Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    What do you mean? You pick what gets filtered out of your chat. You don't have to block anything you don't want blocked.
    No one else can see what I am buying or selling if there's, quite literally 40+ people spamming full paragraphed advertisements.

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    end of the expansion. No idea how long its been going on for but dont you think it sounds a little in-genuine to say that about retail when you do not play it. Sounds like you are throwing shade to me personally(this coming from someone who doesn't play retail myself).
    I'm not trying to throw shade, but it impedes my gameplay and in consequence my interest in retail if things like this block me from enjoying the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The more boosters there are, the less regular players are able to get groups. I absolutely despise it. It's cheating. You're bribing people to play the game for you, accomplishing the same thing as if you gave away your account details to someone and had them get AOTC or high warlord or what have you.
    Nice opinion. Maybe work on not presenting it as if its fact, when its absolutely not fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    "Now"? That's what trade chat has always been for. Trading. Lol.
    not*

/1010
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Nice opinion. Maybe work on not presenting it as if its fact, when its absolutely not fact.
    Please, go on and explain how bribing people to play the game for you isn't the same as bribing people to play the game for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Please, go on and explain how bribing people to play the game for you isn't the same as bribing people to play the game for you.
    Do you think you're going to convince anyone who disagrees with you? What's the point? I mean it is cute how you use a word with negative connotations repeatedly while ignoring what it is that makes a bribe a bribe instead of just a payment for services rendered. But yeah, sure buddy, it's cheating, just like when you buy a flask off the AH or pay for repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Do you think you're going to convince anyone who disagrees with you? What's the point? I mean it is cute how you use a word with negative connotations repeatedly while ignoring what it is that makes a bribe a bribe instead of just a payment for services rendered. But yeah, sure buddy, it's cheating, just like when you buy a flask off the AH or pay for repairs.
    I can see where you're trying to take that but it still doesn't work. There is in fact a distinction between spending money for a convenience and spending money to cheat a competition/challenge. No one bats an eye when you order pizza delivered to your house, but they would if you paid someone to carry you on their back and give you the olympic medals at the end.

Pre-emptively covering this, I also think gear with extremely powerful BiS corruptions being BoE and sellable on the auction house for world first races was also a terrible idea.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-06-23 at 05:25 PM.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I can see where you're trying to take that but it still doesn't work. There is in fact a distinction between spending money for a convenience and spending money to cheat a competition/challenge. No one bats an eye when you order pizza delivered to your house, but they would if you paid someone to carry you on their back and give you the olympic medals at the end.

Pre-emptively covering this, I also think gear with extremely powerful BiS corruptions being BoE and sellable on the auction house for world first races was also a terrible idea.
    You can repeatedly call something cheating. It does not make it so. You have done absolutely nothing to argue for why it should be considered cheating, you just say it is over and over. Really stupid take IMO.

edit: And btw, terrible fucking analogy. If you are carried for an Olympic medal it is cheating because that would be against the fucking rules. It's not cheating because some rando internet guy says it is. Look at the definition of the fucking word.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's near the end of the expansion and for the most part, 8.3 is over. We're all just waiting for the pre-patch/SL at this point and most guilds/players are prepping for SL by saving up gold.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Wouldn't that be general?
    General is only zone wide tell Blizz to make general city wide and I'll /leave Trade lol

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    No one else can see what I am buying or selling if there's, quite literally 40+ people spamming full paragraphed advertisements.
    I understand what you mean and in that regard something should be done on Blizzards end, trade for items and trade for services ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ In the meantime you just gotta hope your potential buyers have BadBoy too lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

General is only zone wide tell Blizz to make general city wide and I'll /leave Trade lol
    Amen to that!
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    You can repeatedly call something cheating. It does not make it so. You have done absolutely nothing to argue for why it should be considered cheating, you just say it is over and over. Really stupid take IMO.

edit: And btw, terrible fucking analogy. If you are carried for an Olympic medal it is cheating because that would be against the fucking rules. It's not cheating because some rando internet guy says it is. Look at the definition of the fucking word.
    Is not the purpose of an olympic medal the exact same as an AOTC mount? To show it off as a trophy to say "yes, I did this! Myself! Not someone else doing it for me and handing me the trophy, that would defeat the purpose!"

It devalues the accomplishment to worthlessness, clutters the groupfinding/trade chat tools,, and deminishes the number of normal groups available for players who actually want to participate in the game as it was intended.

