Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    So what is there to complain about, this situation you are in is completely self made.

You have to be in a guild with them to be their friends?
    Yes, that's how I would act. Someone that I never talk/spend time with will be downgraded to people I know rather than friends I am close with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    This will make sure that premades kick the random and invite a friend at the end of the dungeon.
    OK, only allow that if the person leaves of their own accord.

If the group leader kicks, then the key diminishes in level.

Most people aren't dicks, they just don't want to get bogged down in a fail group. It's just we all have different definitions of fail group, and not all of them are realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    So either people just DC to circumvent it or we extend the punishment to disconnects and we risk innocent people potentially getting locked out of a season to punish a few bad eggs? Hard pass.
    Well, if you don't have a reliable internet connection, maybe don't waste other people's time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Absolutely atrocious idea. You single handedly destroyed the entire mythic dungeon system, well done.
    Care to elaborate?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

It does need a significantly harsher penalty. I propose 24 hour ban for leaving one key, 48 ban the second, and a week long m+ lockout for every quit after that

You can't really din this one. No system can teach people manners. Like the only thing i can think of is make a visible counter of how many unfinished dungeons that person has but even that can end up not being the person's fault. Hmmm...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Most people aren't dicks, they just don't want to get bogged down in a fail group. It's just we all have different definitions of fail group, and not all of them are realistic.
    No, ppl dont want to spend time in a key if they are not timing it. Because it doesnt increase their IO. A failure doesnt affect their RIO, but why should they waste their OWN time to finish something that gives them nothing? Whether this, in the context of an mmo, is being a selfish dick or not remains to be decided by the people affected.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Well, if you don't have a reliable internet connection, maybe don't waste other people's time.
    Power cuts, internet lines being damaged, computer malfunctions, real life emergencies are all outside of our control. Your lack of caring about other people's situation doesn't change the fact that this negatively impacts innocent parties.

Dont pug

!!!! :mindblown:

It's a good idea but I'd like to take it a step further.

Ban every dps from the current season if they do below tank dps.
    Whenever someone dies to grevious the healer loses 100 rio permanently.
    Tanks who pull more than 105% trash are banned from using the tank spec for a week.
    Every mob/boss not pulled by the tank gains 800% increased damage and health for the rest of the dungeon.
    If there are more than 20 overall deaths in a dungeon the person with the most deaths will have their character deleted, unrestorable. If there's a tie they both get deleted.
    DC'ing during an M+ run will charge your blizzard account for 13 Euros.

I think these changes would help us build a much more friendly m+ pug community.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post

Tanks who pull more than 105% trash are banned from using the tank spec for a week.
    Every mob/boss not pulled by the tank gains 800% increased damage and health for the rest of the dungeon.
    If there are more than 20 overall deaths in a dungeon the person with the most deaths will have their character deleted, unrestorable. If there's a tie they both get deleted.

I think these changes would help us build a much more friendly m+ pug community.
    Perfection!

I do want blizzard to make a better version of RIO tho.

People think its so elitist and toxic but all it really does is show your experience with the dungeons. Blizzard RIO doesnt have to have a number associated to you. It could simply show how many runs of a dungeon someone has done and how many they have done within certain brackets.

Just a severe punishment for the first leaver is enough, kinda like overwatch.

First guy who leaves gets a progressively longer ban from mythic+ ( let's say 1hour -> 12 hours -> 3 days -> a week -> rest of the season)

The rest can leave without any penalties ( except the downgraded key I guess) after let's say 5 minutes.
    Ok, I'll afk till the group kicks me. Problem solved.

--And what about the premades that dont want to finish a key when it is obviously gonna deplete? Like, most 20+ groups.-- (Okay, they can run out and reset dun - meep.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post

I vote this up. Especially because I recently started healer and most pugs make my life really hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I do want blizzard to make a better version of RIO tho.

People think its so elitist and toxic but all it really does is show your experience with the dungeons. Blizzard RIO doesnt have to have a number associated to you. It could simply show how many runs of a dungeon someone has done and how many they have done within certain brackets.
    I actually like how Rio itself works. Most people just use it wrong. You shouldn't look only on the "overall" score, but mostly on the finished key-level that one is looking people for.
    It makes no sense to take someone with 1400 Rio into a 15 ToS if he doesn't have ANY ToS runs finished, at all. Or only +8 exp or sth.
    Or not taking someone that finished a 17 ToS in time, but got an overall low score.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-06-22 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    I actually like how Rio itself works. Most people just use it wrong. You shouldn't look only on the "overall" score, but mostly on the finished key-level that one is looking people for.
    It makes no sense to take someone with 1400 Rio into a 15 ToS if he doesn't have ANY ToS runs finished, at all. Or only +8 exp or sth.
    Or not taking someone that finished a 17 ToS in time, but got an overall low score.
    I agree but you hit the nail on the head there. Most people do use it wrong, and as such many percieve it to be a toxic unfair system.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Why didn't anyone think of this before you?

