Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    And far, far worse. Their leveling path for most pre-BFA content is atrocious in terms of efficiency, easily among the worst leveling addons. Only popular because it managed to get lucky.
    And free, free means a lot to people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isnt overwolf total garbage?

Lately we're getting more launchers than games
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Nice blue quote but clearly not true (or enforced) in the slightest since there are a lot of popular addons out there that require a fee (someone even a monthly fee) to work.
    t...that is what im saying...
    can you even read?
    Im pointing out people saying "they cant do that, its against the rules"
    And meanwhile pointing out all these addons that have been breaking the rules for years with nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    And far, far worse. Their leveling path for most pre-BFA content is atrocious in terms of efficiency, easily among the worst leveling addons. Only popular because it managed to get lucky.
    Maybe it’s worse but no leveling addon is worth 10 bucks a month, honestly, Zygor will save you maybe 6 hours total at a non-sense cost. And with SL speed it will even become more non sense.

I don't like either Twitch and Overwolf as my addon client. Curse Client worked perfectly, wish they brought that back instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    thank god i can uninstall twitch shit software now
    Yes I can not wait to uninstall twitch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I don't like either Twitch and Overwolf as my addon client. Curse Client worked perfectly, wish they brought that back instead.
    Second this

Overwolf is so much worse. They secretly install other software and use half your ram. It's awful.

Guess I'm going back to updating things myself since the new client is going to be total ass.

I miss the days of the original curse client (minus the charge for the "update all" button and more than 1 update download at a time i think it was)

Seems I'm ditching CurseForge entirely. I'm not wanting to use this site for addons. No way no how. Opt Out Ad Removal means pay us money to not see ads. It does not mean 'oh just turn it off if you don't like it'. I'm not running adware on my damn computer. I get that enough on browsers.

Didn't like Twitch in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    I miss the days of the original curse client (minus the charge for the "update all" button and more than 1 update download at a time i think it was)
    They're absolutely going to charge you for stuff like Update All and multiple concurrent downloads. These people can't run at a loss for good will like Twitch/Amazon did-- they will nickel and dime you for every possible thing to try and keep it profitable and justify their purchase.

Monetization and keylogger/malware laden ads are coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I can uninstal Twitch then. Hope the mods on the new client are standing out and not hidden like some second rate feature.

- - - Updated - - -

"They're absolutely going to charge you for stuff like Update All and multiple concurrent downloads. These people can't run at a loss for good will like Twitch/Amazon"

That is EXACTLY what will happen, which sucks, at least Twitch got rid o that faux premium sh!t.

Opt out of the account transfer process - your account data will not be shared with Overwolf if you opt out, which means that you won’t be able to access your account on the CurseForge website and app after the transition. If you opt out, a secure copy of your data stays with Twitch for a period of time, then will be deleted.
    How do I do that? where?

Oh good, I can't wait to download yet another trash tier addon update software, this time with the added bonus of it trying to illegally sell my information.

I think I'll just manually update my mods from now on. I'm tired of playing hot potato with corporations and their garbage.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Ugh Overwolf is a thousand times worse than twitch.

One thing that astonish me is that apparently here Twitch is really unpopular.

Since it’s basically THE streaming platform for video games I thought it was at least “tolerated” in here.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    One thing that astonish me is that apparently here Twitch is really unpopular.

Since it’s basically THE streaming platform for video games I thought it was at least “tolerated” in here.
    Some of it is jealousy I assume, the rest are the type of people that can't fathom people could like something they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Oh damn thank you, I hope the new owners will not break it.