Thread: Mythic+

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I dont get it. If u dont like it just dont play it.

In my oppinion it is the best thing. I only Mythic Raid to get my Gear pieces to let me push M+ even further not the other way round.

Usually i loose interest in an addon after like around 1 Year or 2 Raid Tiers and i quit to the next expansion. This time is the first time i am still into it and even more then ever looking forward to the upcoming Push Weeks with BIS Corruptions.

Ofc the M+ System has some flaws. Fort/Tyr should be removed or better balanced, Season 1 and 3 Affix were shitty, the overall balance between certain Affix combo weeks should be better and in higher keys the META Issues(at least that got a little better in S4)
    Maybe it is on purpose but there are some weeks where u almost only do your weekly key and thats it and other weeks where everyone is grinding 24/7. Just balance the shit combo weeks a little bit maybe? I dont say all weeks should be equal but at the moment Tyrannical and some weeks are just overtuned.

And with the Meta Issue someone in a different post suggested some kind of NPC at the start where u could get 1-2 special Group abilities like an additional stun or Shroud, anything which lets u take classes with a little less utility or dont be forced to take some classes.

A lot of people complain about the complexity of the Trash and the Esports design. In keys below 15 all that really doesnt matter the casts dont hurt and u can just run through the dungeon without careing much about any ability. If u wanna push higher sure u need to know and handle the trash mechanics and thats fine, maybe higher keys isnt just for those people.

It's 1 of, if not the best feature blizz ever added. I still prefer raiding because that's what drew me to the game many years ago however i think M+ is such a fantastic addition i think current wow would fall very flat without it.

There are no time commitments like there is with raiding, you can hop in and out.
    it has progression for all skill levels +0 / +5 / +10 / +15 etc
    It makes something trivial re-playable for an entire expansion
    It gives an alternative to raiding - whilst most people do both, you literally don't have to step foot in a raid to do high keys.

Back in wrath, after you cleared naxx and got your BIS, the dungeons were completely pointless for the remainder of the expansion, why would you even want to go back to that?

Obviously it could be better but that's like everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    Back in wrath, after you cleared naxx and got your BIS, the dungeons were completely pointless for the remainder of the expansion, why would you even want to go back to that?

Obviously it could be better but that's like everything.
    Back in the good old times dungeon loot still mattered for a long time because raid loot was few and far in between. And then they increased the amount of loot you got. More from raids, loot from tokens/points, epics from exalted reps, etc. Dungeons became more and more useless and devolved into something that you just rushed through for a daily reward. But in the good old times there were actual reasons to go into dungeons many months after release because you weren't just showered in loot from all kinds of places.

totally disagree with OP. for me Mythic+ by far best thing in game thus far.

I hate raiding as PUGs blow, and not interested in committing one or two nights per week to the game. I like to play when I want to , not when I have to.
    Havent tried PVP yet, but prob should.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    there are some classes/specs that have it really hard in M+ in specific weeks, though. .
    meh, I started mythic+'s for first time ever about 6 weeks ago (play 0-2 hrs per day) as Holy priest (pretty much the worst). I realize I'm likely capped at +14s unless I join reg group, but have had not problem thus far healing, and am having a blast. Just need avg tank and avg DPS. Maybe other healing specs can heal weak groups. So I don't join unless group looks solid.

I've cleared 14s on only two dungeons, 12s on two others, and the rest 4s-9s. so plenty of content left for me until SL.

Back in the good old times dungeon loot still mattered for a long time because raid loot was few and far in between. And then they increased the amount of loot you got. More from raids, loot from tokens/points, epics from exalted reps, etc. Dungeons became more and more useless and devolved into something that you just rushed through for a daily reward. But in the good old times there were actual reasons to go into dungeons many months after release because you weren't just showered in loot from all kinds of places.
    One false premise after another. Before mythic+ dungeons were very seldom run for gear (other than fresh max levels) for real raiders. Even when they would add a new dungeon with a new loot table (like DM), so you would run it for a few weeks and then you would be done. The game has always showered you with loot. The only difference now is that more of the loot is purple or blue and it is hard for some people to understand that doesn't mean anything. You've always vendored/melted most of the drops you get and that is no different now. I do mythic raiding and do above a +15 each week and I still have a lot of slots I would like to upgrade. According to you that should not be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    One false premise after another. Before mythic+ dungeons were very seldom run for gear (other than fresh max levels) for real raiders. Even when they would add a new dungeon with a new loot table (like DM), so you would run it for a few weeks and then you would be done. The game has always showered you with loot. The only difference now is that more of the loot is purple or blue and it is hard for some people to understand that doesn't mean anything. You've always vendored/melted most of the drops you get and that is no different now. I do mythic raiding and do above a +15 each week and I still have a lot of slots I would like to upgrade. According to you that should not be possible.
    Why are you only doing one M+15 per week? Because 465 gear does nothing for you? Because you got showered with 470+ items throughout the weeks therefore making dungeon loot worthless to you?

