Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    There is no indication of this.
    Spoken truely like someone with an alleria avatar.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Spoken truly like someone who didn't misinterpret the Three Sisters comic.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Being the original does not automatically mean you're the strongest. Why would you have this assumption?
    An important point. New things can be better, but older things can be the best too, it depends on what the narrative says and the creators do with it.

Typical example is night elf world -- pre sundering old is the best, current day is the dystopia that is a shadow of former things.

At least at this stage, because sometimes when a fall takes place everything is reduced to a worse state and until full recovery happens, old is better than new.

However new does have the chance to achieve everything in the past and surpass it, the narrative would tell when if that point comes. Depends on the setting and how long the tale is.

In the Wheel of Time, the golden age, the age of legends is like the kaldorei empire, the best era, but the current era is a fallen world getting back on its feet, after a catastrophic event, and duri g the story's setting, has not recovered anywhere near the past. Even though the Aes Sedai, the mage leadership, have made some new discoveries, theyve lost most of the knowledge and know how of the previous age. In time they may eventually re learn or rediscover the lost stuff, but the world is such a different place now, it's far quicker to discover lost things than rediscover everything that was around in a much better time...at least for the current time period

Varo isn't wrong though.

There is no indication of this.

Which means he feared the potential of the Void's corruptive influence.
    Yes indeed. The corrupting influence of the void is the thi g to fear the most perhaps, rather than its actual power.

You see if the light influences, it just leads to more life and light, but not the void - it's a living world, so life and light will generally be more valued in it even though void and death are needed

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Void needs Arcane to fulfill their desires.

- - - Updated - - -

Just as Life, Death was created by clashing energies of Light and Void. Shadowlands is a part of reality.
    I haven't been able to find information about the Shadowlands being created the same way the Twisting Nether was. The Light and Void created the physical universe but the Shadowlands exists outside of the physical universe akin to the Void.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    What do you mean? Shadow and Death are heavily connected forces.
    They are similar to each other but are not connected as they are drawn from completely different power sources. Death draws from the Shadowlands and Shadow draws from the Void.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Yes indeed. The corrupting influence of the void is the thi g to fear the most perhaps, rather than its actual power.

You see if the light influences, it just leads to more life and light, but not the void - it's a living world, so life and light will generally be more valued in it even though void and death are needed
    I believe Xavius even points this out, he says something like "The Nightmare has corrupted dragons, gods, and legends!", and the Emerald Nightmare was obviously part of the Void.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Thats why void fears death?
    The Void doesn't fear death. It merely views Death as a threat because the Void cannot corrupt creatures of Death such as undead. It's why the Scourge were eventually used as a replacement for living miners when mining for saronite. The Ebon Blade can also safely wield saronite because the Old God corruption that seeps from it doesn't affect them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I haven't been able to find information about the Shadowlands being created the same way the Twisting Nether was. The Light and Void created the physical universe but the Shadowlands exists outside of the physical universe akin to the Void.

- - - Updated - - -

They are similar to each other but are not connected as they are drawn from completely different power sources. Death draws from the Shadowlands and Shadow draws from the Void.
    Aight. I see what you're saying now. You're right.

I believe Xavius even points this out, he says something like "The Nightmare has corrupted dragons, gods, and legends!", and the Emerald Nightmare was obviously part of the Void.
    Eh...the Emerald Nightmare wasn't part of the Void, it was just the name given to portions of the Emerald Dream that had been corrupted by N'Zoth and Yogg'Saron.

Eh...the Emerald Nightmare wasn't part of the Void, it was just the name given to portions of the Emerald Dream that had been corrupted by N'Zoth and Yogg'Saron.
    Yes, which means it falls under the Void faction, since the Old Gods are Void creatures.

You could argue it was Void. The same way some Legion planets were once considered to be planets of "Arcane and Order", but got twisted by the Legion and the fel, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention the EN consists of Void beings, Void creatures, and whatnot. Even when the Dream came back in Legion, there was still a remnant of the Void (Though, the Emerald Dream is considered to be "life" post Xavius death), which expanded during BFA rather quickly.

You could argue it was Void. The same way some Legion planets were once considered to be planets of "Arcane and Order", but got twisted by the Legion and the fel, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention the EN consists of Void beings, Void creatures, and whatnot. Even when the Dream came back in Legion, there was still a remnant of the Void (Though, the Emerald Dream is considered to be "life" post Xavius death), which expanded during BFA rather quickly.
    Well, yeah of course there are going to be Void creatures there as the Nightmare is sections of the Dream that are saturated in Void energy. It's sort of like how the area around the Firelands raid was morphed by the elemental plane but is still entirely part of Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, which means it falls under the Void faction, since the Old Gods are Void creatures.
    I wasn't arguing that it's not a faction of the Void, merely that the Nightmare isn't PART of the Void.

Well, yeah of course there are going to be Void creatures there as the Nightmare is sections of the Dream that are saturated in Void energy. It's sort of like how the area around the Firelands raid was morphed by the elemental plane but is still entirely part of Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't arguing that it's not a faction of the Void, merely that the Nightmare isn't PART of the Void.
    Okay, but you're not changing anything. If a mere minion of the Old Gods was so corruptive that even gods fell before him, imagine how corruptive the masters of the Old Gods must be. That's the point.

Actually you don't need to imagine anyway, we know for a fact that the Void Lords' corruption could consume the entire cosmos.

Which is meaningless. The Void itself isn't the issue, the beings that dwell in it are.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which is meaningless. The Void itself isn't the issue, the beings that dwell in it are.
    I mean, duh. Even a nuclear bomb is meaningless if there aren't any people around to use it. I don't see the point in remarking this.

So, did you somehow forget the fact that Jaina, Gul'dan, and Khadgar existed? Or? Cause all 3 of them are more powerful than most people in those respective classes and specs.
    I don't consider Jaina strong, at the broken shore she only made an ice bridge and then varian got killed. She didn't do squat even though she has the second most powerful staff in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Void manifests as Shadow, you mean
    Open cosmology and see

- - - Updated - - -

The Void doesn't fear death. It merely views Death as a threat because the Void cannot corrupt creatures of Death such as undead. It's why the Scourge were eventually used as a replacement for living miners when mining for saronite. The Ebon Blade can also safely wield saronite because the Old God corruption that seeps from it doesn't affect them at all.
    Enough. Write. This. Nonsense. Yogg-Saron could not subdue the Scourge because the voice of the Lich King drowned out the whispers of Yogg-Saron. Free undead never demonstrated immunity to the forces of the Void.

Light and Void are the initial forces of creation in the WoW universe, all the other forces are created from both clashing.

The light is just as bad as the void which we will soon find out I am guessing, and not in a good way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Foundational elements of the universe does not inherently make them the strongest elements of the universe, but given where the story is going (and how it has been told up through Legion) it would seem that the Light and Void are being positioned as the most important "cosmic forces" in the universe.

They very well may end up being the most powerful.