Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me? That’s the actual rope in question?
    Don't let those crowds go near yachts, they'd lose their shit seeing looped rope everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    The immediate jumping to conclusions of people saying it was a racist that put the "noose" there of the garage of Nascar's only black driver...
    Since everyone one else did the job of the OP for him, some things have come to light:
    1.) It was the only one tied like a noose
    2.) Even the FBI agreed that it was worth investigating
    3.) The actual driver wasn't the one who reported it

As a few notes.

It was a farce by Nascar for progressive points. It falls short of a Juicy Wallace situation because for the most part he was uninvolved. But he did run his mouth off about it, so he isn't blameless.

It's not even a noose, it looks like a regular knot for pull chords. I'm sure the FBI officials that showed up to the scene told the FBI to just text them a picture next time, so their toddlers can confirm for Nascar if there is a problem.

https://imgur.com/a/bmhs90z

They literally sell them as garage door pulls.
    Last edited by lockedout; 2020-06-24 at 06:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Whoever tied it definity wanted it to look like a noose for whatever reason. Maybe they thought they were just being cute and edgy. Of fucking course, it would be investigated. Its like seeing a suspicious package on the side of the road and saying 'well I better not report it because it might not be anything'

People are out here butthurt that NASCAR isn't their redneck safe space anymore.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

Whoever tied it definity wanted it to look like a noose for whatever reason. Maybe they thought they were just being cute and edgy. Of fucking course, it would be investigated. Its like seeing a suspicious package on the side of the road and saying 'well I better not report it because it might not be anything'

People are out here butthurt that NASCAR isn't their redneck safe space anymore.
    Look at the post above.

Keep in mind too that Talladega is a NASCAR owned track that was built by the France family. Apparently another team put it on there during last falls race because it didn't have one. No one had an issue with it last fall and apparently no one that worked for NASCAR cared either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    A big problem with NASCAR, is a large portion of their fans are actually racist. The fact that black people exist at all leaves a bad taste in their mouths.
    Nice stereotype. I'm guessing you think a good chunk of Canadian hockey fans are racist too.

I honestly understand both sides of this but my take on it is the world is losing its mind.

When they found a noose, I thought it was a chunky lynching noose that could leave no room for ambiguity, not a piece of string tied off in a loop.

Keep defending this insane over-reaction. I can't see how a reasonable person could objectively look at that and think "racism / noose".

This is like a hypochondriac crying wolf 6 times a day, it actually diminishes the attention legitimate claims will be given.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better safe than sorry, esspecially during such a volatile time and when the door-opener was so deliberately tied like a noose, intentionally or not.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-06-24 at 08:40 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Nice stereotype. I'm guessing you think a good chunk of Canadian hockey fans are racist too.
    Yea why would anyone think NASCAR fans are a bunch of racist it's not like a bunch of them show up with confederate flags all the time or did so after the ban /s

I mean, its still definitely a hangman's knot (noose). My guess is some asshole crew member decided to chuckle his way through making a garage door handle like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at the post above.

Keep in mind too that Talladega is a NASCAR owned track that was built by the France family. Apparently another team put it on there during last falls race because it didn't have one. No one had an issue with it last fall and apparently no one that worked for NASCAR cared either.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of them are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, when a large group of NASCAR fans are foaming at the mouth because they can't take their confederate battle flags to Drive Left races . . .
    Putin khuliyo

So it wasnt a hate crime which is a good thing.
    It lead to an outpouring of solidarity and support for Bubba wallace and BLM which is a good thing.

Can't really see the gotcha here?

Threads regarding this online is brutal lol.

Anyways probably better to just text the fbi a picture next time.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-06-24 at 11:58 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/bmhs90z

They literally sell them as garage door pulls.
    Those are not tied as nooses. Not every knot that creates a loop looks like a noose. The one on this door pull did.

So no; your image is of an entirely different knot from what was found in the garage. "Hey look, there are knots other than noose knots" is not an argument that this wasn't a noose, or intended to look like one.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Threads regarding this online is brutal lol.

Anyways probably better to just text the fbi a picture next time.
    So the FBI could've said "damn, that looks like a noose, sure thing. Guess we'll come investigate."?

Because that's what would've happened. Because it was a noose.

Seems like a PR stunt by Nascar imho
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Those are not tied as nooses. Not every knot that creates a loop looks like a noose. The one on this door pull did.

So no; your image is of an entirely different knot from what was found in the garage. "Hey look, there are knots other than noose knots" is not an argument that this wasn't a noose, or intended to look like one.

So the FBI could've said "damn, that looks like a noose, sure thing. Guess we'll come investigate."?

Because that's what would've happened. Because it was a noose.
    They are going to get a lot of calls then as there is plenty of things looking like a noose as its a simple to do knot for things like handles or animal trapping etc etc it's just a slipped version of the overhand knot after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are going to get a lot of calls then as there is plenty of things looking like a noose as its a simple to do knot for things like handles or animal trapping etc etc it's just a slipped version of the overhand knot after all.
    I've done a fair bit of rope work. I've never had any reason to use a noose-style knot for anything, certainly not loop creation. If I want to create a simple, non-slip loop, like you'd use for a pull rope, the standard knot is a bowline. You could also do a crappy double-overhand or double-figure-eight to create a simple loop, though they're more prone to slipping. None of these knots has the heavy "neck" appearance that is classically part of a noose knot. And which this pull cord clearly had in every picture we've seen. That kind of "neck" cannot be created by accident; it's a deliberate feature of a noose, and actually takes a fair bit of work to create; it's far easier to create a loop without that neck. Particularly since a noose is, by definition, a slip knot, and for a pull cord, you wouldn't want a slip knot in the first place.

Yeah, you might use it in animal trapping, because your goal is to literally create a noose that will strangle an animal to death after pulling tight around its neck (though most traps I'm familiar with don't use one, they use a different slip knot with no "neck"). As a handle? Literally never seen that in my life, and a noose would make a terrible handle, since the last thing you want in a handle is any slippage at all.

I've done a fair bit of rope work. I've never had any reason to use a noose-style knot for anything, certainly not loop creation. If I want to create a simple, non-slip loop, like you'd use for a pull rope, the standard knot is a bowline. You could also do a crappy double-overhand or double-figure-eight to create a simple loop, though they're more prone to slipping. None of these knots has the heavy "neck" appearance that is classically part of a noose knot. And which this pull cord clearly had in every picture we've seen. That kind of "neck" cannot be created by accident; it's a deliberate feature of a noose, and actually takes a fair bit of work to create; it's far easier to create a loop without that neck. Particularly since a noose is, by definition, a slip knot, and for a pull cord, you wouldn't want a slip knot in the first place.
    Of course you don't have to make one but it's still a very easy knot to make so I'm just saying there will be plenty around still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course you don't have to make one but it's still a very easy knot to make so I'm just saying there will be plenty around still.
    A noose involves a lot of additional work for essentially no benefit over pretty much any other knot you'd use to make a loop.

Again; I have literally never seen anyone use a noose-style knot for anything but being a noose.

Is it all that hard to make? No. Can you make it by accident while trying to make a loop? Also no.

A noose involves a lot of additional work for essentially no benefit over pretty much any other knot you'd use to make a loop.

Again; I have literally never seen anyone use a noose-style knot for anything but being a noose.

Is it all that hard to make? No. Can you make it by accident while trying to make a loop? Also no.
    I'd like to see a closer, clearer shot. I've made plenty of pull ropes, lanyards, strops etc and to me it could just as easily be an eye splice that has been taped or wrapped. Like countless thousands of eye spliced loops in use around the world right now.