player power level.

But a rework possibly would need to be done of this profession, but if done correctly, I think it would be pretty cool. And for new players, helpful and possibly more engaging than compared to veteran players.
    Since I totally agree with you, I have taken the freedom (hope that’s ok) to make a post about it on EU forums.

May I also suggest that you advise all players who agree to submit a suggestion ticket to Blizz through the in-game system? The Blues on the forums do say that’s the best way to get voices be heard, as they sort the stuff and when there are many of the same requests they are more seriously looked at.

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost forgot it existed and that's pretty bad since I did most of the ones from Legion while it was still current. Man the spectral moose was a pain.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Archaeology is one of those features that if they hadn't made it into a profession but instead just a normal expansion feature, then they would've dropped it years ago.

Same with Inscription. They made those professions, people learned them, pushed their skill in them and now Blizzard is stuck with something they don't really know what to do with anymore but can't really remove as well because players would be pissed.

I honestly forgot about this profession's existence. Can we kill it and bring first aid back instead?

With regards to the OP though, yes I can see how it could make sense, would even go nicely with the new levelling system in SL (eg: You want to collect Northrend archaeology items so you level an alt in Northrend while working on your archaeology collection).

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Archaeology though I do wish it was account-wide it would be a QoL change, so most likely be a low priority.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Oh yeah, archaeology still exists.

I've no idea what it even does in BFA, I haven't touched it at all.

I honestly don't know why professions are even levelled at all. Blizzard clearly struggle to find relevant things for it at the best of times, I mean check out the shit engineering has, or all the crap JC has that aren't gems.

The star ratings on gathering sort of makes sense, as you gather more as you do more of each type. The progression of professions really needs looking at in general. Having each expansion start from zero is a good start, but a flat 0-175 rating is just lazy. Especially later on in the expansion where you're crafting shit to level and just throwing it all away because nobody wants that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    it should be removed

I haven't even learned it on my character
    So what you're saying is, game changes should be completely centered around you.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Archaeology is one of those features that if they hadn't made it into a profession but instead just a normal expansion feature, then they would've dropped it years ago.
    And just think, the original plan was for it to be linked to Path of the Titans, which means it was actually conceived as, basically, the first AP system.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    Real talk....

If archaeology was redone to change its drops to old removed transmog models you dig up as part of restorative digs it would not only become much more popular but it would make more sense then it currently does.
    Actually that's a good idea. But beside the original Naxxramas loot and a few quest reward there isn't much removed item. I think. And they won't give you Naxx set for free if they can make people spend millions (and real money tokens) on the Black AH

Sadly

Should Archeology "be" at this point at all?

I think the only time it was usefull was in Cata?

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    Real talk....

If archaeology was redone to change its drops to old removed transmog models you dig up as part of restorative digs it would not only become much more popular but it would make more sense then it currently does.
    That's a pretty nice idea tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Oh yeah, archaeology still exists.

I've no idea what it even does in BFA, I haven't touched it at all.

I honestly don't know why professions are even levelled at all. Blizzard clearly struggle to find relevant things for it at the best of times, I mean check out the shit engineering has, or all the crap JC has that aren't gems.

The star ratings on gathering sort of makes sense, as you gather more as you do more of each type. The progression of professions really needs looking at in general. Having each expansion start from zero is a good start, but a flat 0-175 rating is just lazy. Especially later on in the expansion where you're crafting shit to level and just throwing it all away because nobody wants that crap.
    Take a look the state armour creating professions are in. Nothing of value except mounts and pets.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Wish archaeology wasn't on life-support.

I don't want it removed, but it sure as shit feels like Blizzard has given up on it.
    Pretty much this. Archaeology needs a massive overhaul. Legion was somewhat interesting, but still the mechanics haven't aged well.

5+ Year Old Account
    Else as an alternative they could at least let us collect all the archaelology fragments in our bags like the mats from the primary professions instead of loading directly to the journal so that they can be traded or mailed to the main.

Sounds to me like a low effort change that may spice things up a little bit for a starter also making the profession viable for alts ‘on the go’.
    Last edited by Astranea; 2020-06-22 at 02:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It just needs to be updated in the same way that first aid was updated.
    Intel® Pentium® Processor 90 MHz | 8MB RAM | 750MB IDE HDD | 800x600 Colour 15" CRT Monitor | Windows 95

At this point all professions and recipes should be account wide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.