Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW Patch Hotfixes - June 23, 2020

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

• Warlock
      • Affliction
        • The mana cost of Shadow Bolt has been reduced by 25%.
      • Destruction
        • The mana cost of Incinerate has been reduced by 25%.
      • Developers’ note: Affliction and Destruction Warlocks are running out of mana in prolonged fights when using high levels of Haste so we're reducing the mana costs of their primary filler spells.

Creatures and NPCs

• Players can once again embark on their world tour with Uuna and show her the impressiveness of the Gate of the Setting Sun.

Player versus Player

• Resolved an issue that prevented the slow effect from Monks Sweep the Leg (Azerite Trait) from being removed with snare immunities.

Remember when resources were there to be managed and not some pretty bar for decoration? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Remember when resources were there to be managed and not some pretty bar for decoration? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    I play an Arcane mage - can they reduce my mana cost so I can go above 15% haste without drying up in 20 seconds

I have a mastery build at the moment - have almost 200k mana and +42% dmg, sure it takes me for ever to cast a spell - but it hits hard and I don't run out of mana

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I play an Arcane mage - can they reduce my mana cost so I can go above 15% haste without drying up in 20 seconds

I have a mastery build at the moment - have almost 200k mana and +42% dmg, sure it takes me for ever to cast a spell - but it hits hard and I don't run out of mana

Evo, mana gem ( is that a thing), pots? Innervate?

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    (playing the class correct and conserving your mana between burnphases helps the most i heard.)

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    I suspect you missed the point of my post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    (playing the class correct and conserving your mana between burnphases helps the most i heard.)
    As did you

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

well warlocks had lifetap,so all you needed was a healer,nothing really to manage,and casters having to even worry about it wile melee didnt was always kinda unfair,arcane mage is the exeption as its designed around the mana draining fast and is balanced around that,today a warlock going oom is dead dps,and would be rly shity design to have one spec be dead if the fight is to long or its haste is to high

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lol the most OP spec in PvP and they get a mana reduction LOL

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I suspect you missed the point of my post

- - - Updated - - -

As did you
    Mana isn't supposed to be a problem for warlocks, generally.
    Whereas for an Arcane mage, you ARE supposed to manage your mana. That IS a part of your game play.

Is life tap not a thing anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Whereas for an Arcane mage, you ARE supposed to manage your mana. That IS a part of your game play.
    Then why warlocks have mana if it's only a decoration and doesn't count? So it doesn't make much sense...

Hey can we hotfix holy power? I can't use more than one spell before running out of resources unless memory or divine purpose procs.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Why would you completely ignore the obvious context?

10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction warlocks mana is literally only there for life drain. Everything else doesn't / shouldn't use any mana at this point.

Looks like a sensible fix. Mana starvation shouldn't be an accidental effect of spellcaster mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    As did you...

Unfortunately they removed warlock's only way to manage their mana in 8.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Is life tap not a thing anymore?
    No. They removed it in 8.0. Mana is basically pointless for warlocks other than to prevent you from using drain life nonstop.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    probably because lock spender is soul shards, and the generators costing mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at me pressing life tap, oh boy the management! The last any caster should go oom from is when they use a filler spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Adi91 View Post
    Then why warlocks have mana if it's only a decoration and doesn't count? So it doesn't make much sense...
    Mana is used mostly for defense and uttility nowadays. If they spam too much life drain they go oom, for example.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-06-24 at 09:03 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

• Warlock
      • Affliction
        • The mana cost of Shadow Bolt has been reduced by 25%.
      • Destruction
        • The mana cost of Incinerate has been reduced by 25%.
      • Developers’ note: Affliction and Destruction Warlocks are running out of mana in prolonged fights when using high levels of Haste so we're reducing the mana costs of their primary filler spells.
    I mean this really is such a minor concern. They could always just not stack ridiculous amounts of haste to avoid this. The fact that this deserves a hotfix and other issues fly under the radar is astounding.
    I do understand the need for it, as standing there doing no DPS because you've been spamming your spells with high haste is no fun. I just don't think this should have been a higher priority over, for example, some specs now being completely outclassed due to all the corruption stacking.