Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

I have a manly immune system.

Very rarely, I think in the last year it was once when I was hungover (everyone in the office was as well) and once when I had a flu.

I'm rarely sick. Perhaps 3-4 days off a year.

i always cover for co-workers who never return the favor. So i've stopped covering for others as im pretty sorted for money and they're never grateful for the favor anyway.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

In the last 4 years or so I believe I've stayed home from work due to sickness a total of 2 days, and I can't work from home. Doesn't mean i don't feel a bit sick here and there with a runny nose or headache or stomach ache or something though.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    nothing more worse than a cold with mild outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    I'm usually sick about twice or thrice a year, but only for about 1-2 days. For some, that't too much, while for some that's baby's league. I can work from home, so I am "sick" more than that, but not sick enough not to work, so I just connect through our VPN and work from home.

I have a friend who gets sick about once a month in fever, and an aquaintance who's always "sick" on mondays (hungover). That's a bit to much for me.
    LOL two years ago when I had the flu, I went to work with a blanket.....and a bucket.

of course back then I had no contact with other people so I could do it.

I also had 2 days off about 6 years ago for one of the WOW releases.

that's it in 8 years, 2 days off. All holidays, 365....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

15+ Year Old Account
    Rarely been at my job 12 years so far and i have over 2k sick hours saved up.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

I usually catch a cold at least once a year, which nets me two or three sick days. Then there are migraine attacks 3-4 times a year, severe enough to drop what I'm doing and go home for bedrest for the remainder of the day, though they might not happen during working hours.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    U bois make me proud, such little amount of sick time taken, such selfless sacrifice for the 3rd yacht of your company's CEO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    U bois make me proud, such little amount of sick time taken, such selfless sacrifice for the 3rd yacht of your company's CEO.
    I have a good amount of hours that i can take every year i don't need to pretend to be sick to get time off, you are also often not hurting your CEO but the rest of your team who has to compensate for your absence, reality is if you take a lot of sick days off, they'll see it as an option to do that work with one person less, upper management hardly ever gets effected by any of this.

Maybe once a year, i tend to stay at home if i have something like the flu just to not infect other people.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rarely. Even now in my ripe old age. When I worked, I would go years before I needed to take sick leave. Had over 2400 hours of sick leave built up when I retired. When I worked, you had no limit on how many hours you could build up and could use it to add extra service time to your retirement.

Can't do that any more where I worked. They changed the retirement and sick leave benefits. Not nearly as generous as it use to be. I retired at the right time.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I have a good amount of hours that i can take every year i don't need to pretend to be sick to get time off, you are also often not hurting your CEO but the rest of your team who has to compensate for your absence, reality is if you take a lot of sick days off, they'll see it as an option to do that work with one person less, upper management hardly ever gets effected by any of this.
    That's what you think.

On my end - the moment I am not in top shape, I'm not there, plain and simple. I am not going to work myself to death for sake of corporate greed.

Couple times of year my sinuses get really irritated and I tend to take a few days off. Usually right around Thanksgiving and this time of year actually; early summer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe once a year am I sick enough that I can't really work. I do make a habit of using all my sick days every year though.

That's what you think.

On my end - the moment I am not in top shape, I'm not there, plain and simple. I am not going to work myself to death for sake of corporate greed.
    Hmmms... but there are degrees in-between 'corporate greed' and working for e.g., a SME employing say 10 people.

So, assuming you're not the big boss taking the financial risk and reaping the financial gain but the role you play in the company is crucial and fundamental to the company's existence - you'd pull a sicky and let the team down?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what you think.

I like your thinking. I get paid if I'm sick, so I will use that to my advantage. I can self certify for up to 5 days, so anytime I'm off I will be off for at least 4 to make sure I'm completely ready to go back and recovered.

I do not like to leave my colleagues in the shit, but if I am legitimately ill, I won't go in. Not to mention if you work in an environment where you're close to each other in an office or such, whatever you have (cold/flu symptoms w/e) can spread like wildfire. This happened last year when 4-5 of us got the flu after one person came in with it. I don't understand these people with paid sick leave that come in because they want to be "manly". Congratulations, you're likely to make a lot of your colleagues ill because of your pride, so manly.

I will be honest though, I've been off once just "because I can", but can't say I feel guilty for it xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Not often. I came down with the flu late last year (first time in my life that I've ever had it, as far as I can remember) and took something like a day off, with a few days of working remotely. It was pretty awkward even working remotely just because I felt like complete shit the first few days, and I was taking Tamiflu, which had some weird side effects (dizziness and fucked up sense of taste were the ones that hit me the hardest).
    I had the flu for the first time about 3-4 years ago. I thought I'd had it before and that people were exaggerating when they said they were really bad with it, man was I wrong. When you actually get it, you damn well know about it. My doctor said it best "all these people saying oh, I have a bit of flu... There's no such thing". The flu is horrendous, I was in bed for 4 days and still felt rough afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I do not get paid if I am not at work so never. Like the half day "holiday" last Friday I don't like whole not being paid thing and would rather be working.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zero in the last 15 years.

My immune system is well above average. Cockroach like.

I wear a mask because I have probably had Covid 10 times now.

I am protecting dickwads that think a mask is some sort of government control over them.

Never call out because I'm sick. Rarely maybe once a quarter I'll call out because I'm just mentally exhausted.

Physical, very rarely. Most times I call in sick it's psychological and that's just for a few days at most. Most of the time it's 1-2 days tho. Couple times a year.
    Error 404 - Signature not found