Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehalbino View Post
    You can check skill. It's called logs. I wont touch anyone with a 10 foot pole that is incapable of parsing orange on warcraftlogs. Takes 0 effort especially when there is a link on the raiderio page
    F*ck no. I’m not going to check every player on warcarftlogs everytime I join a group. I use the rio addon + weakaura to check the group leader when I join and then I expect the other members to perform on a similar level (unless else is specifically stated in the description). And if they underperform severely I leave. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    So what is there to complain about, this situation you are in is completely self made.
    "I don't get why people do it"

And I gave you my reason... Then I went further into detail...

Is that hard to understand?

People have reasons to PuG...
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-06-22 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    F*ck no. I’m not going to check every player on warcarftlogs everytime I join a group. I use the rio addon + weakaura to check the group leader when I join and then I expect the other members to perform on a similar level (unless else is specifically stated in the description). And if they underperform severely I leave. Simple.
    Translation: I'm too lazy and stupid to take 10 seconds of time to perform this task. Even though it will be done in less time that it takes for the countdown to start the dungeon.

You probably need it explicitly said to understand: You're saving time by checking people before hand.

Would be better if a player leaving an M+ simply invalidated the timer, and let the others carry on with a replacement.

I'm also not keen on keys decreasing in value when the timer is exceeded either. The only fail state should be failing to complete the dungeon at all. Indeed, it should probably be an option on the key entry window to run it at a reduced rank.

The M+ system encourages toxicity, and to say Blizzard can't do anything about it is nonsense. There's too many types of player jammed into one activity.

people actually leave runs just as the key is activated to troll? never seen that happen but yeah if that does happen slap a massive deserter on there.

M+ is fine as it is, the problem is Raiderio and it's limit on what it tracks. So when everyone uses that site as the "skill bible" then most people leave a M+ because they are not going to complete it in time and don't want an untimed on their IO score, and leaving doesn't show up.

A lot of this can be fixed if IO showed more than just whether or not you completed the dungeon. It should show if you leave early, and it also needs to show how well you personally did in the dungeon. Doesn't matter if you were top dps double everyone else and never died. Didn't complete the timer? Well you're screwed on that listing.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    M+ pugging seems like the pinnacle of toxicity in woW, I don't get why ppl do it.

Just join a guild or smt wtf
    That doesn't necessarily do much. I'm in a mythic raiding guild and I'm constantly top 5 dps, but they don't invite me to M+ cause they have their little set ups they have ran with long before I joined.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Translation: I'm too lazy and stupid to take 10 seconds of time to perform this task. Even though it will be done in less time that it takes for the countdown to start the dungeon.

You probably need it explicitly said to understand: You're saving time by checking people before hand.
    Why are you being so condescending straight away? Did I do anything to you?

Anyway, as I said, I use the in-game rio addon so I can easily check the score of the whole team in game and see how many dungeons they have timed etc. However, sometimes some of the group members are on their alts and maybe haven't connected it to their main characters on rio yet. Therefore they have no or very low rio score. 95 % of the time it's okay because they are actually good players. But then 5 % of the time, the players are actually really bad and if they didn't tell me this beforehand, then I'm going to leave. Checking Warcraftlogs probably wouldn't help in this situation because 1) raiding isn't always super relevant to high M+ keys and 2) if they are on an alt with a low rio score then they probably don't have warcraftlogs parses either.

No need to be insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    That doesn't necessarily do much. I'm in a mythic raiding guild and I'm constantly top 5 dps, but they don't invite me to M+ cause they have their little set ups they have ran with long before I joined.
    That's really sad and unfortunate, i've always curbed any sort of in group cliques or behavior in my communities and guilds, it's extremely destructive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leavers in m+ has never been an issue for me. Only if the key will deplete or people are fucking up beyond expectations, but then it's perfectly fine to leave anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

You can check skill. It's called logs. I wont touch anyone with a 10 foot pole that is incapable of parsing orange on warcraftlogs. Takes 0 effort especially when there is a link on the raiderio page
    Parsing orange is more about rng and less about skill these days. Also cheesing and scuffed setups.

Again. Skill and logs are not really related. Specially during this corruption fiesta.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Leavers in m+ has never been an issue for me. Only if the key will deplete or people are fucking up beyond expectations, but then it's perfectly fine to leave anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Parsing orange is more about rng and less about skill these days. Also cheesing and scuffed setups.

Again. Skill and logs are not really related. Specially during this corruption fiesta.
    Pardon me but if getting ten stacks of stars isn't a result of my made gamer skillz what is?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It's scientificaly proven that people who want to punish other players who leave in M+ are actually the ones who caused the problem with the run in the first place.
    Just because you wrote that in Bold, I´d like to see your Scintific Proof for that.

