Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Multibox is a "legalized" form of botting
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Do you think Addons shouldn't be allowed? It's the same thing, you can accomplish the same stuff in-game without them but they streamline the process. You can multibox without any software but it's a lot clunkier, and you'd be doing a lot fewer characters if you're one of those extreme multiboxers, but if you're just playing a couple of characters in easy content like WQs / farming / etc you could still do it without the software. I did RAF characters like that once upon a time.

It's fine to not like it, totally fine actually, but after 15+ years in this game and several more years in MMOs in general it isn't going anywhere lol.
    Not quite, you can use add ons to make something more efficient, but going back to the node example you can't use add ons to give yourself 3-4-5-6-7-8x the amount you gain from one node.

If you had read any of my other replies you'd see I've not said once to remove it or said it's going away. I just said I disagree with it.

@Logwyn Its completely different. Nodes are designed for you to harvest one, it vanishes for you and but remains for x amount of players after you. A multiboxer comes along and can harvest it on x number of toons. If you can't see why that's an issue then I've got nothing for you.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    No. You’re skewing “reduced human interaction” which is vague and grey at best to meet you ends. 3 words of the definition don’t define its entirety.
    What are my ends? To show that multiboxing is a gray area as it currently stands.

As I've said all the time, if you want to multibox then go ahead and do it - but Blizzard should reduce/remove the "bot-like" benefits of gathering 10 nodes with just one action. If they only changed nodes (and other things that work similarly) to be personal (and by personal I mean completely personal, so that nodes spawn in different places for each player) or made nodes so that only 1 character can loot them (and yes, they would have to be careful to not have another classic-devilsaur leather dupe going on) then there would be absolutely no problem with Multiboxers as they couldn't screw economy the same way Bots do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Do you think Addons shouldn't be allowed? It's the same thing, you can accomplish the same stuff in-game without them but they streamline the process. You can multibox without any software but it's a lot clunkier, and you'd be doing a lot fewer characters if you're one of those extreme multiboxers, but if you're just playing a couple of characters in easy content like WQs / farming / etc you could still do it without the software. I did RAF characters like that once upon a time.

It's fine to not like it, totally fine actually, but after 15+ years in this game and several more years in MMOs in general it isn't going anywhere lol.
    The same argument can be made about bots. You can do things manually, or you can streamline the process and create a bot.

oh and It's fine to not like it, totally fine actually, but after 15+ years in this game and several more years in MMOs in general it isn't going anywhere lol - even if its bannable.

Kinda need better arguments mate

How else would gold farmers and people that sell accounts make a living then..... LOL jokes aside Blizzard will not get rid of Multi boxers because that is more money for them.

I multibox in classic for the challenge of playing 5 different classes in a dungeon at the same time. I control the tank, the healer, and all dps. It's challenging and I have nobody to blame except myself when I wipe - I love that aspect of it.

This type of multiboxing you don't see, because I'm not out in the world ruining the gameplay experience for other players.

Every complaint in this thread is just complaining about herb farming, etc, which has nothing to do with my multiboxing gameplay.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

I wonder what people would QQ about if multiboxing didn't exist, would they just double their efforts of crying about botters?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    I multibox in classic for the challenge of playing 5 different classes in a dungeon at the same time. I control the tank, the healer, and all dps. It's challenging and I have nobody to blame except myself when I wipe - I love that aspect of it.

This type of multiboxing you don't see, because I'm not out in the world ruining the gameplay experience for other players.

Every complaint in this thread is just complaining about herb farming, etc, which has nothing to do with my multiboxing gameplay.
    I'm looking forward to boxxing M+ after I get all my alts leveled

After having multiboxxed it is fairly boring playing just 1 character. Especially melee, not having to micromanage the range of 2-4 other melee characters and make sure they are all on the right target, don't have to make sure everyone has all the right gear, don't have to do crazy ass turns to make sure everyone clears an obstacle, it's so much less going on playing solo.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-06-23 at 01:52 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    What are my ends? To show that multiboxing is a gray area as it currently stands.

As I've said all the time, if you want to multibox then go ahead and do it - but Blizzard should reduce/remove the "bot-like" benefits of gathering 10 nodes with just one action. If they only changed nodes (and other things that work similarly) to be personal (and by personal I mean completely personal, so that nodes spawn in different places for each player) or made nodes so that only 1 character can loot them (and yes, they would have to be careful to not have another classic-devilsaur leather dupe going on) then there would be absolutely no problem with Multiboxers as they couldn't screw economy the same way Bots do.

- - - Updated - - -

The same argument can be made about bots. You can do things manually, or you can streamline the process and create a bot.

oh and It's fine to not like it, totally fine actually, but after 15+ years in this game and several more years in MMOs in general it isn't going anywhere lol - even if its bannable.

