Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    You're not gonna get a good bracket spot as a low rank on a busy server, show some dedication to the grind first. Once you show you're serious around rank 10 you can ask for a higher cap.

You can break the cap individually and maybe you can snatch a top bracket spot last minute for one whole week but after that you'll never get the honor per hour to keep up with the top premades who will push you out of "their" brackets and set caps higher than you can reach on your own if you played 24/7 the whole week. And it'll be impossible for you to get into one of those good premades because you're a breaker and shunned by the rest of the community.

That's pretty much the system that's set up right now on some servers and there's nothing you can do about it.
    That... sounds completely and utterly awful. I knew that the PvP system of vanilla was garbage, but this kind of organized win trading /mafia business bullshit is completely silly and would kill my enjoyment of the game if I didn't detest PvP anyway. Like you're fighting your own faction more than the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    That... sounds completely and utterly awful. I knew that the PvP system of vanilla was garbage, but this kind of organized win trading /mafia business bullshit is completely silly and would kill my enjoyment of the game if I didn't detest PvP anyway. Like you're fighting your own faction more than the enemy.
    Its not win-trading lol and most people willing co-operate.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Its not win-trading lol and most people willing co-operate.
    Technically speaking it's not win-trading, perhaps, but in spirit it's the same thing, just within your faction; you decide who gets the points and who doesn't in advance to game the system. And people cooperate because, as seen, not doing it makes you a pariah and fucks everyone. Hence me saying the system is shit for forcing such behavior in the first place; I don't hate the players, I hate the game in this case.

Technically speaking it's not win-trading, perhaps, but in spirit it's the same thing, just within your faction; you decide who gets the points and who doesn't in advance to game the system. And people cooperate because, as seen, not doing it makes you a pariah and fucks everyone. Hence me saying the system is shit for forcing such behavior in the first place; I don't hate the players, I hate the game in this case.
    Just stop. Its not at all the same, not even in spirit. You have a community of players working together towards similar goals. Thats win-trading "in spirit"?

Technically speaking it's not win-trading, perhaps, but in spirit it's the same thing, just within your faction; you decide who gets the points and who doesn't in advance to game the system. And people cooperate because, as seen, not doing it makes you a pariah and fucks everyone.
    How dare people cooperate to avoid ranking requirements of 20 hours a day spent in bgs and queues for multiple months.

Hence me saying the system is shit for forcing such behavior in the first place; I don't hate the players, I hate the game in this case.
    If the system is shit then don't call people out for trying to make it less shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    How dare people cooperate to avoid ranking requirements of 20 hours a day spent in bgs and queues for multiple months.

If the system is shit then don't call people out for trying to make it less shit?
    I... don't? You literally quoted me saying the system is bad, not the players. Players shouldn't have to go out of their way and police themselves and each other in order to make the rewards reachable by normal human beings who don't live in front of their PCs.

Now, it was part of vanilla, so it should be part of Classic. #nochanges and all that jazz. But I still think it's a totally shit system, is all.

I... don't? You literally quoted me saying the system is bad, not the players. Players shouldn't have to go out of their way and police themselves and each other in order to make the rewards reachable by normal human beings who don't live in front of their PCs.

Now, it was part of vanilla, so it should be part of Classic. #nochanges and all that jazz. But I still think it's a totally shit system, is all.
    You called people participating in co-operation, win-traders and part of a mafia. Youre delluisional.

but this kind of organized win trading /mafia business bullshit is completely silly

Yo just an update, since this thread there was a rank reset, and because of the AV weekend, same dude gave a bigger cap, but then I got my friend to play some BfA and he likes that PVP system better. he loves to level up and get rewards without the namingandshaming and caps BS