Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    I don't know what the hell is wrong with blizzard, it just changes the game so that there are blacks and Chinese, surely the next thing will be gypsies, transvestites and gays ... blizzard is starting to disgust me but seriously ... this is a game there is no reason to reflect the races of reality or sexual orientations, especially those anomalous and indecent, the product of a dark vice ...and a mental imbalance
    Fucking bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    I don't know what the hell is wrong with blizzard, it just changes the game so that there are blacks and Chinese, surely the next thing will be gypsies, transvestites and gays ... blizzard is starting to disgust me but seriously ... this is a game there is no reason to reflect the races of reality or sexual orientations, especially those anomalous and indecent, the product of a dark vice ...and a mental imbalance
    You're a piece of shit.
    Last edited by wraysbury; 2020-06-24 at 07:42 AM.

I'll know about a month in. Even the worst expansion, WoD, I felt I got my money's worth from buying the Expansion and 1month game time doing all of the story and exploration content for the first time. That never lets me down. The question is always, ok now that I'm at end game, is there anything worth replaying and resubbing for? For BFA I got a solid 6 months out of it. Not bad. WoD was about the same. Legion I was subbed the entirety of the expansion. I hope SL is closer to Legion in holding my interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Legion: Worst expansion ever
    BfA: Best expansion ever
    I'm so glad I'm not expected to take you serious.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    In legion we waited entire expansion to get vendors. It was too late.

And no In Legion you had to farm for 1-2 months with tons of more effort to be able to "be in the middle of pack".
    No you didn't, after 7.2 you did 4 WQs with AP and you had most of your power. You use the deflection of "people forgot how bad it was". It's more like you forgot how easy it got from Nighthold and even more so from 7.2. That was 5-8 months in. The weapon catch up was powerful as shit. Getting weapon up was a no brainer. Legendaries was still a grind, sure, but comparing timeline to timeline, Legion was just way easier to power up at this stage. Corruption was just way worse when it comes to RNG. The redeeming part is that it came in 8.3, luckily this late.

Even with vendors you still need 2-3 weeks to get the amount you need for BiS stuff. One week is like 30-40% of the potential power. In Legion you had 80% of overall power in one emissary after 7.2. Thats why rental power worked better in Legion. It was two things two get, weapon ugrade and legendaries. Since the weapon stood for the majority of the power it was fast to get up to speed. Some people seems to have forgotten that they introduced this insane cach up in that patch. I can compare this since I played both expansions properly. You have said yourself that you played way less in Legion than BfA. Idling in Dalaran did not give you legendaries for instance. Yes, the rng sucked, but the corruption rng sucked even more lol.

And you really think we would have gotten a vendor on corruption in 8.1 or something if we had it from launch? No, we would not. Just look at essences as well. And Azerite Armor. Still 24 weeks for full set of targetable items. Azerite Armor came in 8.0. Zero catch up.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-06-24 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    You are in the nimority if you like bfa more then Legion. Several polls have already been made on that subject.

The passive damage from azerite, essences and corruption makes player skill less important among many other factors. This expansion is on par, if not even more hated then WoD.
    Nope, not even close, couple of years will pass and it will be same situation as MoP. When it was current it was the worst expansion ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    No you didn't, after 7.2 you did 4 WQs with AP and you had most of your power. You use the deflection of "people forgot how bad it was". It's more like you forgot how easy it got from Nighthold and even more so from 7.2. That was 5-8 months in. The weapon catch up was powerful as shit. Getting weapon up was a no brainer. Legendaries was still a grind, sure, but comparing timeline to timeline, Legion was just way easier to power up at this stage. Corruption was just way worse when it comes to RNG. The redeeming part is that it came in 8.3, luckily this late.

Even with vendors you still need 2-3 weeks to get the amount you need for BiS stuff. One week is like 30-40% of the potential power. In Legion you had 80% of overall power in one emissary after 7.2. Thats why rental power worked better in Legion. It was two things two get, weapon ugrade and legendaries. Since the weapon stood for the majority of the power it was fast to get up to speed. Some people seems to have forgotten that they introduced this insane cach up in that patch. I can compare this since I played both expansions properly. You have said yourself that you played way less in Legion than BfA. Idling in Dalaran did not give you legendaries for instance. Yes, the rng sucked, but the corruption rng sucked even more lol.

And you really think we would have gotten a vendor on corruption in 8.1 or something if we had it from launch? No, we would not. Just look at essences as well. And Azerite Armor. Still 24 weeks for full set of targetable items. Azerite Armor came in 8.0. Zero catch up.
    No you didn't. If you didn't have farmed leggos you had a long journey for farming shit over and over again. Even after 7.2 it could take you 3-5 months to get the ones you need. And that is just for one spec. Forget about other specs.

