Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    do you find something funny about the rape of nanking? go sit in the corner and think about the drivel you just posted.
    Where was a joke about Nanking in this? If you have paid attention to my posting history on Japan and ww2 and my scalding criticism of their government for the lack of admission for their war crimes against the rest of Asia, you would see that I take that issue rather seriously.

As I take this virus rather seriously.

The parallel was this:

Japan once made a game of beheading people, tallying them up.

Republicans seem to be engaging in the similar atrocities, but with corona virus How high can the numbers go, no body knows! Let's find out!

If you think that is a joke about Nanking you need help on your comprehension, you need to understand context, you should also understand my own posting history on this particular issue

Now let's see what have I said on this issue before...

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You mean the anti Japanese propaganda against Japanese people because the whole world is racist against Japanese people Nanking?

Sarcasm by the way. That also was a literal stance of the Japanese government for decades. Never mind the literal newspaper articles Tokyo’s newspaper ran of the be[h]eading contest. Japan was so cruel you had nazis in China rescuing Chinese people.
    The Rohingya people are essentially stateless people who don't have citizenship in Myanmar despite having lived there for hundreds of years. They're just another ethnic group in Myanmar being at this point exterminated. Raped women, burned children and men. Torture and so on, it is honestly no different from the Rape of Nanking.

What's most shocking to me is the behavior of Bangladesh. While initially they had open borders to accept them, they've started to register them, in exchange for aid and send them back to a place where they have no citizenship or rights and are systemically being eradicated. They keep them all within one camp and they aren't allowed much access to the rest of the country, which is fair, but what is the goal? To just send them back? That's like sending Jews who escaped Germany, back into Germany. To make matters worse Myanmar started building concentration camps.
    History never happened in Japan. All the bad things were just western racist propaganda. Like Nanking, according to Japan.
    this was an official government stance, unclear if it still is, but it was at least until 2010

My response to Nanking being called overblown, where I say perhaps it is overblown becuase they did it to every city and town and village on the way to Nanking and every place after
    You know what... Nanking is overblown. I mean yes what happened there was terrible, and yes the Japanese killed, raped, tortured, played with hundreds of thousands of people in Nanking, but at the end of the day Nanking was just one of the many towns, cities, villages, that the Japanese did this to. Unfortunately we forget about that because they killed so many in Nanking, but along their way to Nanking they did the same as they did in Nanking and after Nanking they still did the same, and in other countries, they did it all over. So yes Nanking is perhaps overblown in the sense that we sometimes forget the extent of Japanese cruelty during this time.
    My post on this matter go on and on over the years. I often have brought up comfort women as well noting the historical issues between Korea and China when it comes to that particular matter. I have brought up the forced servitude of Koreans, and the stealing of heritage.

So I do take this topic very seriously, saying what I did about republicans is not a joke about Nanking. Because Nanking is so horrible and led to so many deaths, and was thought of lightly by the Japanese and made into a game My comparing the republicans treating the over 100k dead and potentially thousands more because they refuse to accept reality, it seems they're making something akin to the sick morbid game The Japanese had in ww2 which they then denied despite historical papers from their own newspapers showing this to be fact.

It is clear to any who bothered to think, and read, and digest what I said. You see that I am calling republicans who pretend this isn't a big deal, and are making light of it, as treating it as some sort of trivial game. except it Is a game that is killing thousands upon thousands of people. That is the similarity between the two, making a grave matter trivial, while thousands die. There was not a joke, but you can choose to wrap yourself in folly if you wish.

I mean is this clear enough for you now? Are you done faking your outrage over something you don't give two shits about? Are you done searching for your "gotcha", you've failed.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-06-23 at 05:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is cute:

Warning to workers when leaving the country.

With the resurgence of coronavirus infections, the expected tightening of re-entry measures and the very likely reintroduction of quarantine for persons arriving from countries subject to restricted arrivals due to the deteriorating epidemiological situation, as well as from Italy, Serbia and Montenegro. mountains, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Northern Macedonia and Albania, we warn you that (even during the use of annual leave) you are not leaving the Republic of Slovenia.

If you leave the country, you will do so at your own risk.