Kinda need better arguments mate
    Your end is not showing that multiboxing is in the grey area but to define it as automation using a segment of a part of a definition of the term automation.

Your end is not showing that multiboxing is in the grey area but to define it as automation using a segment of a part of a definition of the term automation.
    But it's not, I don't actually want multiboxing itself to go away - just the part of it that is bot-like and has bot-like gains, which can be removed easily by Blizzard.
    If I had to choose between current multiboxing and no multiboxing at all, then I'd take no multiboxing any second, however since there is a better alternative I'd rather take that.

But hey, keep on ignoring the posts because you love your bot-like herb farm.

No, paying money to get an edge shouldn't be allowed
    Be feared, or be fuel

But it's not, I don't actually want multiboxing itself to go away - just the part of it that is bot-like and has bot-like gains, which can be removed easily by Blizzard.
    If I had to choose between current multiboxing and no multiboxing at all, then I'd take no multiboxing any second, however since there is a better alternative I'd rather take that.

But hey, keep on ignoring the posts because you love your bot-like herb farm.
    You talk like multiboxing has changed. Care to elaborate more on this. I havent multiboxed since the warcraft movie event.

You talk like multiboxing has changed. Care to elaborate more on this. I havent multiboxed since the warcraft movie event.
    The game has, which allows multiboxers to get gains that previously weren't there. Mainly gathering and mob farming, with nodes being able to be picked by multiple characters a single multiboxer can get X times the herbs a normal player can with the same action (X being the amount of clients, not sure how many is required for the node to disappear). The same applies to farming where personal loot means that you get multiple times the loot (or chances to get the loot, in case of rare items).

The game has, which allows multiboxers to get gains that previously weren't there. Mainly gathering and mob farming, with nodes being able to be picked by multiple characters a single multiboxer can get X times the herbs a normal player can with the same action (X being the amount of clients, not sure how many is required for the node to disappear). The same applies to farming where personal loot means that you get multiple times the loot (or chances to get the loot, in case of rare items).
    And multiboxers should be penalized do to the game changing?

And multiboxers should be penalized do to the game changing?
    I'd prefer the game changing, but if I had to choose between having multiboxers in current state of the game versus not having them at all, I'd pick no multiboxers anyday. As I've said in the last few posts to you.

I'd prefer the game changing, but if I had to choose between having multiboxers in current state of the game versus not having them at all, I'd pick no multiboxers anyday. As I've said in the last few posts to you.
    You still wouldn't have any nodes to pick. Because the problem lay with CRZ'ing the servers, not the scapegoat multiboxers.

Try setting up a multiboxing team, go stand next to a node and see how that "botting" works for you, if your other character automagically pick a herb without your action.

Seriously, the "muh herbs" crows here blaming mutiboxers for playing a game their own way is hilariously sad.

As stated many times, Blizzard is fine with multiboxing. If you feel inferior because of it, noone is preventing you from doing it yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    You still wouldn't have any nodes to pick. Because the problem lay with CRZ'ing the servers, not the scapegoat multiboxers.
    There are plenty of nodes to pick, not that I care about gathering myself. You can also make all nodes personal, as has been said before, which would fix both problems and you'd always have a reason and decent rate of gathering herbs yourself.
    The way Multiboxing gathers herbs etc. currently is just harmful for the economy, if you just want cheaper prices of herbs etc. then just allows bots while you're at it - the same thing is achieved then.

Seeing as you wont answer the question, i cant change my mind on the matter.

Seeing as you wont answer the question, i cant change my mind on the matter.
    Ok, lets try wording it this way. NO, but if Blizzard doesn't change the way the game works then YES. I just want the game to be better, and that includes the economy within the game.

There are plenty of nodes to pick, not that I care about gathering myself. You can also make all nodes personal, as has been said before, which would fix both problems and you'd always have a reason and decent rate of gathering herbs yourself.
    The way Multiboxing gathers herbs etc. currently is just harmful for the economy, if you just want cheaper prices of herbs etc. then just allows bots while you're at it - the same thing is achieved then.
    Economically, what is the difference between 5 separate players flying around gathering the same nodes, vs 5 accounts being multi boxed by one person gathering the same nodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    Economically, what is the difference between 5 separate players flying around gathering the same nodes, vs 5 accounts being multi boxed by one person gathering the same nodes?
    5 players getting herbs instead of just 1, ah prices will be the same. However we're not talking about 5 players and 1 multiboxer with 5 accounts, but rather 5 players where one has 5 accounts. Thats 9 accounts in total almost double the amount of herbs and thus the prices drop.