They want to force other players to run with them. It's because they know, they won't have a chance to be carried any soon once again.
    I dont agree with you there. Some might. But I would think most are annoyed about people that leave on some Mistake (In my Experienced in most cases also made by the Leaving guy), are the ones who would like to Upgrade their Key.

(Not Talking about High keys beyond 15, most people I found for 12 and above are decent).

Just a few days Ago as Moonking we died to Missing Interrupts, I used my Solar beam twice, and the Rogue went on raging that we need to Interupt more, and how shitty we were, because he has a Rio of 2,4 (On his Imaginary Main I suppose). Well, he had a single Interrupt in that fight, when he Left.

If you are good player who pulls his weight then you will find another group in no time.
    And that's a fact.
    Also untrue, how fast and how many groups you find depends solely on your Rio Score and Ilvl.
    Nothing to do with the Actual Performance in those Groups.

If you dont have a Ilvl at least 20Ilvl above the DungeonDrop, or a Rio Score of nearing 2K you are most likely gonna wait a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Checking Logs is not about if someone Parses Orange, its about if someone performs decent. Sadly, "Decent" in most cases are still Grey logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    Pardon me but if getting ten stacks of stars isn't a result of my made gamer skillz what is?
    Yup logs are literally completely fucking invalidated for most classes given that corruption exists. +1

I leave most keys that are bad if you're competent at playing your class on top of making the group that you invite me into it's gucci.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Would be better if a player leaving an M+ simply invalidated the timer, and let the others carry on with a replacement.
    This will make sure that premades kick the random and invite a friend at the end of the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    A lot of this can be fixed if IO showed more than just whether or not you completed the dungeon. It should show if you leave early, and it also needs to show how well you personally did in the dungeon. Doesn't matter if you were top dps double everyone else and never died. Didn't complete the timer? Well you're screwed on that listing.
    How well a person plays in M+ is incredibly subjective and boils down to a lot more factors than damage/healing done. I care less about someones overall DPS and more about "are they avoiding avoidable damage? Are they using defensive at the right time? Are they using health pots/healthstones (particularly on grievous weeks)? Are they interrupting the correct abilities?" etc.

To that extent I'm glad the APIs can't provide that kind of data because I don't want tools like R.IO trying to evaluate player worth based on flawed/2 dimensional metrics.

Quote Originally Posted by NikitaWoW View Post
    With all the toxic keybusters who either bail right after the key is activated, or bail later, there needs to be a severe Deserter debuff (2+ hours) for leaving a Mythic+ run. The problem is that there are legitimate reasons to end a Mythic+ run.

I propose a system like the vote kick, but where someone can vote to end the run. If at least two other players vote to end the run, or if someone has already bailed on the run (and gotten the Deserter), then the rest of the players can leave without penalty.

The reason for the vote option is so nobody has to take the Deserter debuff if the whole group decides to call it.
    no no and no
    you ever consider that some of the reason people leave keys is because they are carrys? if you are legit getting into a key even with good io and ilvl anymore and you do a few pulls to find out the players are trash and arent trying, then i say leave. to hell with that. im not going to waste my time carrying a 475 hunter doing 20k dps. this happens a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    This will make sure that premades kick the random and invite a friend at the end of the dungeon.
    Pretty much. Doesn't even make a difference if they prevented it working off kicks specifically, since the group would just do what they can to get the other person to leave (e.g. afking till he leaves then get the person they want in).

Just a severe punishment for the first leaver is enough, kinda like overwatch.

First guy who leaves gets a progressively longer ban from mythic+ ( let's say 1hour -> 12 hours -> 3 days -> a week -> rest of the season)

The rest can leave without any penalties ( except the downgraded key I guess) after let's say 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Had a group doing a combined 10k dps on sisters Waycrest. When it takes 9 minutes to kill them in a mythic +8 then i leave, i don't care if i hurt their feelings since they've had 2 years to know how the boss works.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    First guy who leaves gets a progressively longer ban from mythic+ ( let's say 1hour -> 12 hours -> 3 days -> a week -> rest of the season)

The rest can leave without any penalties ( except the downgraded key I guess) after let's say 5 minutes.
    So either people just DC to circumvent it or we extend the punishment to disconnects and we risk innocent people potentially getting locked out of a season to punish a few bad eggs? Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Just a severe punishment for the first leaver is enough, kinda like overwatch.

Absolutely atrocious idea. You single handedly destroyed the entire mythic dungeon system, well done.