Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Always been curious about fasting

Do you set yourself times when you can eat or is it whole days?
    How hard is it to manage cravings etc

- - - Updated - - -

Problem with keto is if you cheat you fuck your whole system up, having 0 carbs is probably the hardest thing you can ask of yourself (imo)
    well fasting is nice from time to time if you are able to controll your urges and actions .

you could for example fast 2 days a month - by not eating anything for 24 hours as long as next day you wont consume 2x more calories due to hunger as then whole proccess has no sense.

a lot of people semi-fast by using "cleansing diets" for those days - for example they dont consume solid foods but rathers just water/vegetable juice/shakes few times a month. those mixed vegatable shakes still provide you calories but then the intake is very much reduced.

but i wouldnt recomment those to fat people as their body craving for calories would be to much - for example obese person would feel like he is starving by just eating 1000 calories a day when slim person could probably fast without eating anything and still feel ok .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Look, in theory it's as simple as you must burn more calories than you eat.

But, there is no easy way to do it
    . If you think you gonna get slim hardly trying, well... you gonna see.

Once you decide to get serious, you can do cardio programs. There are some cardio + strength programs that you can easily get on youtube that won't buff you up like pumping weights but will get you fit. Adjust your eating to cut on most of the crap. Eat more protein cause it will let you feel full for longer and work out. Otherwise, you aren't gonna get results. You have to be serious about it and you have to keep at it for several months. If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Well... you can try your diets, but you will likely bounce back pretty easily. All those do this in 20/30 days programs are all BS. 60 day ones are a bit better. But be prepared for 6 months and you will get results. One year if you want better results. All depends on your fat index.
    Half measures won't work. You need to both adjust your diet and work out. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it is what it is.
    technicaly its very easy - in relaity most people fail because they are unable to control themsleves.

all you need is to start counting calories and then set yourself a diet. for example reducing claories intake first from 3k to 2,5k and then in 2-3 months from 2,5-2k .

but obese people are mostly obese because they lack that self control in first place.

i can tell you for example the basic diet that im keeping to keep myself fit - its nothing special .

breakfest - around 7 am - 2 slices of break + something on top (cheese/meat) and vegetables like tomato or oatmeal with fruits and nuts .

2nd breakfest around 11 am - small natural joghurt

lunch around 15 - typical normal restaurant dish - like rice + chicken+vegetables + sauce , or potato /salad/meat , or pasta + additions .

if im hungry around 16-17 i eat fruits like apples/banas

last meal - around 18-19 - 2 slices of bread + something on top + vegatables.

for me its more then enough even when im working out hard . if im working out i have "extra meal" in form of protein shake post workout.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-06-24 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    but obese people are mostly obese because they lack that self control in first place.
    That's a bit of a truism, though. "People put on weight because they eat too much" may be (generally) true, but is also somewhat, you know, unhelpful. It's like starting your fire safety course with "things burn because they caught on fire", it's not wrong but it also doesn't do anything.

Self-control isn't something you "just have" (or don't have), it's a part of a complex set of behaviors that are learned, practiced, and contingent on many factors. I do agree, though, that it's a big part of successful long-term weight control. Inasmuch as "self control" as a very broad generalization is useful to begin with; it's probably reasonable terminology, if you approach it critically.

Nutritional choice-making and behavioral modification go hand in hand. That's why nutritionist will not only tell you to eat healthier foods, but also to modify HOW you eat - at what time, in what setting, etc. Not because that dramatically changes the calorie count (there's some minor effects due to metabolic factors but they're often vastly overstated) but because certain behaviors are more - or less! - conducive to maintaining a good diet in the long term. For example, spreading out meals across the day rather than having a single big meal will often result in very similar overall calorie intake, but will make coping with cravings easier and lessen the risk of "cheating" on a diet (assuming there aren't other medical reasons at play, of course, like controlling blood sugar levels for diabetics etc.). Similarly, preparing meals by hand rather than buying processed or ready-to-eat meals can be conducive to healthier diet because it trains you to watch what you eat, making it more likely that you eat healthier food. And so on.