Back in the days you did dungeons for many weeks and months to gear up. Keep in mind that not everyone has the time to grind dungeons over and over again every day. For a lot of people it was months. It wouldn’t take weeks or months nowadays to outgear dungeons without mythic+. That’s my point.

Why are you only doing one M+15 per week? Because 465 gear does nothing for you? Because you got showered with 470+ items throughout the weeks therefore making dungeon loot worthless to you?

Back in the days you did dungeons for many weeks and months to gear up. Keep in mind that not everyone has the time to grind dungeons over and over again every day. For a lot of people it was months. It wouldn’t take weeks or months nowadays to outgear dungeons without mythic+. That’s my point.
    Wow, your reading comprehension is fucking terrible. LOL. I never said I only do one key a week because that's not the case. And what the fuck are you talking about? Showered with 470+ items? Do you even play the game? Go ahead and list the activities that reward 470+.

I've been playing since 2004 and I don't need some rando internet guy to tell be about "back in the day". It's a bullshit meme. Dungeons were quickly irrelevant for any kind of real raider in every expansion before Legion and its mythic+, completely unlike now where people are still doing a bunch of dungeons deep into the last tier of the expansion. Not sure what this tangent is that you want to take about casuals continuing to run dungeons because they never gear up, but it does not relate to what you quoted.

Mythic + was a fucking life savior to be quite frank. Single-handed the best addition Wow have had for ages. 5-mans was fading away(for a long time)before this change. I have met one who doesn't like it in game, but he never did 5-mans anyway lol. Seems to be a well received addition to the game within the player base.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-06-25 at 01:35 AM.

Nah sorry, i was there in the good old times and it didn't matter. Once you got into raiding dungeons become irreverent for the remainder of the xpac apart from freshly dinged alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Except to support your arguement you basically have to ignore the existence of badge vendors...

Nah sorry, i was there in the good old times and it didn't matter. Once you got into raiding dungeons become irreverent for the remainder of the xpac apart from freshly dinged alts.
    sure, dungeon loot was irrelevant because you had a chance to get that great raid loot from those 2 drops per boss with 39 other players in the raid.

Dungeon loot was irrelevant because you nolifed dungeons until you had all the loot you needed and then you went into raids with it. Just look at Classic how people played it when it came out. How people grinded the same bosses over and over again for their pre-raid BiS. Sure, if you play the game like it's your job then yes, dungeon stopped to matter after a few weeks...

Mythic plus is great. It's sad that the loot is caped though but I understand why.
    The best way to get into group are by making them yourself. You can then pick people and build your RIO score. I have friends with classes that's not considered "meta" and they have problems getting into 15+ despite having 2200 something score. Their class is just not wanted :P Most of the time, that is not causing a wipe/deplete, it's overpulling, mishandeling of trash, taking avoidable damage, blowing CDs wrongly etc. Picking a class over another is redundant in most chases if it's not super high keys like 25+ maybe. When you and those you play with have perfected their skills then class might matter, not before that. However, most players fail to see this which means we got to play it their way. Either by rolling a meta class or having very high score and ilvl.

TL;DR:
    Just play the game. Start slow and low if needed, work your way up.
    Resistance gear was still a thing though. God lord, I spent so much time in Mara to get nature resistance... Was fun though
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost10491 View Post
    Anybody else feel mythic+ was the worst thing to ever get developed in wow?
    Yeap, 100%. The best loot system in WoW (and the most popular, in terms of subs) was when the best gear only came from weekly lockout raids. That enabled people to play 2-3 times a week in a good guild, and have the best gear and rewards in game.

