15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I play with my Switch undocked, Joy-Cons detached, propped up.

It's like the Switch alignment chart of "Chaotic Evil"

10+ Year Old Account

I never thought I'd meet a real life psychopath

My HORI Nintendo Switch Split Pad Pro (Daemon X Machina Edition) joycon substitutes still work great, and even though they are missing features vs the joycons, their build quality is just so good, they are WAY better for me, personally. I've got big hands though. So I'm either on the split pad pro or the pro controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/715089368565678111/723361140989493278/1592515019360.png[img]
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I never thought I'd meet a real life psychopath
    Yes, yes, your confusion/rage fuels me.

But really it's because usually I prop it up next to my monitor to do random Animal Crossing stuff between WoW things.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm... Surprisingly ok with that? I think? Let's Go was a fine game. If we get both Johto and Kanto like in S/G/C then I'll be more than happy to replay it.
    yeah me too, I just love gen 2 so much. silver was the first pokemon game i ever owned all myself, and i grew up with a lot of poorer kids who a lot of couldnt afford a gba when gen 3 came about (also the fact that the original dexit prevented a lot of gen 1 and 2 mons being used/transferred over meant us kids still played and battled each other with our oldies regardless)

I'm just worried that it will end up missing features like oras and lets go did all because "it wasn't in the original"

like just because battle frontier and the team magma base and things like sevii islands werent technically in the original doesnt mean they should be removed

heart gold and soul silver are still peak and damn near the most perfect pokemon games ever and while i have no doubt i will still play and enjoy a lets go version of johto i would be so disappointing to have it just end up being og gold and silver in hd with maybe some mega evolutions or some other small gimmick thrown in to sell merch

although it would be funny if game freaks just trolling us but i very much doubt they just so happened to put all of the johto starters, legendaries, and lets go merch in the background at the same time they say theyre announcing a new game

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean they can't manage to make something on par with Breath of the Wild while having a faction of the development time?

(This post is sponsored by the frustration I cannot truly put into words after seeing someone recently compare Breath of the Wild and Pokemon Sw/Sh)
    see for me im actually okay with the graphics. its how the routes are so on rails now. theres little to no exploration, and frankly the story keeps getting crazier and more nonsensical and im getting tired of the over obsession with gimmicks that dont last.

part of me would even be okay with a return to 2d games if it brought back that feeling of adventure and exploration.

havent tried isle of armor yet so idk if they improved on that in the dlc
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    see for me im actually okay with the graphics. its how the routes are so on rails now. theres little to no exploration, and frankly the story keeps getting crazier and more nonsensical and im getting tired of the over obsession with gimmicks that dont last.

part of me would even be okay with a return to 2d games if it brought back that feeling of adventure and exploration.

havent tried isle of armor yet so idk if they improved on that in the dlc
    I'm indifferent on the graphics, although I find it odd that people love to compare it to everything under the face of the planet but oddly don't compare it to Let's Go? It's like, huh?

IoA is a giant Wild Area though. No routes, just wild area.

Although I'm also confused by the "routes are on rails" thing, I always felt like Pokemon games were just one giant route until you get to fly back to towns. Yeah sometimes there would be a few things off the path, but for the most part not really, usually just points along the route.

10+ Year Old Account

I found my kindred spirit.

Well, until the left joycon had drift that fucked me right off so I bought a pro controller.

IoA is good, the story is barely there and there's zero challenge, but the QoL additions, dex expansion and new moves for the meta make it worth it.

Hoping that Tundra has more storyline content.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I found my kindred spirit.

Well, until the left joycon had drift that fucked me right off so I bought a pro controller.

IoA is good, the story is barely there and there's zero challenge, but the QoL additions, dex expansion and new moves for the meta make it worth it.

Hoping that Tundra has more storyline content.
    My pro controller has been claimed by my girlfriend because she has the worst case of joycon drift I ever saw.

Otherwise I used my pro controller in the same kinda set up

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine is stuck in an upward drift almost permanently on the left con.