As always, though, there is no magic bullet. A good diet and maintaining a healthy weight and exercise is a complex and highly subjective process. It doesn't necessarily take backbreaking work, but it takes a lot of care about many little interconnected things, with results that usually won't be immediate or easily reduced to simple causes. The key is long-term care - the goal should be to both reach a target weight/body and MAINTAIN IT. Losing 50 pounds to heavy dieting over 2 months is worth very little if you put those 50 pounds back on again another 2 months later because you slipped on your overly stringent diet. It may be a better idea to lose 50 pounds over 6 months instead, but arrive at a place where you have changed your behaviors - slowly but steadily - to a point where you'll keep those 50 pounds off for the next 50 years, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That's a bit of a truism, though. "People put on weight because they eat too much" may be (generally) true, but is also somewhat, you know, unhelpful. It's like starting your fire safety course with "things burn because they caught on fire", it's not wrong but it also doesn't do anything.

Self-control isn't something you "just have" (or don't have), it's a part of a complex set of behaviors that are learned, practiced, and contingent on many factors. I do agree, though, that it's a big part of successful long-term weight control. Inasmuch as "self control" as a very broad generalization is useful to begin with; it's probably reasonable terminology, if you approach it critically.

Nutritional choice-making and behavioral modification go hand in hand. That's why nutritionist will not only tell you to eat healthier foods, but also to modify HOW you eat - at what time, in what setting, etc. Not because that dramatically changes the calorie count (there's some minor effects due to metabolic factors but they're often vastly overstated) but because certain behaviors are more - or less! - conducive to maintaining a good diet in the long term. For example, spreading out meals across the day rather than having a single big meal will often result in very similar overall calorie intake, but will make coping with cravings easier and lessen the risk of "cheating" on a diet (assuming there aren't other medical reasons at play, of course, like controlling blood sugar levels for diabetics etc.). Similarly, preparing meals by hand rather than buying processed or ready-to-eat meals can be conducive to healthier diet because it trains you to watch what you eat, making it more likely that you eat healthier food. And so on.

As always, though, there is no magic bullet. A good diet and maintaining a healthy weight and exercise is a complex and highly subjective process. It doesn't necessarily take backbreaking work, but it takes a lot of care about many little interconnected things, with results that usually won't be immediate or easily reduced to simple causes. The key is long-term care - the goal should be to both reach a target weight/body and MAINTAIN IT. Losing 50 pounds to heavy dieting over 2 months is worth very little if you put those 50 pounds back on again another 2 months later because you slipped on your overly stringent diet. It may be a better idea to lose 50 pounds over 6 months instead, but arrive at a place where you have changed your behaviors - slowly but steadily - to a point where you'll keep those 50 pounds off for the next 50 years, too.
    2 things - truisms are called like that because they are "true" .

its like dogmatics in science - you dont doscuss them unless that is your academical goal in first place - but accept them and utilize them .

therefore i will always put accent on "eat less" as advice for people who want to loose weight.

i definetly do agree about lossing weight slower but in healthier way . thats why i put emphasis on gradual recudion of calories intake rather then sudden huge changes.

but at the end of day - for 95 % of people (yes the typical gauss distribution ) the advice that will change their life is eat less and stop eating junk food and stop drinking junk drinks. (yes - im leaving 5 % for people with genetics problems bu reality is most of people dont have those - they just eat like pigs)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you can eat less /and/ eat, then you'll lose the weight that much faster.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I have lost 30kg in my life, but i regained it now lol, and planning to lose it again by 2021. Went from fat to skinny and back.

I would say that the first step is to stop eating junk food, or stop eating entirely for a while even. You will notice loss of fatigue, increase in mental sharpness by doing that.

Then you have to actually stick to not eating junk food for months . And i mean stop eating chips, candies, sodas, mcdonalds.

And drink lots of water. Like lots. If you wanna eat drink water.

Healthy food. Popcorn instead of chips, salad, lean meats, nuts.

Don't be a stoner, its also important. I could smoke and be dead for the rest of the day.

Sleep well and alot.