Mythic+ with no weekly lockout, grind all day style for the perfect items, has turned WoW's loot system into a Diablo style loot system, where items don't mean anything special any longer.

In my opinion, the MoP challenge mode system was the best. No gear rewards, just titles, mounts and cosmetic items. Let the kids spend 10 hours a day farming these if they like, they'll get no competitive advantage over those just raiding with the guild.

I'm hoping the success of classic will lead Blizzard to remove loot rewards from Mythic+, and just leave it as a PVP Gladiator style 'pro' player domain.
    Last edited by Crushima; 2020-06-29 at 11:04 AM.

M+ is great.

Dungeons have always been replayable content, and when dungeon loot mattered before M+ (Vanilla/TBC), people were doing lots of.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    Yeap, 100%. The best loot system in WoW (and the most popular, in terms of subs) was when the best gear only came from weekly lockout raids. That enabled people to play 2-3 times a week in a good guild, and have the best gear and rewards in game.

Mythic+ with no weekly lockout, grind all day style for the perfect items, has turned WoW's loot system into a Diablo style loot system, where items don't mean anything special any longer.

In my opinion, the MoP challenge mode system was the best. No gear rewards, just titles, mounts and cosmetic items. Let the kids spend 10 hours a day farming these if they like, they'll get no competitive advantage over those just raiding with the guild.

I'm hoping the success of classic will lead Blizzard to remove loot rewards from Mythic+, and just leave it as a PVP Gladiator style 'pro' player domain.
    Yeah, that will never happen. M+ has been overwhelmingly positively received.
    I would welcome the challenge modes back tho. In ADDITION to current M+ system, not REPLACING it.
    I would like M+ to gauge your performance by the number of deaths, rather than the timer itself.

For example
    0-3: +3 key levels
    4-10: +2
    11-20: +1
    21+: -1

Right now somewhere above 20 deaths is where your run is not going to be timed, even if your DPS is good. This would correspond and not create rush mindset in standard M+ runs. You still need to kill trash fast or it will overwhelm the tank and healer who have finite number of defensive CD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Athulua View Post
    I would like M+ to gauge your performance by the number of deaths, rather than the timer itself.
    I like that idea!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost10491 View Post
    Anybody else feel mythic+ was the worst thing to ever get developed in wow?
    Nope. Not even close.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I'm not a big mythic pluser, but I can see how it keeps dungeons relevant throughout the whole expansion, and allows people who want to push keys for time to have that different avenue of gameplay in WoW. PvE-progression wise it's certainly one of the better upgrades in the history of the game.

I also don't understand the people hating on the system. Just don't do it? It's really that simple guys. WoW seems to have an incredible amount of people who want to police how others are having fun. Disallow LFR, Disallow pet battles, Disallow mythic+, Disallow gear from world quests...just play how you fucking want, if your fun relies on taking fun from others you're just a shitty person.

How so? Most BiS items come from the raids anyway. Or are you one of those who believe you can just get high level gear quickly without effort by doing m+? How many dungeons have you done to have that opinion?

Agree on this one. And I also love m+, I really do like the idea. WoW would have been completely dead (almost) for me if it wasnt right now.

And I also like the idea of Visions, however, having to spam them all the time is very annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Mythic plus is great. It's sad that the loot is caped though but I understand why.
    The best way to get into group are by making them yourself. You can then pick people and build your RIO score. I have friends with classes that's not considered "meta" and they have problems getting into 15+ despite having 2200 something score. Their class is just not wanted :P Most of the time, that is not causing a wipe/deplete, it's overpulling, mishandeling of trash, taking avoidable damage, blowing CDs wrongly etc. Picking a class over another is redundant in most chases if it's not super high keys like 25+ maybe. When you and those you play with have perfected their skills then class might matter, not before that. However, most players fail to see this which means we got to play it their way. Either by rolling a meta class or having very high score and ilvl.

TL;DR:
    Just play the game. Start slow and low if needed, work your way up.

Resistance gear was still a thing though. God lord, I spent so much time in Mara to get nature resistance... Was fun though
    To this day I remember farming FR gear to run MC. Almost 15 years ago... ugh, I feel old now. lol
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Athulua View Post
    I like that idea!