Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This woman is the deadliest assassin in history.

The sheer number of zombies, humans, dogs and whatever-the-hell I have stabbed, scalped, shot, brained, lit on fire, impaled, blow-up and busted with a motherfucking brick in hand is in the hundreds.

There was a part where I stabbed a woman in the throat as she played her PS Vita. And I was like, "Damn, Ellie! You are a stone cold ruthess bitch."

This game got you playing as the grim reaper.
    I felt the same way when I was playing Red Dead 2. You engage in a shoot out against a literal army base with just two people and win. You get in another shoot out with an entire town and just ride out also. I'm just like "is anyone going to address how well the main character repeatedly performs against an vastly overwhelming opposing enemy force? This is not something that's normal."

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I felt the same way when I was playing Red Dead 2. You engage in a shoot out against a literal army base with just two people and win. You get in another shoot out with an entire town and just ride out also. I'm just like "is anyone going to address how well the main character repeatedly performs against an vastly overwhelming opposing enemy force? This is not something that's normal."
    This is the sorta video game-y stuff I don't mind at all. You need to make certain concessions for it to work. It especially makes sense with Abby given how jacked and militarized she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Pretty solid, detailed review - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5bw4CmLZcY
    Looking at the other videos on this account...woof. Yeah, I dunno, sure seems like the politics the people trying to undermine legit criticism of the game are claiming are at play.

Liked Skill Up's which felt less performative and far-right bullshit, sad he won't do a spoiler rundown after people on both sides were asshats.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2020-06-24 at 01:15 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't really called it detailed when they miss obvious stuff like Abbie being a trained solider who was part of a brutal army at war with an equally as brutal threat. they try and act like Ellie and Abbie should have had the same Emotional responses when it comes to certain things which is to ignore that Ellie and Abbie haven't gone though the same stuff. Abbie is a solider part of a fighting force she only joined because of joel's actions shes clearly been taught to and has adjusted to a more brutal way of life then ellie with her comparatively peaceful setting with joel. this is the whole crux of abbie's arc she's the solder who wants to stop fighting she wants to change her ways but when confronting ellie she falls back into them only to be pulled back because of Lev and the connection she has started to form with him.

If a reviewer can't see that a character who regularly finds there community mates hung with there guts torn out and another getting high in a basement after a night of joyful partying wouldn't respond the same to things then said reviewer doesn't seem to be playing with a full deck when it comes to looking at said product.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    It especially makes sense with Abby given how jacked and militarized she is.
    Bro. Abby is so jacked. Even as a girl, she buff AF.

I only just started the Abby section. Really enjoying it so far.

If I ever remember, I'll address the first part of your post I omitted because I don't entirely agree with it and think this game is intended as a subversion of various game tropes by making them overt to the point of oppression.

It sort of reminds me of this experimental game I played once where you played as a cat falling down an endless well. Very interesting.

I'll finish this game and circle back with more compete thoughts though.

Upper Echelon

Solid decent viewpoints

Pick one. The guy is one of those "The SJWs are under your bed stealing your thoughts, ruining your games." bullshit peddler

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The guy is one of those "The SJWs are under your bed stealing your thoughts, ruining your games." bullshit peddler
    It's Pathetic how right wing populism has turned every idiot to think that way.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    It's also a feedback loop from how monetization works. It generates more controversy and thus clicks and a more radical perspective usually is more predisposed to consuming the same core areas of media from specific subgroups. So what generally ends up happening is Youtubers who start as moderate are more predisposed to becoming more radical because their content that targets that is more lucrative.

On the viewer end, you have analytics that lead to more recommended, of course.