Final step is to exercise, run, lift weights. Start slow. Get some emotions, get angry, get motivated etc, its funny but it helps.

p.s. its impossible to lose weight very fast, so don't be discouraged, follow your progress. 2kg a month is great, thats 20kg in 10 months. At the end of the day you have to really want to stick to the plan. Don't rationalize that you cant do something. Its just you and the goal, nothing to do with anyone else or any social issues. You have to work hard to achieve anything. But as soon as you lose some, you'll be hooked.
    Last edited by meheez; 2020-06-24 at 09:51 AM.

Keto diet helps you to reduce your weight. Keto diet consists of low-carbohydrate food which leads to reduce weight.. You can find so many delicious Keto diet recipes through internet. I have adjusted my diet including fruits, fruit juices, Nuts, and boiled Vegetables and grains.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I don’t want to lift, because I don’t want muscle mass.
    Typical female statement. They all think if they touch a dumbbell they get 50 inch bicep.

Do cardio and eat a diet that you enjoy and that you could eat for the rest of your life. it's no use forcing yourself to eat something that you can't follow through with or you'll fall behind.

Have cheat days to clear your mind and stay focused. Don't take nutrition plans of what you should eat from others, you have to find out for yourself. Don't forget that your body is different. You can look for examples, but you have to build your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    Typical female statement. They all think if they touch a dumbbell they get 50 inch bicep.

Do cardio and eat a diet that you enjoy and that you could eat for the rest of your life. it's no use forcing yourself to eat something that you can't follow through with or you'll fall behind.

Have cheat days to clear your mind and stay focused. Don't take nutrition plans of what you should eat from others, you have to find out for yourself. Don't forget that your body is different. You can look for examples, but you have to build your own.
    that statement comes mostly from poor state of education .

people dont like learning biology so they dont understand that women are physicaly incapable of "building big muscles" unless tey go through steroids injections

hell same is with men - they work out for 2-3 years and are depressed because all that hard work and they cant go through certain celling - not understanding that 100% of "really muscled" dudes use steroids. and that silhuete that is "achievable for them " is at most at leavel of fitness/beach category in competitions (and even those 100% use steroids to get those resoults)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    I have lost 30kg in my life, but i regained it now lol, and planning to lose it again by 2021. Went from fat to skinny and back.

I would say that the first step is to stop eating junk food, or stop eating entirely for a while even. You will notice loss of fatigue, increase in mental sharpness by doing that.

Then you have to actually stick to not eating junk food for months . And i mean stop eating chips, candies, sodas, mcdonalds.

And drink lots of water. Like lots. If you wanna eat drink water.

Healthy food. Popcorn instead of chips, salad, lean meats, nuts.

Don't be a stoner, its also important. I could smoke and be dead for the rest of the day.

Sleep well and alot.

Final step is to exercise, run, lift weights. Start slow. Get some emotions, get angry, get motivated etc, its funny but it helps.

p.s. its impossible to lose weight very fast, so don't be discouraged, follow your progress. 2kg a month is great, thats 20kg in 10 months. At the end of the day you have to really want to stick to the plan. Don't rationalize that you cant do something. Its just you and the goal, nothing to do with anyone else or any social issues. You have to work hard to achieve anything. But as soon as you lose some, you'll be hooked.
    this is interesting piece.

and a little advice that i sometimes give to fat people in gym when they ask me for advice.

fat makes them tired.

there is a little exercise i would recomend . lets say that your goal is to loose 20 kg. take 2x10kg dumbbels and try to walk with them fast for few minutes , then put them down and asses how much "lighter " you body feels. . or fill backpack with mineral water bottles weighting 20 kg and go for a walk . now extrapolate that level of "im tired" to how their body feels after whole day of walking , doing stuff 24/7 .

thats why by loosing fat people are less tired.

also thats why people should care about their weight in first place because they put unnesesary strain on their body, organs, nerve systems etc 24/7 for years.

people dont like learning biology so they dont understand that women are physicaly incapable of "building big muscles" unless tey go through steroids injections

hell same is with men - they work out for 2-3 years and are depressed because all that hard work and they cant go through certain celling - not understanding that 100% of "really muscled" dudes use steroids. and that silhuete that is "achievable for them " is at most at leavel of fitness/beach category in competitions (and even those 100% use steroids to get those resoults)

