Poll: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Because then it wouldnt be automation.

Automation, or Labor-saving technology is the technology by which a process or procedure is performed with minimal human assistance.[1] Automation[2] or automatic control is the use of various control systems for operating equipment such as machinery, processes in factories, boilers and heat treating ovens, switching on telephone networks, steering and stabilization of ships, aircraft and other applications and vehicles with minimal or reduced human intervention.

What the multiboxing software does would classify as "reduced human intervention" wouldnt it? Because your only pressing it once instead of 10x

"not automation by our standards" You'll need to reference the Blizzard automation guidelines

Also Merriam-Webster

Last edited by Drusin; 2020-06-22 at 07:05 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    It's literally pay to win, so no, I wouldn't allow it if I were Blizzard.
    Unfortunately, money speaks.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

First time I multiboxed was when classic came out. I wanted to have 5 characters of different roles so that I can be flexible in whatever raids wanted. Glad that I did.

The only thing that pissed me off was how hard it was to setup at first, and then some shenanigans that happen during playing.

The absolute worst part is the amount of hate messages you get from other players and constant people reporting you for cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Rune B View Post
    Multiboxing is botting in real-time. You relay commands as surely as if you had scripted them.

Playing a Single Character is Botting in Real time, you press your keys exactly like if you had scripted them. *lols*

- - - Updated - - -

Automation, or Labor-saving technology is the technology by which a process or procedure is performed with minimal human assistance.[1] Automation[2] or automatic control is the use of various control systems for operating equipment such as machinery, processes in factories, boilers and heat treating ovens, switching on telephone networks, steering and stabilization of ships, aircraft and other applications and vehicles with minimal or reduced human intervention.

What the multiboxing software does would classify as "reduced human intervention" wouldnt it? Because your only pressing it once instead of 10x
    No, because the Alt Tabbing, and Mouseovering you are Speaking of isnt neccessary in the first place. Oo

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Lol are you serious? You think top end raiders pass the time farming herbs?

They have other people do it for them, and likely multiboxers. Why would they be upset about it?
    This affects the regular players who can't pay other people to do it for them.
    So there's a few things here:
    You know multi-boxing existed before multi tapping nodes right? Also, my post was to impute I've never seen people complain about multi-boxing in-game from a range of players.

Speaking as someone who has been in a top guild (top 10-20 in region, 30-50 world) I can assure you that I have in fact collected herbs (and ore and leather). I don't know where you got this idea that mythic raiders are some aristocratic class who have people but I'm loving every laugh.
    Further, Even mid-tier guilds can afford to buy herbs for their raid team, it's not some super exclusive thing reserved for the 1%.
    Finally, It's perfectly possible for individual 'normal' players to be so rich they never need to collect herbs, you know that right? Or do they have people (kek) too?

Even if we believed your nonsense that some cabal of the immortal aristocracy of the night is paying multi-boxers to sell them cheap trade goods to the supposed detriment of the common man.
    Wouldn't that make the issue multi boxers multi tapping nodes and not multi-boxing in of itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Good luck lol. You'd have to be a savant to have that many prerecorded events typed out but sure if you want to
    -walk forward
    -turn left
    -attack mob
    -interact with mob (to loot)

I see no problem with it. As long as you wrote out every action your character takes and you are sitting there pressing the button for all those actions.
    Why would I need to be there sitting down to do those actions? Afaik theres no rules regarding where and how one needs to make the action, as long as they do.

Pre-recorded events are quite easy to make specially if you have conditions going on, just like in WoW you can have macro conditions and one button press has multiple choices depending on the situation. But hey, its all right as long as you do the button presses right? who cares if theres a software between button press and the ingame input, as long as you press it right?

You do know that the bolded thing you highlighted means that macros are botting... better ban almost the entire playbase then.
    With 1 button I can preform as many actions as I want that fits in 255 characters.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    You do know that the bolded thing you highlighted means that macros are botting... better ban almost the entire playbase then.
    With 1 button I can preform as many actions as I want that fits in 255 characters.
    Context please, are macros 3rd party programs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    No, because the Alt Tabbing, and Mouseovering you are Speaking of isnt neccessary in the first place. Oo
    Please tell me how you gather herbs, is there a macro i dont know that will automatically pickup a herb in radius of your character

- - - Updated - - -

So ive been doing research on what multibox program to use for shadowlands, apparently i have to pay money to use the good ones? How is this okay to blizzard? Remember honor buddy? Addons are not allowed to solicit donations but they are okay with this? Weird...
    Last edited by Yizu; 2020-06-22 at 12:44 PM.

