Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DTJames View Post
    Uhh...Blizzard ToS is clearly against that?
    They are against people forcing people to buy them, they aren't against people taking money for them. It is why many things have donation tabs not fees to get them. Even with that many streamers and youtubers already sell their UI set ups and different WA and Blizzard doesn't do a thing about that. This might push things over the top though and Blizzard with step in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    hope that discord buys it next
    God no, there are enough privacy issues with Discord as it is nevermind every so often something like the RF issues on Discord. If they got into add ons the issues of peer to peer would be magnified even further.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Spyware is back on the menu boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    This... is not the first time. Again a different client? :/
    I will still get my ad free experience that I got for adopting early.. and the Simultaneous downloads that I got for adopting early? Right? It said Lifetime..

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    TSM's premium service only really does some extra things in the APP (great deals), you get the full addon without paying.

And Zygor gets away with it through some loophole of the addon is free but the "Scripts" are paid, same way people can do sub for WA strings.
    You can find zygor for free by literally googling "zygor guide free"
    c

Quote Originally Posted by Indil View Post
    You can find zygor for free by literally googling "zygor guide free"
    Well, technically that's the same as googling "newest single player game free", and may be illegal since it's technically a paid program.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Overwolf? Really? Just 2 days ago (20-Jun-20) they had a bunch of users get hit with malware ads as popups.

I would be willing to stop using Twitch; I only use Twitch's client for WoW addons as it is, so I'd just be swapping one app for another. With that said, there is nothing that will compel me to install Overwolf as that new software app.

I would honestly prefer to update my addons manually.... and unless a good non-Overwolf option presents itself, that is precisely what I intend to do.
    You'd prefer to update them manually?
    So, do it.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Can't be worse than it is now, that Twitch application is pure cancer.

New update every week to make sure people keep clicking on their mods to get that $$$

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to miss everything being consolidated together and being ran by a reliable service. Oh well.
    Always do the minimum required to achieve the maximum possible result.

Quote Originally Posted by pikin-cock View Post
    just use a real addon manager
    is there one you would recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    New update every week to make sure people keep clicking on their mods to get that $$$
    Most addons i have update almost every week anyway.

Addon authors having the chance to get some money is fine with me, if you pay someoone for programming it's expensive.

But Overwolf? I tryed it some years back and I don't remember why exactly, just that I had to get rid of it as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You'd prefer to update them manually?
    So, do it.
    well its safer to update manualy then get your PC infested .

so .... choice is obvious

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't change anything for me, as I've always fixed my AddOns manually.

Not a fan of the Twitch app, but going from that to A̶d̶w̶a̶r̶e̶Overwolf is a change from bad to worse. I'd rather switch to CurseBreaker or any other lite update client with barebone functionality.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Twitch app: 3 clicks, done and closing.

Overwolf: close 3 ads, decline premium offer, decline donation begging, update every single add on, get malware andSpyware for free.

Nice..

As long as we can fetch the URLs of curseforge and the download links to addons, nothing will change. Why do people use these spyware software shit anyway? Like the horrible twitch client? Just use scripts or third party addons to update your addons. It is not that hard.. I play WoW on Linux and I 've no problem updating my addons since years, and I do not use such crappy apps. (even if I wanted to, they don't run on Linux anyway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooooo... Once more, we are forced to switch to a new app that can update the 100+ addons we have installed.

Well, it cannot be worse than Twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Paze View Post
    Twitch app: 3 clicks, done and closing.

Overwolf: close 3 ads, decline premium offer, decline donation begging, update every single add on, get malware andSpyware for free.

Nice..
    exactly, dont understand how people can be happy because they think the twitch client was bad, overwolf is 100 times worse just so people know lol

overwolf is infamous for being extremly adware heavy, and its not the first time they have been hit with malware/spyware ads on the app so whatever you do dont click a single add lol or you will have all your information stolen by some russian hackers

overwolf litteraly had their app compromised several times already and people are praising this change because they think the twitch client is bad
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2020-06-23 at 07:26 AM.