Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DietzThought View Post
    I'm sure it's possible to design in a way so you can't abuse it.

Anyway thanks for replying to all of my points.
    It's true that every thing in itself is managable, it's just that for me all of it together is overwhelming.
    I have some concentration issues (maybe ADD) so maybe it's not as bad for you guys.

I loved the mage tower in Legion however, but that wasn't as bloated mechanic-wise I think.
    It wasn't "that bloated" (even visions aren't - the mechanics dont occur at the same time, they are split between each enemy/zone), but these mechanics were even more deadly when they were fresh and not out-geared

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    This sounds like a gitgud and L2P type problem.

By your complaints, I don't imagine you raid, do mythic+, or anything else in WoW because those are the types of things you go up against in pretty much any type of WoW activity.
    ok Donald...here we go...https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...agonmaw/darchi

...anyway, I was never said or wrote for myself that I am high pro lvl player...I think I belong to middle tier lvl players, but amount of salty and toxic ppls here is just amazing... anyway gl and cheers to all of you!!!...peace!!!...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I think you are jusy bad.
    And I bet you are bad as a person in rl...
    Last edited by Grof; 2020-06-22 at 05:43 PM.

They're fine early on, but for anyone with gear, it quickly becomes a case of "Oh sweet, I just got an upgrade... Now to run 5x 5 masks after farming for hours to get the visions/echoes required to do them in the first place. Greeeeat."

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    They're fine early on, but for anyone with gear, it quickly becomes a case of "Oh sweet, I just got an upgrade... Now to run 5x 5 masks after farming for hours to get the visions/echoes required to do them in the first place. Greeeeat."
    they are a means to an end. now that ive farmed out all the corruptions i need, ill do 1 a week until my resistance is capped, then stop.

torghast will be the same thing in shadowlands, except instead of being 1 patch it will last 2 years. its how the game is.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    they are a means to an end. now that ive farmed out all the corruptions i need, ill do 1 a week until my resistance is capped, then stop.

torghast will be the same thing in shadowlands, except instead of being 1 patch it will last 2 years. its how the game is.
    Torghast seems to be a lot more fluid & varied with the power-ups & whatnot, though. I'm hoping it's at least a significant step up from Visions in terms of buffs & fun times to be had, with a lot more spec-centric stuff instead of "kill this guy for 10% crit chance." I've not looked too much into it so I might be wrong, but I am a bit hopeful that it'll turn out good.

I don't think the concept of visions is bad, just some mechanics are unfun. And that applies to a lot of aspects of the game. For example knockbacks are terrible. Anything that makes you lose control of your char, really (and no, living action potion is not a solution).
    As melee though i find leaden foot the worst offender.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Well, I got lower geared characters. If you know what can happen, you can react quickly. Dodging is the most important stuff, if you can do this, it doesnt matter if something does fast or slow.
    The longer something takes to die, the higher the risk to make mistakes. For example you can burn the bosses while in gift of the titan and IGNORE everything or actually have to deal with stuff. On Alleria, even if you kick the explozives, the room will get filled with crap if you are too slow.

Time matters. A lot. Has it never happened to you that you were picked up and thrown in the Geyara area in Org through the daze circles? And then because of leaden foot and the way daze makes you walk you simply get grounded and can't get out of the next thing when your daze wears off? This is pure bad luck, nothing you can dodge here.

Also, keep in mind undergeared chars can actually die from damage taken. On bosses even, when it is not a matter of pulling safely.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2020-06-22 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I don't think the concept of visions is bad, just some mechanics are unfun. And that applies to a lot of aspects of the game. For example knockbacks are terrible. Anything that makes you lose control of your char, really (and no, living action potion is not a solution).
    As melee though i find leaden foot the worst offender.

- - - Updated - - -

The longer something takes to die, the higher the risk to make mistakes. For example you can burn the bosses while in gift of the titan and IGNORE everything or use it.

Time matters. A lot. Has it never happened to you that you were picked up and thrown in the Geyara area in Org through the daze circles? And then because of leaden foot and the way daze makes you walk you simply get grounded and can't get out of the next thing when your daze wears off? This is pure bad luck, nothing you can dodge here.
    Your example happens everytime I do a 5 mask with certain affixes on. But if you don't move when not needed, you can EASILY get out of the circle, as there is no slow then.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Torghast seems to be a lot more fluid & varied with the power-ups & whatnot, though. I'm hoping it's at least a significant step up from Visions in terms of buffs & fun times to be had, with a lot more spec-centric stuff instead of "kill this guy for 10% crit chance." I've not looked too much into it so I might be wrong, but I am a bit hopeful that it'll turn out good.
    its more varied, powers let you do silly powerful things. but at the end of the day, people rebel against anything that becomes "mandatory". and seeing how its the only way to get the mats for legendaries, it will be mandatory.

tl;dr - it will be fun, but people will complain about it, endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by DietzThought View Post
    I'm sure it's possible to design in a way so you can't abuse it.

Anyway thanks for replying to all of my points.
    It's true that every thing in itself is managable, it's just that for me all of it together is overwhelming.
    I have some concentration issues (maybe ADD) so maybe it's not as bad for you guys.