- - - Updated - - -

and a little advice that i sometimes give to fat people in gym when they ask me for advice.

fat makes them tired.

there is a little exercise i would recomend . lets say that your goal is to loose 20 kg. take 2x10kg dumbbels and try to walk with them fast for few minutes , then put them down and asses how much "lighter " you body feels. . or fill backpack with mineral water bottles weighting 20 kg and go for a walk . now extrapolate that level of "im tired" to how their body feels after whole day of walking , doing stuff 24/7 .

also thats why people should care about their weight in first place because they put unnesesary strain on their body, organs, nerve systems etc 24/7 for years.
    I think he's talking about how after fasting for a bit your senses heighten and brain fog starts to go away (as a survival mechanism so your body will be in a state to go out and hunt/forage for food)

but everything you said is correct too, having less weight will make you have less chronic pain, it also fucks with your hormones and mood (produces slightly more estrogen and lowers testosterone in men for example)
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

2 things - truisms are called like that because they are "true" .
    They're not JUST true - they're true, BUT TRIVIAL.

Here's the dictionary.com definition:

Truism: noun
    a statement that is obviously true and says nothing new or interesting.

The problem isn't that the statement "fat people have no self control" is (necessarily) untrue, it's that it doesn't proffer any real solution because the causation implied there is so oversimplified it retains almost no practical use value.

but at the end of day - for 95 % of people (yes the typical gauss distribution ) the advice that will change their life is eat less and stop eating junk food and stop drinking junk drinks. (yes - im leaving 5 % for people with genetics problems bu reality is most of people dont have those - they just eat like pigs)
    This is also not immensely helpful. Very few people actively looking for weight loss are unaware that eating junk food is bad for you (though there are definitely underinformed people, too). Telling people "just eat less junk food!" might be technically correct, but is about as helpful in real, practical terms as telling a poor person "just get a well-paying job!" or a sick person "just take the right medicine!". Such statements are gross oversimplifications of complex underlying causes, and the answer needs to reflect that complexity if it's to lead to real and lasting change.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I don’t want to lift, because I don’t want muscle mass. And I think training endurance still builds muscle? Also, cardio is too much work for just losing half a meal’s worth of calories.

I used to weigh 95 lbs. Now I’m almost double that. I used to drink tea when I had cravings, but now there’s popcorn, chips and ice cream around. Should I just not eat as much? Is that really all?
    So I can’t tell you how to lose weight, but I can tell you that there’s no one size fits all solution. And to the people saying calories in and calories out is all it takes, that’s nonsense. There are zero calorie foods out there that demonstrably make you gain weight. Here’s a study that shows this (https://www.inc.com/minda-zetlin/die...-syndrome.html), although to be fair it is difficult with human subjects to prove causation. Yet here’s another article showing the same thing (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...o-science/amp/).

So yes counting calories can help but be careful with zero calorie or “diet” foods. Also as many posters have pointed out, no solution is useful if it’s not long term. So if you want to count calories for the rest of your life then try it, but if you don’t see yourself doing that then don’t bother. One thing that might help is looking at what “healthy” people are doing. Are they drinking soda or water? Are they eating more meat or less meat (carnivore diet aside...)? Are they active or sedentary? Then move along those tracks and you’ll get to where you want to go.

I have a family member who has lost 50 lbs doing keto in the last 3 months. Good for her but i doubt I could keep up that diet. She likes it and it works for her, but you’ll have to look it up to see if you can do it. Lot of these extreme diets are hit or miss, probably at least partially because they’re mentally taxing.

well fasting is nice from time to time if you are able to controll your urges and actions .

you could for example fast 2 days a month - by not eating anything for 24 hours as long as next day you wont consume 2x more calories due to hunger as then whole proccess has no sense.

a lot of people semi-fast by using "cleansing diets" for those days - for example they dont consume solid foods but rathers just water/vegetable juice/shakes few times a month. those mixed vegatable shakes still provide you calories but then the intake is very much reduced.

but i wouldnt recomment those to fat people as their body craving for calories would be to much - for example obese person would feel like he is starving by just eating 1000 calories a day when slim person could probably fast without eating anything and still feel ok .