I've seen the extent of this process in RuneScape with dungeoneering. It got so choked by leech groups that eventually there was no one left to play legitimately with, causing people to lose interest, causing it to no longer be profitable so eventually the leechers left too, and it died. They eventually resorted to adding alternate ways to train the skill.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-06-23 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I should get one of those addons to blacklist people cause anyone involved with boosting (whether its buying or selling) is an ape I want to avoid.
    Badboy addon. Some reason it affects one character but when log onto an alt doesn't apply the same rules.

3+ Year Old Account
    I wish there was an option to have trade chat turned off as an account wide feature, instead of having to make sure you remember turn it off as soon as you get into a capital city for the first time, lest you get bombarded by spam.

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    I wish there was an option to have trade chat turned off as an account wide feature, instead of having to make sure you remember turn it off as soon as you get into a capital city for the first time, lest you get bombarded by spam.
    Automatically? hmm, I'm thinking you could probably setup a symlink to a chat file, say your mains chat file, so whenever you make changes they are automagically set for your alts. I think Prat can also save chat settings and if it has profiles then you could put all your characters on the same profile and make changes to get the same effect. I personally just make my changes to whatever character I'm on then logout and copy that characters chat file to a directory where I keep my wow scripts then run a batch file containing

replace chat-cache.txt "C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\_retail_\WTF\Account" /s

which replaces all the chat-cache files in all the directories with the one in the folder where the batch file is, but that isn't automatic lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Is not the purpose of an olympic medal the exact same as an AOTC mount? To show it off as a trophy to say "yes, I did this! Myself! Not someone else doing it for me and handing me the trophy, that would defeat the purpose!"

It devalues the accomplishment to worthlessness, clutters the groupfinding/trade chat tools,, and deminishes the number of normal groups available for players who actually want to participate in the game as it was intended.

I've seen the extent of this process in RuneScape with dungeoneering. It got so choked by leech groups that eventually there was no one left to play legitimately with, causing people to lose interest, causing it to no longer be profitable so eventually the leechers left too, and it died. They eventually resorted to adding alternate ways to train the skill.
    No, the point of an Olympic medal is to showcase that you're the best in the world at what you just won it for. No one is selling world first mythic kills to random spectators.

Also pls keep buying mythic boosts I need money for SL

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Do you know your grandfather died in MMOW II so you would be free to spam [anal]? Kids these days...
    People should remember the real heroes of our past, that ensured that the following generations could pretend to be heroes in games.

If someone buys someones gold medal from a pawn shop, does it hold the same prestige?

I have your answer buddy. Download BadBoy and BadBoy_CCleaner.

type /badboy
    At the bottom of the window you'll see badboy ccleaner

with its default blocked words lol. Type in a portion of the message you want to block, or all of it. And you'll never see it in your chat again. It is better to block parts of what people are saying than to block people because they can always make a new account or have someone else say it but if you block the words themselves there's no getting around it.

I personally try and remove ALL sales ads from my chat, simply because I'm not going to buy or sell anything so I don't need to see it. So I've blocked

"w t b"
    "w t s"
    "w t t"
    "w.t.b"
    "w.t.s"
    "w.t.t"
    "wtb ["
    "wts"
    "wtt"

(without quotes) which removes a majority of the sellers from chat. Be careful with what you block though because it'll block any message containing the text, so I wouldn't block "selling" but you could block "selling heroic" "selling normal" "selling mythic". Though that's still going to block messages like "I hate all these people selling heroic carries".

Oh also there's BadBoy_Ignore to give you an infinite ignore list.
    My guy, you have sales ads blocked in Trade chat? Like, yeah. I get the people selling runs is bad but uh... is your /2 just a meme repository for people linking Thunderfury and trying to trigger other people by parroting sensationalist alt-right bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    I logged onto retail for the first time in a while, the way boosting has become so prevalent is now actually paralyzing.

Why are there like 10 people advertising for the same boost group?

https://gyazo.com/278e1b11eb35bae40d12cf7c66a8c561
    What has fostered and created this cesspool.....

Oh that's right. Blizzard literally selling gold via the token.

Now anyone can buy literally anything they want. From titles to mounts to gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    This doesn't happen on my server. At best, I see people posting in the group finder to sell M+ runs which really doesn't bother me.
    you should report them, thats against the rules.
    trade chat is for boosting, and there is communities for it
    LFG is for normal runs, not advertising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good