Bellular, YongYea...a lot of them were way more scaled back but dropped onto identity politic trends because it benefits them. It's why I get frustrated that the online narrative surrounding TLOU2 is so god damn ugly because plenty have issues with it that are totally detached from that.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2020-06-24 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    because plenty have issues with it that are totally detached from that.
    They may have issues but plenty those opinions I've seen are mostly hyperbolic imo,
    Youtube Populism can be just as cancerous and people like upper echelon add their bullshit anti-SJW arguments in them.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

They may have issues but plenty those opinions I've seen are mostly hyperbolic imo,
    Youtube Populism can be just as cancerous and people like upper echelon add their bullshit anti-SJW arguments in them.
    I mean, it's not a matter of hyperbole depending on how severe you talk about it. I have issues with the execution of some of the game's narrative turns (and the relationship between mechanics and story) but certainly the 0/10s are ridiculous.

Will probably post a rundown of how I think it can be tweaked later without changing a single major event in the game, since the issues are not colossal, but so much gets drowned out by the extremes. Meanwhile, idiots over in r/TLOU2 like "I think it should've been more like Logan was for Logan!" or "Joel should've died being amazing and saving Ellie and also should ride a skateboard and have access to a time machine!" as if Joel was the main character of the game.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2020-06-24 at 05:21 AM.

Yeah, it's nice the left is so much more differenciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finished the game today. Its a solid 8.5/10. I find myself very often going 'surely it must be over soon' which is not a great indictment. But it really really drags out a 15 hour story in to a 27 hour game.

I had fun with it but time thought of repeating it is right at the bottom of my list.

I don't know why they went with this route personally but I did enjoy most of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Upper Echelon

Solid decent viewpoints

Pick one. The guy is one of those "The SJWs are under your bed stealing your thoughts, ruining your games." bullshit peddler
    How dare he have a different opinion than you

Here's another well thought out review that instead of watching will lead to the player's channel being combed to predetermine what people think of the review - Cohh's Thoughts on The Last of Us Part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    How dare he have a different opinion than you
    Herm...Kallisto is right...he is "one of those"

Proof:

It's honestly like a 5 or 6 out of 10. Not a 1 because people don't like the story, and not a 10 because people just love TLoU. It's right in the middle, a little better than average, but so was the first game. The only difference is, the first one rode on the back of its story, which carried it up to about an 8 overall, whereas this one just doesn't have it. As much as I appreciate you having to play the game a little differently than most in the second half, there really isn't that a whole lot there beyond that, and the ending was just.

Well, you know.

7+ Year Old Account
    Here's another well thought out review that instead of watching will lead to the player's channel being combed to predetermine what people think of the review - Cohh's Thoughts on The Last of Us Part 2.
    I watched your last review and pointed out one of the reasons it was shit and how the a reviewer missing obvious stuff hurts there credibility.

are you just gonna Keep linking reviews every time flaws are pointed out in them? This one is incredibly vague with no real key points given other then that they recommend it but there were some pacing problems and story choices the reviewer didn’t like but he never gives any actual examples and just talks vaguely. It pretty much just says “this is a game some people like it, some don’t” with out going any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I watched your last review and pointed out one of the reasons it was shit and how the a reviewer missing obvious stuff hurts there credibility.

are you just gonna Keep linking reviews every time flaws are pointed out in them? This one is incredibly vague with no real key points given other then that they recommend it but there were some pacing problems and story choices the reviewer didn’t like but he never gives any actual examples and just talks vaguely. It pretty much just says “this is a game some people like it, some don’t” with out going any further.
    I'm not interested in convincing you of anything, although I do kinda hope to draw out facile bullshit like "that guy only criticized the narrative structure and pacing because... SJWs".

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not interested in convincing you of anything, although I do kinda hope to draw out facile bullshit like "that guy only criticized the narrative structure and pacing because... SJWs".
    So your shit posting then? You don’t actually care about discussion and just want to post garbage reviews So you can watch people point out that said reviewer is garbage?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So your shit posting then? You don’t actually care about discussion and just want to post garbage reviews So you can watch people point out that said reviewer is garbage?
    I'm posting fair and valid gameplay and literary reviews of the game on the game's discussion thread. If that's an issue for you it's not me that's full of shit.