In the event that you do not return to work on time due to the introduction of quarantine or the closure of borders, we will consider your absence as a serious breach of work and contractual obligations, which may result in the extraordinary termination of your employment contract. "

....this is so gona backfire into companys.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Body remembers information on virus. Once some cell hits a virus and sends information, body will start production of them.
    If white blood cell fails, a body will send Cytotoxic T cell.
    Think the concern is that those people become asymptomatic carriers for the disease in the meantime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    In the event that you do not return to work on time due to the introduction of quarantine or the closure of borders, we will consider your absence as a serious breach of work and contractual obligations, which may result in the extraordinary termination of your employment contract. "

....this is so gona backfire into companys.
    Not really. Our School got a similar statement from the government today.
    While they can't tell you not to go on a vacation directly, they basically tell you not to do so between the lines.

Caused quite a few chuckles and worries, since some people had already booked trips.
    Catchy, releasing something 3 days before the holidays start. <_<

Maybe for blue states over time, but your guy, and the sycophants who follow him in the government are going to killing many thousands more:

Let's see how this virus plays across party lines, and let's see how the big evil blue leftist radicals are doing:

now let's throw in ny,nj,ct compared to the rest.
    I would love to see a county by county I bet the results would be even worse for trumpbots.

A lot of work on the dataside tho for that
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Gotta say, embarrassing people who don't wear masks or wear their masks beneath their nose has been enjoyable. I usually carry around some gum/mints just in case and it's come in handy, I frequently off it to people who wear masks improperly in case they're worried about their stanky ass breath because they don't brush their teeth.

And surprisingly, it's worked! Who knew all you had to do was bribe them with a sweetie and publicly shame them a bit for bad oral hygiene.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if this is Nature's way of telling us, that Right-Wing Authoritarian governments are bad?

Is this a Darwin moment?
    Government Affiliated Snark

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    What if this is Nature's way of telling us, that Right-Wing Authoritarian governments are bad?

Is this a Darwin moment?
    Maybe.

Or maybe it's telling that federal republics suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If you were going to travel this week you probably shouldn’t have a job to begin with... This shit isn’t over by a long shot. We can all deal with one summer where we stay close to home.
    I never travel, since I dislike it. Being in a foreign environment is too stressful for enjoyment.
    But I understand people that want to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I understand wanting to, planning to is just stupid.
    No argument from me, though do keep it in mind this also applies to vacations inside your own country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    I would love to see a county by county I bet the results would be even worse for trumpbots.

A lot of work on the dataside tho for that
    No, the data is there. I know of at least one Trump county that has a lot more cases now than it had in March.

Same county open lies about the number of cases it has too so...could be even worse.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Maybe.

Or maybe it's telling that federal republics suck.
    Germany is also a federal republic though ^^"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    And Norway has a right wing government. 200 deaths

Sweden has the social democrats. 5000 deaths

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Governments represent their people. It shows that people in specific countries have higher moron/person ratio than others. Governments that they elect simply reflect that too.
    So you are saying the Brazil and the US are countries of morons. Well and India too, but they seem to lag the top two by quite a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Portugal the renewall of the state of calamity is going to be voted by the council of ministers, and there is already some people claiming that it will be lifted except on these parishes, where most new cases are concentrated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Yeah, and the main issues Germany has faced in this crisis are linked to its federalism and individual states rights for doing whatever the fuck they want.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yeah, and the main issues Germany has faced in this crisis are linked to its federalism and individual states rights for doing whatever the fuck they want.
    Yep, I never understood the point behind states getting so much leeway in designing policy.
    I've never met a person that thinks of it as "Schleswig-Heolsteiner" or "Saxon" instead of "German".

Bavarians excluded, those guys were always ... special snowflakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgjelme View Post
    And Norway has a right wing government. 200 deaths

Sweden has the social democrats. 5000 deaths
    Norway isn't remotely a right wing government compared to the US or Brazil, and certainly isn't authoritarian. Governments run by extremists is the real issue. Extremists tend to be more passionate and thus less rational, and in a crisis rationality wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    Instagram and Public Health Agency of Sweden being creepy as fuck. Get a sponsored ad from Public Health Agency of Sweden. In thai. How the fuck do they know?
    Because Instagram knows, and is built on delivering targeted ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    So you are saying the Brazil and the US are countries of morons. Well and India too, but they seem to lag the top two by quite a bit.
    India is an impoverished densely populated country. It was always going to get hit very hard.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death