Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Nothing better to do I guess and if they get people they make gold.

You could just leave the channels since they're pointless cesspools that have no legitimate purpose anymore.
    This. I log into WoW and all I ever see are people discussing politics or other pointless shit that has nothing to do with the game. What the hell do they think they're in, Yahoo chat rooms? I don't even read the channels anymore and just look at the TV if I'm in a capital city waiting for a dungeon queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Shit, allow the spam. Have a way to put the gold price on there if you're offering boosts, as well as a way to filter them out or just look for a boost. Clearly people are paying for them. Have the money taken from the buying player, and given to the boosters when the dungeon is completed in time. Cross realm as well. Why not.
    Blizzard allows boosting, being seen to support it would be a PR nightmare. So its best to do what they always do, nothing and everyone gets the worst of both worlds.

Have you heard of this newest feature called /ignore ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Selling something in trading chat, the nerves of these guys!
    Also this.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    I logged onto retail for the first time in a while, the way boosting has become so prevalent is now actually paralyzing.

Why are there like 10 people advertising for the same boost group?

https://gyazo.com/278e1b11eb35bae40d12cf7c66a8c561
    this always happens more at the end as the content is easier and more people can boost,also more people advertise for the same group proly because they are giving people a cut based on how many they bring

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Have you heard of this newest feature called /ignore ?

Also this.
    Ignore has cap, did you look at the gif? he hit the cap in that
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I have your answer buddy. Download BadBoy and BadBoy_CCleaner.

type /badboy
    At the bottom of the window you'll see badboy ccleaner

with its default blocked words lol. Type in a portion of the message you want to block, or all of it. And you'll never see it in your chat again. It is better to block parts of what people are saying than to block people because they can always make a new account or have someone else say it but if you block the words themselves there's no getting around it.

I personally try and remove ALL sales ads from my chat, simply because I'm not going to buy or sell anything so I don't need to see it. So I've blocked

"w t b"
    "w t s"
    "w t t"
    "w.t.b"
    "w.t.s"
    "w.t.t"
    "wtb ["
    "wts"
    "wtt"

(without quotes) which removes a majority of the sellers from chat. Be careful with what you block though because it'll block any message containing the text, so I wouldn't block "selling" but you could block "selling heroic" "selling normal" "selling mythic". Though that's still going to block messages like "I hate all these people selling heroic carries".

Oh also there's BadBoy_Ignore to give you an infinite ignore list.
    Why not just leave trade chat? This effectively removes all trade chat, even when it's not from boosters and just players trying to sell an item or buy one...
    It's like leaving trade chat with extra steps.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    All my characters have a "No Trade" channel set up to avoid all the spam. It saddens me that so many people are ok with being a paying spectator, but hey, they get to hang out with Mythic mounts at the Great seal, so I suppose there's that.
    There are many players that watch people play the game on YouTube. Them paying for runs is like having front row seats of someone’s fav artist at a concert.

That’s my way of making sense of paying for runs.

Only time I would ever pay for a run is a mythic Mount that I really really really want but don’t have time to get.

Ahhh Boosting! Its the American way!

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    What are you planning to do on trade? The trade channel is mostly filled with boosts, selling dungeons or raids and guild recruitment. If you're not looking for that you will just be disappointed.
    You can't trade anything because it's filled, and I mean absolutely brim filled with boost advertisement.

I have your answer buddy. Download BadBoy and BadBoy_CCleaner.
    Yeah, but what if I actually want to use trade chat?

You can't trade anything because it's filled, and I mean absolutely brim filled with boost advertisement.
    *Gasps* You want to use the Trade Channel to Trade? Crazy.

What do you think this is? A social game of some sort? Here in World of Warcraft we perform all our transactions via the Auction House, where you never have to interact with other filthy humans in order to earn that shiny shiny gold.

Yeah, but what if I actually want to use trade chat?
    What do you mean? You pick what gets filtered out of your chat. You don't have to block anything you don't want blocked.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Well, there's your problem
    Classic is not better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Why not just leave trade chat?
    Because sometimes I want to chit chat

This effectively removes all trade chat, even when it's not from boosters and just players trying to sell an item or buy one...
    It's like leaving trade chat with extra steps.
    Yeah because

I'm not going to buy or sell anything so I don't need to see it.
    You don't have to do what I do just giving an example of what's possible to be done.
    My Collection

Because sometimes I want to chit chat
    But that's now what trade chat is for :|
    I get it, but... still.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Classic is not better.
    None of the wows would be because it's going to be the same player mindset just a different game. When ClassicBC comes out expect to see boosts there too.
    My Collection

The more boosters there are, the less regular players are able to get groups. I absolutely despise it. It's cheating. You're bribing people to play the game for you, accomplishing the same thing as if you gave away your account details to someone and had them get AOTC or high warlord or what have you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I get it, but... still.
    Tell Blizz to make a chit chat channel and I'll use that :P
    My Collection

Tell Blizz to make a chit chat channel and I'll use that :P
    Wouldn't that be general?

I get it, but... still.
    "Now"? That's what trade chat has always been for. Trading. Lol.

end of the expansion. No idea how long its been going on for but dont you think it sounds a little in-genuine to say that about retail when you do not play it. Sounds like you are throwing shade to me personally(this coming from someone who doesn't play retail myself).