Context please, are macros 3rd party programs?
    Nothing in your definition you linked says it has anything to do with 3rd party programs. In short, you can't use that definition for your argument because it doesn't apply without the addition you just mentioned.

Yes, but there needs to be some changes.

Herbs to be made personal for a start. A swarm of botting multi-boxing druids (all on different realms) draining every herb instantly is not an uncommon sight. It's not "helping the economy", it's just making it miserable for anybody else who wants to farm enough herbs to do anything.

Nothing in your definition you linked says it has anything to do with 3rd party programs. In short, you can't use that definition for your argument because it doesn't apply without the addition you just mentioned.
    Its literally the first entry on this page.

No its a discussion because some people refuse to grasp how blizz bans "3rd party programs that lets you gain an unfair advantage" but not ban multiboxing software.
    People defending multiboxing are just grasping for straws here, the poll is showing in favor that it shouldnt be allowed, instead of arguing here maybe yall just multibox some votes in your favor like what the earlier poster said
    Last edited by Yizu; 2020-06-22 at 12:54 PM.

Its literally the first entry on this page.
    And Blizzard have stated their stance in more detail explaining why multibotting is allowed.

Now, how does this change anything about you using a definition that doesn't apply to this context? Even worse, if we were to apply it almost everyone would be banned. Your linked definition has nothing to do with 3rd party software as far as I can see. There is no mention of it. Which means you can't just add "it requires 3rd party software" to defend against macros.

Your definition doesn't work in this context due to the above points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted No, but Blizzard will allow it to continue as it brings them in big bucks.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

And Blizzard have stated their stance in more detail explaining why multibotting is allowed.

Now, how does this change anything about you using a definition that doesn't apply to this context? Even worse, if we were to apply it almost everyone would be banned. Your linked definition has nothing to do with 3rd party software as far as I can see. There is no mention of it. Which means you can't just add "it requires 3rd party software" to defend against macros.

Your definition doesn't work in this context due to the above points.
    Again like i said earlier, we already know that blizzard allows multiboxing, what we are talking about here is should they allow it or not? We are trying to get opinions from people, so stop throwing answers like "cus blizzard says so" because theres really no point for this thread if we keep answering "cuz blizzard says so" dont u think? You even called it multibotting yourself

JUST STOP!
    Last edited by Yizu; 2020-06-22 at 01:01 PM.

Interesting how you use multiboxing and multibotting as synonyms

Again like i said earlier, we already know that blizzard allows multiboxing, what we are talking about here is should they allow it or not? We are trying to get opinions from people, so stop throwing answers like "cus blizzard says so" because theres really no point for this thread if we keep answering "cuz blizzard says so" dont u think?
    Sure, absolutely... You are still not giving an argument as of why you can use that definition. You can't. You had to add "3rd party programs" to it for it to not break a fundamental feature within WoW. Ergo you can't just use that bolded line as a argument. The definition you linked doesn't work in WoW which means it's a bad argument to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Interesting how you use multiboxing and multibotting as synonyms
    what an ironic typo lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    But you don't get cheap pots, that's the thing. If you gather as a player, you would be fool to throw your mats on the ah for pennies. Bots do that, but then the mats get cleared off the ah immediately and alchemists will price the pot prices for the current demand. Is it the start of the expac? Then whatever the hell you do, pots will be in high demand and priced accordingly (especially with ranked recipes that stops a lot of alts from dipping into alchemy business). the end of the expac? People wil lstart to empty their banks and inventories, prices will plummet.
    ? Pots are literally cheaper than previous expansions WITH INFLATION

Sure, absolutely... You are still not giving an argument as of why you can use that definition. You can't. You had to add "3rd party programs" to it for it to not break a fundamental feature within WoW. Ergo you can't just use that bolded line as a argument. The definition you linked doesn't work in WoW which means it's a bad argument to begin with.
    Doesnt it count in "other applications"?

Please tell me how you gather herbs, is there a macro i dont know that will automatically pickup a herb in radius of your character
    Afaik this works with the Interact Keybind. You can Interact with stuff someone else does.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Afaik this works with the Interact Keybind. You can Interact with stuff someone else does.
    Pretty sure you still need your mouse of top of the node to highlight it before pressing the interact keybind, so thats still mouseovering