Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    That’s realistic. Martians could invade earth today and we beat them together, but that wouldn’t stop future conflicts here would it? It would probably push and enhance it
    It would push real-life humans together further. We have a common "enemy" other than each other to worry about.

Why do we have Orcs, trolls, and zombies in video games? So we as humans have something that is not human to fight against.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde and alliance should exist on some front (as why do we have borders between nations now)

But, the actual story for the reasoning is garbage. Pretty sure after a global threat from an invasive species, our world would unite, as should azeroth... but nope cause reasons.

At this point it should be down to standard reasoning in basic clashing of ideologies. Sadly, its always that the horde is the bad guys. Alliance can do no wrong with anduine. Thats literally what it boils down to.

If they had kept garrosh as a proper gray area character (stonetalon storyline) it would have been fine, but they made him a racist and a villian for a long drawn out story that would have been easier told in rts format

I want Wargames pvp, horde vs horde and ally vs ally!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

More what I think is that, as we've seen in Vanilla/Classic, the world is actually much more interesting when you have a *bunch* of competing factions. I've said for a while now that the "world" of Warcraft is actually super fucking boring now, because there are literally only two factions on the entire planet now; Horde and Alliance. In Vanilla, though, you had all SORTS of factions running about; some more serious than others. Defias Brotherood, Cult of the Damned, Bloodsail Buccaneers -- those all spiced the world up, and made it feel much more robust and lived-in.

To that end, I used to always see our characters as "adventurers", largely outside the scope of either faction. Not to say we were ever "neutral", but rather, our motivations were our own. The faction divide existed, sure, but in my mind it was more than "the Horde and Alliance exist, you're naturally going to been seen as guilty by association by the other side".

Not saying it was designed that way, but honestly, I just think that's a better approach. Especially with us going into the Shadowlands, it makes sense our characters might distance themselves from "trivial things" like faction divides. The factions would still exist, of course, but as players and renowned people of legend, it makes more sense we would operate beyond either the Horde or the Alliance. We are our own people, not soldiers.

That way, you can still maintain the same overall structure, but offer the flexibility of playing with who you want to for end-game content.

Yes please, the traitor faction corpse camped in FFA PvP even in sanctuary cities by both factions

They should do Cross faction LFG and LFR to make a larger pool of players to pluck from to shorten waiting times, just cosmetically have the others appear as the same faction as you for those wanting to retain immersion.

What do i own the horde if they cant be bothered to even give me free beer after saving the world about 17 times?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Nothing prevents them from still having a faction conflict while letting people raid x-faction. Our characters are individuals who can choose to help or murder anyone. Why would a horde only be able to fight a human? Our characters are the freaking center of attention and we have both helped the other sida and murdered them. We're not faction loyal to begin with, we're just loyal to ourself.

How many times havn't my bloodelf helped a bunch of Gnomes, Humans, Nightelfs? Sometimes even hid alliance characters from the horde. The faction war is fine, the inability to choose whom to play with, regardless of faction is not fine though.

Would also be lovely if players could be hostile/neutral to anyone not in their party meaning anyone could attack them
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

I don't want anything to do with the wasntme Horde.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warmode off
    Warmode on
    Lovemode on (can visit enemy capitals and play with the other faction)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere886 View Post
    This is the best contribute to the conversation.
    i want my dk murloc, right now ! ((