- - - Updated - - -

technicaly its very easy - in relaity most people fail because they are unable to control themsleves.

all you need is to start counting calories and then set yourself a diet. for example reducing claories intake first from 3k to 2,5k and then in 2-3 months from 2,5-2k .

i can tell you for example the basic diet that im keeping to keep myself fit - its nothing special .

breakfest - around 7 am - 2 slices of break + something on top (cheese/meat) and vegetables like tomato or oatmeal with fruits and nuts .

2nd breakfest around 11 am - small natural joghurt

lunch around 15 - typical normal restaurant dish - like rice + chicken+vegetables + sauce , or potato /salad/meat , or pasta + additions .

if im hungry around 16-17 i eat fruits like apples/banas

last meal - around 18-19 - 2 slices of bread + something on top + vegatables.

for me its more then enough even when im working out hard . if im working out i have "extra meal" in form of protein shake post workout.
    That sounds perfectly fine. But we have someone that is wanting to lose weight and eats ice cream. chips, etc. So, it's someone who wants to eat some caloric stuff once in a while.
    So, that meal plan is perfectly fine when you are also working out. That will allow you to lose weight. It's also good for maintaining weight.
    But, if that is all you are doing, it will be very easy to bounce back if you lose that discipline. If you build some muscle mass, and by that i don't mean the vision that some people have that they think they will become a Schwazanegger lifting a couple of weights. Just doing cardio, resistance and strength routines at home, you will not only lose weight but build some muscle mass (A bit! You are not gonna get huge doing these routines). This muscle mass will make it harder for you to bounce back and will accelerate your metabolism, making burning fat easier and keeping your shape easier as well.

So, i'm not a believer of only "diet". I think this person needs to work out as well if he wants results. Heck, even you admit you work out as well. That is why you are probably doing well. You mix them both.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-06-24 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I think a lot of the "you have to do it with diet, not exercise" people are wrong. It's absolutely true that you can lose more on a diet than if you just try to exercise a lot over the short term, but I think exercise is just the far more sustainable path over the long term. If you can increase your maintenance calories by like 300 a day by exercising, that's going to build up to something real over the long term.

For whatever reason, my body is conditioned to tell me to eat more than I need. That's been true since I was basically a toddler, some of my earliest memories are of my dad trying to control my eating habits already. Dieting for someone like me is extremely hard. It's very difficult to end every day feeling extremely hungry. However, exercising more but eating the same isn't bad. Exercising is tiring, but it feels much easier to sustain a long term exercise regimen than a long term "starve myself" regimen. Also, exercising reduces stress and improves sleep habits, both things that decrease my desire to binge eat. My dad and my brother are the same, both people with tremendous appetites who exercise it away.

The people who are in the whole "it's just about eating less" camp are just not right.
    See this is just a biased view based on what you'd heard of, or works for you.. i've heard it both ways enough to understand sometimes peoples bodies react differently to different things, its just how it is there is never going to be "this is how/why you lose weight" otherwise it'd be published by now.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

- - - Updated - - -

fat makes them tired.

technically you CAN build big..ish muscles as a woman without steroids. but it requires the kind of constant heavy lifting that most people don't get through basic gym workouts. for instance, years ago I bought a glass vase at a Renaissance fair while watching glassmaker make a new batch of vases. I bought a smaller of her vases and it is still bigger then my head. every day, day after that - that woman manipulated incredibly heavy weights for hours at a time. with a ton of precision no less. her arms were bigger then my SO's. and she was shorter then him. but... that's extreme circumstances. to get that deliberately in a gym, one has to train with not only huge amount of dedication, but for YEARS before seeing a result like that.

but anyways, some of the "advice" in this thread is terrifying. on a level of "get yourself a tapeworm and watch pounds drop" terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    technically you CAN build big..ish muscles as a woman without steroids. but it requires the kind of constant heavy lifting that most people don't get through basic gym workouts. for instance, years ago I bought a glass vase at a Renaissance fair while watching glassmaker make a new batch of vases. I bought a smaller of her vases and it is still bigger then my head. every day, day after that - that woman manipulated incredibly heavy weights for hours at a time. with a ton of precision no less. her arms were bigger then my SO's. and she was shorter then him. but... that's extreme circumstances. to get that deliberately in a gym, one has to train with not only huge amount of dedication, but for YEARS before seeing a result like that.