Couldn't play certain games because of it.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although I'm also confused by the "routes are on rails" thing, I always felt like Pokemon games were just one giant route until you get to fly back to towns. Yeah sometimes there would be a few things off the path, but for the most part not really, usually just points along the route.
    Problem with post 3DS era routes is that they are TINY. XY isn't as bad since it still was grid based and made with old school route design, but gen Alola and especially Sword and Shield have laughably short and tiny routes.

15+ Year Old Account
    The more i play of isle of armor the more i see its a 10/10 game wrapped in a 6/10's body

10+ Year Old Account
    The more i play of isle of armor the more i see its a 10/10 game wrapped in a 6/10's body
    Honestly Pokemon will always be fun. The formula of catching cute/cool looking creatures and then battling them is nearly perfect and hard to mess up. That being said, it doesn't make Sword and Shield a good Pokemon game and it definitely doesn't mean we shouldn't expect more. I've been playing Temtem recently and it's honestly embarrassing how bad they make Game Freak look. The game oozes with passion and attention to detail.

Sword and Shield feels like they did the bare minimum because they knew they'd sell a shit ton of copies anyways. It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Honestly Pokemon will always be fun. The formula of catching cute/cool looking creatures and then battling them is nearly perfect and hard to mess up. That being said, it doesn't make Sword and Shield a good Pokemon game and it definitely doesn't mean we shouldn't expect more. I've been playing Temtem recently and it's honestly embarrassing how bad they make Game Freak look. The game oozes with passion and attention to detail.

Sword and Shield feels like they did the bare minimum because they knew they'd sell a shit ton of copies anyways. It's sad.
    Temtem is like one step above a chinese knock off. It gamefreak honestly wants to improve Pokemon I really hope they aren't using that trash as inspiration.

temtem is like a kmart knock off pokemon. its not even close. game is garbo compared to sword and shield

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Temtem is like one step above a chinese knock off. It gamefreak honestly wants to improve Pokemon I really hope they aren't using that trash as inspiration.
    They wont be able to. It does have quite a lot of adult jokes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    temtem is like a kmart knock off pokemon. its not even close. game is garbo compared to sword and shield
    Have you guys even played it? If it's just a knock off then why are there so many Youtube videos saying how much better it is than Sword and Shield? Why is it that the user reviews are "Very Positive" on Steam?

Why is it that a small indy team working off of Kickstarted money can add so many of the features people have been wanting like Following Pokemon, seeing other players in the world, a higher level of difficulty for experienced players, etc. and do it far more successfully than Gamefreak did?

Pokemon is the most successful franchise in the world. Gamefreak should have all the resources to make the best game possible, so the fact that Temtem is even close, or in my opinion, even surpasses Sword and Shield is a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you guys even played it? If it's just a knock off then why are there so many Youtube videos saying how much better it is than Sword and Shield? Why is it that the user reviews are "Very Positive" on Steam?

Why is it that a small indy team working off of Kickstarted money can add so many of the features people have been wanting like Following Pokemon, seeing other players in the world, a higher level of difficulty for experienced players, etc. and do it far more successfully than Gamefreak did?

Pokemon is the most successful franchise in the world. Gamefreak should have all the resources to make the best game possible, so the fact that Temtem is even close, or in my opinion, even surpasses Sword and Shield is a joke.
    .....and its not even finished....

What happens when you are like 70% done and The Pokemon Company says "The merch is all ready, we need the base game out in 3 months, get to it".

Have you guys even played it?
    Why would I play a shitty chinese knockoff from a team not even trying to make their own game? I barely play Pokemon as it is now and you think I want to play some shitty ass early access bare bones, shameless rip off of Pokemon? Yea sir, no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would I play a shitty chinese knockoff from a team not even trying to make their own game? I barely play Pokemon as it is now and you think I want to play some shitty ass early access bare bones, shameless rip off of Pokemon? Yea sir, no thanks.
    You sound... so dumb right now. First of all the team is from Spain. Secondly, just because a game is inspired by another game, doesn't mean it's a rip off. The game has plenty of its own ideas and takes on the genre. Which you would know if you actually played the game, but instead you just want to mindlessly hate the game.

It's a good thing someone is entering the monster training genre, because clearly Pokemon has grown complacent.