Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    "Don't hate the player, hate the game".

The Vanilla Honor system is pretty much the most broken system this game has ever seen.

And now you're just trying to brandmark them with some "evil" political terms.

Like, what? Fascist communism? A term that's one massive contradiction.
    Both are form of a authoritian goverment, but that's about it.

And people that seriously argue against this "coordination" have not seen what people have been doing if everybody just goes full wild west on the caps without any coordination.

Want to know how that ended for me earlier this year?
    I missed R10 by one week (was missing 10%) as i was grinding over course of Christmas holidays last year.
    Why did i miss it? I had to back to work and couldn't keep up with people that were no life'ing it.

Now, after the most tryhard bunch people are done and you have set up coordinated caps, it's actually possible for me to Rank (altough not R14) without actually quitting my job.
    If you aren't able to rank up more then maybe you just don't deserve the rank? If someone wants to no life it and get ahead then that is their choice. If you don't want to no-life it, then be satisfied with whatever rank you get. It just screams entitlement. "I deserve this rank because I grew up with everyone getting a trophy!" The system isn't fair because it encourages unhealthy habits and quitting your job? Well yeah, it's classic.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-06-23 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If you aren't able to rank up more then maybe you just don't deserve the rank? If someone wants to no life it and get ahead then that is their choice. If you don't want to no-life it, then be satisfied with whatever rank you get. It just screams entitlement. "I deserve this rank because I grew up with everyone getting a trophy!"
    Except in this case, the people are purposefully leaving the bracket low which is beneficial for everyone, and the response to a bracket breaker is merely to raise the bracket. The only punishment for the bracket breaker is them being blacklisted from the premade, and if having the choice of who you want to group with is a problem for you, I feel like most everything in WoW would be a problem for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

If you aren't able to rank up more then maybe you just don't deserve the rank?
    We're talking here about R10, to get the fucking blue armor, not R14 Weapons that last you into Naxx in some cases.
    It just screams entitlement.
    Defending people that only reach high caps because the brackets are kept artificially low, but then call me entitled because i couldn't play 12h/day for the full blue set.

Yep, that's how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    Except in this case, the people are purposefully leaving the bracket low which is beneficial for everyone, and the response to a bracket breaker is merely to raise the bracket. The only punishment for the bracket breaker is them being blacklisted from the premade, and if having the choice of who you want to group with is a problem for you, I feel like most everything in WoW would be a problem for you.
    Sorry, I just don't get how a PVP system based on competitiveness is now basically controlled by some communist party determining who can or can't get better rewards. Sorry, I guess I just don't understand because I grew up with freedom in the Great United States of America.

Sorry, I just don't get how a PVP system based on competitiveness is now basically controlled by some communist party determining who can or can't get better rewards. Sorry, I guess I just don't understand because I grew up with freedom in the Great United States of America.
    This post is almost meme worthy.

You're not even worth our time anymore at this point.

Sorry, I just don't get how a PVP system based on competitiveness is now basically controlled by some communist party determining who can or can't get better rewards. Sorry, I guess I just don't understand because I grew up in the United States of America.
    The reasoning your conclusions are based on are flawed. The people in the highest brackets are the people who are capable of getting the most honor per hour. All that's being done is a group getting 500,000 honor stopping for the week, seeing that someone else got 500,000 and instead getting to 600,000. You're not actually explaining what is wrong here, just drawing conclusions from thin air.
    You're allowed to have an opinion, but it's weak and uneducated, you're doing nothing to actually defend why you're calling it what you're calling it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MeNotCaring View Post
    The sheer amount of entitlement from both sides is amazing.
    I don't even see what the entitlement is. The premade that is capable of getting more honor a week than anyone else decides what the brackets are set at. It's as simple as that. Telling people that break it that they won't play with them is hardly exceptional behavior.
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

The reasoning your conclusions are based on are flawed. The people in the highest brackets are the people who are capable of getting the most honor per hour. All that's being done is a group getting 500,000 honor stopping for the week, seeing that someone else got 500,000 and instead getting to 600,000. You're not actually explaining what is wrong here, just drawing conclusions from thin air.
    You're allowed to have an opinion, but it's weak and uneducated, you're doing nothing to actually defend why you're calling it what you're calling it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't even see what the entitlement is. The premade that is capable of getting more honor a week than anyone else decides what the brackets are set at. It's as simple as that. Telling people that break it that they won't play with them is hardly exceptional behavior.
    That premade isn't "capable of getting more honor a week than anyone else" if someone else actually gets more than them. That premade just needs to git gud and play more if they want to rank up. Sometimes you get it and sometimes you get got. If you don't want to play with the person that beats you in a game then that's fine. But putting people on some blacklist that gets spread throughout the entire server is just toxic. There is no reason why a group can't push to higher limits just because YOU don't want to match their efforts.

Sorry, I thought classic MMO's were all about who could no-life the game more than others.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-06-23 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    they literally cant "make" anyone do anything stop acting like they can
    Sure they cant force someone to transfer server. But Telling someone: "Stop or we will make you Transfer server", no matter if they can follow through is a Threat and Harassment.

Stop acting like Harassing people is not harassment.

Welcome to Vanilla PvP. Your friend is just slowing everyone else progression and he will get nowhere. No wonder they are pissed.

Just go raid, get god-tier one hit gear, queue and one hit noobies in green gear, laugh and logout.

That premade isn't "capable of getting more honor a week than anyone else" if someone else actually gets more than them. That premade just needs to git gud and play more if they want to rank up. Sometimes you get it and sometimes you get got. If you don't want to play with the person that beats you in a game then that's fine. But putting people on some blacklist that gets spread throughout the entire server is just toxic. There is no reason why a group can't push to higher limits just because YOU don't want to match their efforts.