I loved the mage tower in Legion however, but that wasn't as bloated mechanic-wise I think.
    Wasn't as bloated?

Someone didn't do the tank mage tower challenges. It's easy to talk when you only did the dps ones, those were easy to out gear.

They are ok, but they are overrated. Not sure why people keep praising them as something really special? After you have done few of the 5 mask runs, what else there is to them? You most likely have all the toys and pets at that point. To grind the 100k mementos for mount? Click the mailboxes in the small hopes that Mailmuncher will spawn this time? Pfff, no. Gonna do that in SL when I dont have to think each time I do them.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Wasn't as bloated?

Someone didn't do the tank mage tower challenges. It's easy to talk when you only did the dps ones, those were easy to out gear.
    Uhhhh the tank tower.. This still gets me bad vibes.
    Almost did it when it came out, maybe 5%ish or something left. Was kinda low geared by then - Nighthold normal/heroic gear I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    ...I can not even describe how concept of horrific vissions is poor, horrible and annoying. How the fck jumping, running like moron, loosing control of your char, can be fun for somebody is beyond me. That type of things have nothing with skills and good and smart gameplay. It is annoying and stupid as fck. If I want playing that kind of shit, I will turn on shity nintento and play shity mario games or whatever they called....

P.S just for information, from long time ago I have all mounts, pets, toys, mog items, title and all achivments, so it is not that I am noob, just think concept is bad and not fun at all!!!...
    Okay so you don't like the concept of visions or the mechanics that are contained withing this game mode. Fair enough. On the flip side what would you want to see in order to better the system? Seeing as how visions are a temporary game mode in terms of relevance there has to be some kind of idea that you think would make this system better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald The Mcdonald View Post
    Okay so you don't like the concept of visions or the mechanics that are contained withing this game mode. Fair enough. On the flip side what would you want to see in order to better the system? Seeing as how visions are a temporary game mode in terms of relevance there has to be some kind of idea that you think would make this system better.
    maybe something like mage tower or rogue legendary quests from cata...

I like visions because they are relevant, rewarding solo content that give players an alternative progression path.. I think I kinda both love and hate them for different reasons, the mechanics are incredibly frustrating at times but overall I think they are still good content... Just maybe not after you have farmed them hundreds of times, which some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Wasn't as bloated?

The tank mage tower was bloated but it wasn't the same kinda annoying bloated. And I think the mage tower is different because it's a sort of boss encounter, it's more of a sprint than a 25-30min vision, which is more like a dungeon. I did the Mage towers on Warrior with period gear and they were all very difficult but you could plan ahead, you'd keep wiping and refining your approach as you progressed a bit like a raid encounter.

Mage towers were one and done too, not farm content. Can you imagine having to do Guardian Druid Mage Tower every week? Jesus christ.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Only issue is hot feet, but not as much as a bad affix, but it's frequent... way too frequent.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I have two issues with HVs, but neither of them are related to gameplay (I actually love their design and run 4-5/week).

1) Farming the currency kinda sucks. I get that they don't want people to burn out running them, but 10k is steep for some people.

2) The reward pool is limited. If it was truly designed to be a path for solo gearing they should have included weapons and jewelry.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Oh thanks for pointing that out, didnt know that. Usually i just nuke em down since as i mentioned earlier they die almost instantly.
    It actually says in the buff they have. They also only get energy when they successfully land melee hits. On tanks, they can spend a minute at 0.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You might already know this but I'm dumb as shit and just realized in a run the other day that the traps on the ground that stun you are totally avoidable, you just need to DPS him in an area far away from them. Also, I try to make sure I pull him when the GCD for Gift is up since it can proc off of damaging the boars and it's significantly easier if you get a proc. Lust drums can help, too, especially if you go towards Rexxar's side first since it'll be up again by the time you get to Thrall.
    They're also completely fixed. He throws them in the exact same locations every single fight. There's nothing random about any of the CCs in Visions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    How the fck jumping, running like moron, loosing control of your char, can be fun for somebody is beyond me.

Exactly the same was I feel about PvP in this game every time I watch a clip of arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    I finished my first 5 Mask yesterday in Orgrimmar. Rexxar's room is literally the dumbest thing, and the ONLY place I can die, but it's too common. A single CC hits you because of RNG and you'll be 100-0'd in seconds with nothing you can do.

Utterly ridiculous that Rexxar is the entire Vision, and not Thrall. To top that off, the boss in Geya'rah's segment can desync or something and hit you with abilities you're not even in/close to.
    How is walking into a trap he places on the pull in the same 3 spots every time "RNG"?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    visions haven't any real rng. Just bad execution from player sometimes. Also I often finish 5 masks + 10 crystals + all mobs without any orbs. If u r still bad at mechanics just do visions as group of 2. It become slighly easier. All bosses are trivial if you do em properly. Some affects more annoying than others. Especially on some bosses. Slow on Umbric when you havent any slow removal rly annoying. Fire legs as well. But well, if you play arenas sometimes you mustnt have so much bad feels about that. When 20 of 30 secs you are sheeped, stunned, feared or rooted. This crap pretty similar - just need accept it as a part of rotation.