but anyways, some of the "advice" in this thread is terrifying. on a level of "get yourself a tapeworm and watch pounds drop" terrifying.
    you really cannot unless you train with extreme amounts with extreme weights

you will never - never- get it from like 5kg dumbells

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    theres actually a lot to it besides cico but its definitely a good starting point and the easiest baseline to draw off of for a general person.

hormones, insulin resistance/spiking, and the nutrient density of your food will all play a part in your weightloss

for example animal protein is more thermic than say an apple. the same amount of calories of red meat will cost you more calories to process than an apple would.

this is one of the main reasons when i refeed i try to stick to a meat based diet carnivore/zero carb although i do enjoy some ketogenic veggies from time to time
    There really isn't - short term yes, but physically your body will grow or shrink based on how much energy it gets. More than it spends -> growth, less than it spends -> shrinking. It's all about being consequential and determined.

Note though that you can't always know how much your body spends, but if you do the same kinds of activities every day you can safely eat the same amount of energy and absolutely lose weight in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    theres actually a lot to it besides cico but its definitely a good starting point and the easiest baseline to draw off of for a general person.

hormones, insulin resistance/spiking, and the nutrient density of your food will all play a part in your weightloss

for example animal protein is more thermic than say an apple. the same amount of calories of red meat will cost you more calories to process than an apple would.

this is one of the main reasons when i refeed i try to stick to a meat based diet carnivore/zero carb although i do enjoy some ketogenic veggies from time to time
    That's part of calories out. In the end it is just calories in and calories out. Calories in is the simple part because that's what you eat. Calories out is the hard part because hormones, insulin resistance, gut health, thermic effect of food and exercise are part of calories out and it's hard to determine each of them.

My tip for losing weight is not to eat less but eat more lower calorie dense food. If you drink soda, drink soda with artificial sweetener, use milk with less fat, add vegetables and fruit to as many meals as possible. Eating less is hard because you'll get hungry but if you replace foods with lower calorie dense foods you stay satiated and have a lower calorie intake.

you really cannot unless you train with extreme amounts with extreme weights

you will never - never- get it from like 5kg dumbells
    please read my post - including ALL of the sentence you highlighted. obviously 5kg dumbells few times a week are not going to do it. but it doesn't mean its impossible. it takes dedication, knowing how to maximize your workouts and years and years of consistency. or tossing around large blobs oh molten glass hanging from a long metal pipe and shaping them with another metal pipe - again for years.

all I'm saying is not impossible, OP is just not in any danger of getting to that point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    That's part of calories out. In the end it is just calories in and calories out. Calories in is the simple part because that's what you eat. Calories out is the hard part because hormones, insulin resistance, gut health, thermic effect of food and exercise are part of calories out and it's hard to determine each of them.

My tip for losing weight is not to eat less but eat more lower calorie dense food. If you drink soda, drink soda with artificial sweetener, use milk with less fat, add vegetables and fruit to as many meals as possible. Eating less is hard because you'll get hungry but if you replace foods with lower calorie dense foods you stay satiated and have a lower calorie intake.
    pretty much this. you do not have to go all out on this, you can still keep some high calorie dense foods around, but just starting with a few substitutions here and there - can go a long way. can of full sugar soda is 150 calories. just replacing a single can with a diet soda - reduced your daily caloric intake by 150. while thermic affect of food IS a factor, its not nearly as much of a factor as people think it is.

I'm a big guy who used to be even bigger. By no means am I a health expert

For me motivation was the hardest obstacle. No big dude wants to be big. Best advise I got was start with small changes and work your way up. Changing everything in your life to be healthier will just make you miserable and high chance of just giving up.

I started by finding healthier (not always healthy) substitutes. Switching soda to sweet tea. Parking a little farther than usual at work and the grocery store.

Best thing I've done for me so far is cook multiple meals at once, this helped me with serving sizes.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    During the lockdown, I've done a lot of self-directed Yoga and archery. I earnestly miss going to the gym, but while they've re-opened I'm still a bit squeamish about going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.