Ap, you were still month behind others, forget about other specs, in BfA catchup is more powerful.

Stop saying nonsense about azerite, it drops from raids just like tiers did except you need 3 of them not 6 like in legion (including previous tiers, which of course nobody wanted to farm anymore on mythic), in addition to that you got M+ vendor. In Legion there wasn't even an option to get tier sets from M+.
    So that is straight up LIE, and it took much longer in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Personally I absolutely hated BFA.

I don't think any game or movie has ever pissed me off so much. Now with Shadowlands there are new features that I do admit look nice but after BFA it feels... wrong to me.

Especially since everything in BFA felt as though was pushed through so we can get this expansion.
    How do you guys think about Shadowlands?

Was it all worth it with all these spoilers?
    Shadowlands is THE redemption arc of WoW.

BfA was a filler bullshit dragonball z-esque 100 episode of pure channeling of spirit bomb nonsense.

Now we got high elves, mismatched shoulder transmog, more customization options than ever before, unlocked allied races, druid forms in barbershop, and even seperate worgen and human cutomization.

I came bucketloads so many times in the last months since these news were revealed that I can't even count them.

BfA should be in the trash where it belongs, we only need to make moonkin cosmetic at this point, and Shadowlands can launch to a worldwide success.

I'm really excited, about as much as I was for Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    This is the first expansion I’m not pre-ordering OR even planning to buy until things settle in.
    Yep, same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Onamae View Post
    Shadowlands is THE redemption arc of WoW.

BfA was a filler bullshit dragonball z-esque 100 episode of pure channeling of spirit bomb nonsense.

Now we got high elves, mismatched shoulder transmog, more customization options than ever before, unlocked allied races, druid forms in barbershop, and even seperate worgen and human cutomization.

I came bucketloads so many times in the last months since these news were revealed that I can't even count them.

BfA should be in the trash where it belongs, we only need to make moonkin cosmetic at this point, and Shadowlands can launch to a worldwide success.
    Don't get me wrong, more customization is always nice, but... Really? Like that is all ot takes to make you happy compared to BfA?

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Don't get me wrong, more customization is always nice, but... Really? Like that is all ot takes to make you happy compared to BfA?
    A big part of the game for many people is waiting for the new expansion to come out so they can go back & solo the previous expansions content for transmog & the like. I know quite a few people like that myself, & while I don't get it personally, if that's what they enjoy, then good for them.

I do like some of the things Shadowlands is doing but I really think we need to wait until beta is here and they are raid testing bosses and playing at 60 before we can really get a complete picture and rate the expansion properly.

The big class balance pass hasn't happened yet. Their new profession updates haven't been explored at length. Their endgame systems are still largely up in the air. The endgame encounters are also still not explored yet.

Gotta wait.

yes, apart from the improved systems I haven't mentioned, this is just the tip of the iceberg but its already more than enough
    compared to how shit BfA was.

More customizations together with more transmog from different covenant gives Shadowlands something BfA has been lacking: Replayability. That alone gives more incentive to do stuff, and having a reason to do the same things, just with different story and different rewards is some of the most important things an mmo has to offer. Take Horrific Vision. The idea is good, but it offers little replayability as you will get same runs, same rewards and same upgrades on all your toons. Putting a transmog set for each armor type which was unique to HV would make an incentive to do it over and over. Now we have 5 helms customizations, just recolors, and you can get it on one char. The mount and bag from vendor, the same.

Character customization is really important for many players. Its a reason why skins in so many games is the main reward.

Also, BfA have not excelled on anything. That too makes something new and quite big(though long overdue) as increased customization a thing for people to forget about BfA and look forward to Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-06-24 at 02:10 PM.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands seems to bring the new, mysterious and magical "continent" back. So concept wise it wins over the seas/old god/war for me.

Rest it will be decided on gameplay. How Covenants and legendaries will impact each class for example. Or how many class changes are still to be made.

Also looking forward to the potential comeback of class tiers, even only restricted to visual appeal.

Can't really say until SL is actually on the table, given how hard BFA failed in in my mind. There are things I'm interested in and look forward to, namely Torghast, but I don't think it'll be enough so far. But time will tell.

SL looks a lot better than BfA, but not enough to make me play it. Covenants are solo and so is Torghast. So why should I pay for it when I could just solo it on a private server?

Considering that SL is unplayable - no.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can anyone answer this? Shadowlands isn't out yet and knowing Blizzard, 500 things are going to change between now and November.

/end thread.

BTW how many are in the alpha/beta atm? Usually there are posts about people getting in in waves every couple of weeks. Haven't seen that with SL yet. Only the initial streamer/frendzgroup are in? Seems a bit weird if so.