This changes everything.
    M+ is a group activity in a M(assively) M(ultiplayer) game. If you can't find 4 friends to run dungeons with maybe you just play the wrong genre of game.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Also untrue, how fast and how many groups you find depends solely on your Rio Score and Ilvl.
    You have your own key, just use that and decide for yourself who gets to tag along.

R.IO and especially ilvl are not perfect, but I think r.io if used correctly (inviting players of your own experience) is the best thing we have today. If you have another system to fill your key feel free to describe it, can always do better. Btw, the r.io guys have a discord and are open to suggestions to make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    It does need a significantly harsher penalty. I propose 24 hour ban for leaving one key, 48 ban the second, and a week long m+ lockout for every quit after that
    How would I drop the 19 key I got playing with friends down to 15 for the weekly chest with another group of friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post

How would I drop the 19 key I got playing with friends down to 15 for the weekly chest with another group of friends?
    What do you mean how, it's perfectly logical.

You start doing it on Wednesday and maybe you'll be able to actually run it on Sunday.

7+ Year Old Account
    System is fine as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You have your own key, just use that and decide for yourself who gets to tag along.

R.IO and especially ilvl are not perfect, but I think r.io if used correctly (inviting players of your own experience) is the best thing we have today. If you have another system to fill your key feel free to describe it, can always do better. Btw, the r.io guys have a discord and are open to suggestions to make it better.
    Its an Answer to: "Good players will find a new group", not "How to get into a Group"

Just because you wrote that in Bold, I´d like to see your Scintific Proof for that.
    That was just a joke, but my point still stands.

I dont agree with you there. Some might. But I would think most are annoyed about people that leave on some Mistake (In my Experienced in most cases also made by the Leaving guy), are the ones who would like to Upgrade their Key.

(Not Talking about High keys beyond 15, most people I found for 12 and above are decent).

Just a few days Ago as Moonking we died to Missing Interrupts, I used my Solar beam twice, and the Rogue went on raging that we need to Interupt more, and how shitty we were, because he has a Rio of 2,4 (On his Imaginary Main I suppose). Well, he had a single Interrupt in that fight, when he Left.
    And that's a non-issue, because when you PUG you take a risk. What did you lost? Time? Half an hour at max? Just find another person and push the key once again. If you cannot do that again then you're the problem.

While OP presented stupid idea of getting 2h deserter debuff because someone leave.

Also untrue, how fast and how many groups you find depends solely on your Rio Score and Ilvl.
    Nothing to do with the Actual Performance in those Groups.

If you dont have a Ilvl at least 20Ilvl above the DungeonDrop, or a Rio Score of nearing 2K you are most likely gonna wait a while.
    If you are good enough(have high r.io and ilvl, because there are no easier and better forms of proving that you're good), you'll find a group in no time. My point still stands.

I just hold myself to a few standarts in Mythic+ PuGs:

1. Finish every key <=15 if reasonable. Running into a wall at one boss over and over again is just useless after 20 minutes.

2. Never leave before talking with the group.

3. Keep in mind that every Key above 15 is not worth completing in a Pug if you won't be able to time it. Why? There is no training as you probably never play with them again. Not timing it won't give you anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Care to elaborate?
    If your group is shit, why would you stay? If you disconnect you singlehandedly removed a portion of the content a person does.
    All your idea provides is a problem which makes me go "Oh, so i just have to FORCE a person to leave then I can leave without issue, gotcha."
    This is why games like league of legends don't have a kick feature

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    How well a person plays in M+ is incredibly subjective and boils down to a lot more factors than damage/healing done. I care less about someones overall DPS and more about "are they avoiding avoidable damage? Are they using defensive at the right time? Are they using health pots/healthstones (particularly on grievous weeks)? Are they interrupting the correct abilities?" etc.

To that extent I'm glad the APIs can't provide that kind of data because I don't want tools like R.IO trying to evaluate player worth based on flawed/2 dimensional metrics.
    But youre happy with IO basing a players worth solely on whether or not the dungeon got timed? And that's why M+ will always be toxic. Because the tool used to evaluate players doesn't list anything other than whether or not it was timed. So leavers get no penalties, and good players who got into the wrong groups but tough it out to not screw over the other people will get screwed left and right.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.