Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thank God. I can finally Uninstall twitch....

Never watching or doing any streams so I can Uninstall that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Thank God. I can finally Uninstall twitch....

Never watching or doing any streams so I can Uninstall that shit.
    Out of curiosity what was your problem with it? You pressed 3 buttons updated all addons and closed it?

I guess I be updating my addons manually. Over wolf client is really shit unless they done something to it in the last 2 years

Love to get rid of the Twitch horror, but I’ll miss the ‘update all’ function. You needed to pay for that in the curse app and I’m sure that’ll return. Still better than forcing to install Twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DTJames View Post
    Uhh...Blizzard ToS is clearly against that?
    Oh don't worry, they'll just keep the money from wow mods for themselves instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    Well, never liked the Twitch app to manage my mod. The old curse client felt better and I encountered far less bugs so good riddance and lets hope Overwolf can do it better and if thats's the case, then the change can't come soon enough
    This. I did not like twitch app, to many clicks to get to mods...I dont use twitch, I watch stuff on YT, so the app was useless for me.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    Well, never liked the Twitch app to manage my mod. The old curse client felt better and I encountered far less bugs so good riddance and lets hope Overwolf can do it better and if thats's the case, then the change can't come soon enough
    Their subreddit suggests they were recently pwned by a malware ad network that caused browsers to begin opening popup tabs every 1 minute with malware on it. Their CEO posted saying they are going to try to prevent that from happening in the future.

So... not good.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Love to get rid of the Twitch horror, but I’ll miss the ‘update all’ function. You needed to pay for that in the curse app and I’m sure that’ll return. Still better than forcing to install Twitch.
    We'll see, but good point. Still I can live without.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Popular authors have been making money off of Curse for years now. It is not against policy to make money off of addons. The rule clearly states that addons cannot be behind a paywall and cannot ask for money or advertise ingame. Many years ago, OQueue got in trouble for making a "buy me a beer" joke. Addons such as Zygor toe this line by providing the core of the addon for free but keeping parts of it behind a paywall.
    I mean it clearly says addons cannot have a premium paid version. Sounds like Blizzard hasn't rightfully banned them yet.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I mean it clearly says addons cannot have a premium paid version. Sounds like Blizzard hasn't rightfully banned them yet.
    "yet" you mean the last 15 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Kall View Post
    Well, I can uninstal Twitch then. Hope the mods on the new client are standing out and not hidden like some second rate feature.

- - - Updated - - -

"They're absolutely going to charge you for stuff like Update All and multiple concurrent downloads. These people can't run at a loss for good will like Twitch/Amazon"

That is EXACTLY what will happen, which sucks, at least Twitch got rid o that faux premium sh!t.
    With corona around I've got Amazon Prime anyway. So more premium woulda been nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    One thing that astonish me is that apparently here Twitch is really unpopular.

Since it’s basically THE streaming platform for video games I thought it was at least “tolerated” in here.
    MMO-C predates zoomers, so not surprising that streaming is unpopular, IMO.

There's a South Park episode out there of "why would I watch someone play video games instead of just playing video games" that probably matches most the sentiment here.

So we are going to be required to install a known adware to use the new app? How disappointing. Definitely not gonna do it.

Overwolf is legit garbage. have tried it multiple times and always uninstalled. forces shit on you, not at all intuitive, lags, ect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, I don't like Twitch, but my past experiences with Overwolf were awful too. Way worse than my experience with Twitch. So... I really don't like this change at all ¬¬

Hopefully it won't be bad for those that like this kind of service. I don't like to automate stuff like this so I manual install still, though I also keep things pretty minimal with mods. Mostly visual/clarity changes, and for roleplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    amazing news, now i dont have to use that cancer twitch app.
    This x infinity
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh... this won't go well. Glad I have my pihole up and running.

Software distribution has been prety well 'solved' now. Encourage the developers of your addons to move to git (github, gitlab, or w.e.)
    We really don't need or want a new monitization option for addon distribution

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    This x infinity
    You will regret this post later

overwolf? like wth uses overwolf? discord I can understand. but the last time i used overwolf was like years ago for a few matches of mech warrior online 2-3 times. never touched it again. and wasnt overwolf just an addon for teamspeak? what has changed with it?