Sorry, I thought classic MMO's were all about who could no-life the game more than others.
    But they purposefully leave it low and increase it only as other people get close. You are speaking as if they cannot and do not raise it higher when they need to which shows that you do not understand the system. You are wrong in speaking as if they could not get it higher.
    You should really read the thread since you do not seem to understand how this works. Specifically,
    Except that brackets are purposefully left low because the community is willing to cooperate and they could easily raise it to a level that a solo queuer would never feasibly reach if they so choose. Yeah, pretty elitist of them to work in a way that allows people who don't do premades to still have a decent standing for the week.
    What bad news? Organized PvPers objectively have greater HpH potential than someone queueing solo. Brackets are controlled by those organized pvpers and are purposefully left low to make it easier for them. Someone like OP's friend only encourages them to make the brackets higher, which only hurts the other people solo queueing by making their own brackets lower.
    I'm not sure what this attitude is of looking down on these organized pvpers like this is ruining them when it has a far more harmful effect on everyone pvping that isn't in that group including OP's friend. The consequence for those in premades is far lower than for literally everyone else as it is those same people who decide what the brackets are in the first place.
    Bracket breaking is only a thing as soon as the bracket is initially broken. All it means is that others will immediately respond by raising it too much higher levels. Brackets are purposefully left at a reasonable level so all it does is encourage the people monitoring them to purposefully push them further and further out of reach of people playing solo.
    Brackets are left low only because it is beneficial to everyone on the server to do so. The people setting the brackets can set them far higher, it just makes no sense to arbitrarily raise it super high. When ever some one does break the brackets though, they do exactly that.
    Which again returns us to your only remaining problem which is organized pvpers blacklisting people that break brackets. All that means is that organized pvpers won't play with bracket breakers, which they are allowed to do and does not prevent bracket breakers from engaging in pvp.
    Last edited by Dequanacus; 2020-06-23 at 09:48 PM.
    Enjoy.

You're right, that's why guilds and parties/raids are bannable offenses. Literally people choosing who gets to come and who doesn't. Makes me sick.
    We are talking about pvp. It is not the same thing. When you literally decide who gets to rank on a server over anyone else. It is a breaking of the rules. You are prohibiting them from playimg the game.

Guilds, parties and raids can not even be considered the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    When you literally decide who gets to rank on a server over anyone else.
    They're not preventing you from playing PvP, but if you decide with to fuck around with the brackets, they simply raise the cap to a point where you can longer compete with their pre mades.

In other words, they simply start to outplay you, fair and square.

You're free to set up your own pre made group and attempt to Rank against them, but any sane person will drop that quickly because it will lead to heavy burnout for nothing because you're just artificially creating competition.

You can keep Ree'ing at this like any other person who clearly has no real understanding of this system, but that's the reality, they make more honor than you, thus they will rank and you will not, that's how the system is designed.

This story sounds fishy. THe title implies there was naming and shaming but in the first post we just see someone sent the guy a mean whisper. Also it's a very unlikely thing that one guy is solo queing and beating premades for honor, but if that's the case, the guy really doesn't have a problem either way, as he wasn't playing with the premades in the first place. Just a weird and fishy sounding story.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    We are talking about pvp. It is not the same thing. When you literally decide who gets to rank on a server over anyone else. It is a breaking of the rules. You are prohibiting them from playimg the game.

Guilds, parties and raids can not even be considered the same thing.
    The people who get the most honor are the ones who get to rank. If you want to be the one with the most honor, find a group. It's naturally selective. All these groups can do is choose not to play with you.
    You might as well get upset about ninjaing an item and nobody brings you to raid. Yeah, the guilds are deciding who gets to experience raid content by choosing not to bring you. Nobody can actually explain the difference. Everyone in this thread has given up when actually confronted with reasoning.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    You're not gonna get a good bracket spot as a low rank on a busy server, show some dedication to the grind first. Once you show you're serious around rank 10 you can ask for a higher cap.

You can break the cap individually and maybe you can snatch a top bracket spot last minute for one whole week but after that you'll never get the honor per hour to keep up with the top premades who will push you out of "their" brackets and set caps higher than you can reach on your own if you played 24/7 the whole week. And it'll be impossible for you to get into one of those good premades because you're a breaker and shunned by the rest of the community.

That's pretty much the system that's set up right now on some servers and there's nothing you can do about it.
    TBQH this is how it worked on the server I was on in vanilla. There was a planned rotation of who would get HWL and on what week, and people who tried to brute force their way in were basically blacklisted from premades. Occasionally stuff didn't go to plan, either because of typical drama or IRL issues keeping honor up that week, but for the most part it was a neatly organized machine.

Youre right, you dont understand. PvP is the competition. Ranks are the rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwhat View Post
    I get your points, but if a person enjoys PVP and someone tells him that he can't or you're being banned from the discord,community and named shamed on the realm, and that gives someone power over that person, in a game that you can pretty much do what you want. Blizzard needs to clump down the cliques and introduce measures to not let this happen. oh and my friend is going for rank 8-10 nothing else
    Screenshot it and make a report. Let blizz actually handle it instead of wasting time here.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    Welcome to Vanilla PvP. Your friend is just slowing everyone else progression and he will get nowhere. No wonder they are pissed.

Just go raid, get god-tier one hit gear, queue and one hit noobies in green gear, laugh and logout.
    imagine thinking you need hit gear for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    imagine thinking you need hit gear for pvp
    Think you mis-read that one champ.

"get god-tier one hit gear" as in gear up in raids and then 3 minute mage or MS warrior or whatever your way through BG's laughing at the undergeared people is what they meant.