Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not too much longer for it to come out looking forward to it.

I'm spoiled for games at the moment. Why couldn't this stuff come out during the lock down lol
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    The game will also have easy, medium, and hard difficulties.
    They're saying all the right things, and it seems like this game is going to be amazing, but they also say that you can die from a couple of hits if you screw up. So I have to wonder, just how easy is easy going to be? Or, more preceisly, what does changing the difficulty actually DO?

If the only difference between Easy and Hard is that easy mean you can tank three hits, while hard you die in one...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    They're saying all the right things, and it seems like this game is going to be amazing, but they also say that you can die from a couple of hits if you screw up. So I have to wonder, just how easy is easy going to be? Or, more preceisly, what does changing the difficulty actually DO?

If the only difference between Easy and Hard is that easy mean you can tank three hits, while hard you die in one...
    If I had to guess, I would say easy will have a more lenient parry window and maybe less aggressive enemies. Something along those lines.

Typically in games like this, Easy means the dodge and parry windows will be larger, you can take more hits before you die and the enemies die in fewer hits. The harder the difficulty, the smaller the dodge and parry windows are, the less damage you can take before you die and the more damage enemies take before they die.

Even if the only difference is dying in one hit vs dying in three hits....that's actually pretty huge, because it means you have time to rethink your strategy and you have room for SOME mistakes. With only one hit killing you, there's no room for mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Typically in games like this, Easy means the dodge and parry windows will be larger
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    If I had to guess, I would say easy will have a more lenient parry window and maybe less aggressive enemies. Something along those lines.
    That... Would actually work out well for me. So, yeah. I'd be 100% behind more forgiving parry windows, and maybe slightly less agressive enemies.

I mean, either way, I'm getting this game. But that will be the difference between a pleasant complete and an aggravating one!

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

one thing i did not like about it was the fact that some sort of smoke or wind lead you the way to hidden places...which is kinda stupid really, other that that it looks dope to me

I'm likely to give it a fair shot in time, but honestly the latest gameplay presentation left me with a taste of "Japanese Assassin's Creed", complete with all the Ubisoft open world collectible objects. Kinda getting tired of the formula.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    So it seems Sucker Punch not only changed the name of the "Cinema Mode" to "Kurosawa Mode" but that they actually got permission from the Kurosawa estate to do so. Pretty funny.

Man, just over a week away from the launch! Please don't suck...

I pre ordered. I'm fairly certain this game won't suck. Sicker punch made a fun game with the infamous series and what I've seen of this it's definitely a game worthy of attention.

Hopefully the guiding wind doesn't kill the vibe because it looks like a fun action game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Hopefully the guiding wind doesn't kill the vibe because it looks like a fun action game
    I don't think it will. From what I've seen it's only there to point the way if you get lost and you have to actually activate it. So if you don't like how it looks you can just not use it.

Also, it feels more thematic that having a giant arrow, or flashing yellow dot to show you the direction to head.

I don't think it will. From what I've seen it's only there to point the way if you get lost and you have to actually activate it. So if you don't like how it looks you can just not use it.

Also, it feels more thematic that having a giant arrow, or flashing yellow dot to show you the direction to head.
    I think they also said it just leads you in general direction as well? Doesn't literally hold your hand to exact location.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have the special edition preordered and everything, but man i just see no point in playing this till i get a ps5 with that smexy ass ssd and likely upgrade patch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I think they also said it just leads you in general direction as well? Doesn't literally hold your hand to exact location.
    Yup, it's a gust of wind, it just kinda... blows in the direction you're meant to head. It seems like there's a VERY heavy emphasis on the journey and personal discovery, so having a big fuck off arrow, or worse yet a trail on the floor to follow, would ruin the feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is going to suck. If sony really cared about this game it would've been pushed back for the ps5.

This game won't be order1886 bad but it'll be one of those games that people say is a "good game" but will forget about its existence by December.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorke View Post
    This game is going to suck. If sony really cared about this game it would've been pushed back for the ps5.
    It was a PS4 game, pushing it back for the PS5 would just be a loss of revenue for the sake of it. You didn't really think this post through did you?

Furthermore if you're claiming it could be better with PS5 power it wouldn't be much, just performance and res boosts. The game has been in development since sucker punch finished first light aka a long ass time ago long before the PS5 was being developed for. It's a PS4 game shocker it is releasing on PS4.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-07-12 at 03:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a PS4 game, pushing it back for the PS5 would just be a loss of revenue for the sake of it. You didn't really think this post through did you?

Furthermore if you're claiming it could be better with PS5 power it wouldn't be much, just performance and res boosts. The game has been in development since sucker punch finished first light aka a long ass time ago long before the PS5 was being developed for. It's a PS4 game shocker it is releasing on PS4.
    Nah you're wrong. The way kids are hyping this game up you'd think sony would've launched it with the ps5. Sony has no faith in this game. I mean look at when its being released. Right after their biggest game of the year in the middle of July lol.

When the game fails I wonder what the excuse this time will be. Probably the same as titanfail 2's excuse of "bad timing" lol. Kids will do anything to justify their poor decisions instead of admitting they were conned into buying and playing a shitty game.

Nah you're wrong. The way kids are hyping this game up you'd think sony would've launched it with the ps5. Sony has no faith in this game. I mean look at when its being released. Right after their biggest game of the year in the middle of July lol.

When the game fails I wonder what the excuse this time will be. Probably the same as titanfail 2's excuse of "bad timing" lol. Kids will do anything to justify their poor decisions instead of admitting they were conned into buying and playing a shitty game.
    Sony has no faith in the game they are only marketing it everywhere, had a 15 min stage demo at e3 for it, had a 30 min state of play for it and are lifting the review embargo at the same point they did Spider-Man(3 days before release). If this is your idea of no faith I hate to see what having faith is.

The last time people like you claimed Sony had no faith in a game Day's Gone went on to destroy sales expectations for it and is still somehow charting every now and then. And that was a meh game from an unproven studio, not Sucker Punch who has already created 2 other successful IPs in Sly Cooper and Infamous. lol @ thinking this game will bomb. It will probably be a mid 80s metacritic and sell millions.

You just seem new to Sony in general because they always release huge games in the final year before a new console launch. Hell they released GT6 on the PS3 a month after the PS4 was already out lmfao and the PS4 wasn't even BC with it. It still sold millions. 2013 for PS3 had GoWA, TLOU, Puppeteer, Beyond Two Souls and GT6 as SIE published exclusives. Stick to posting on message boards because Sony won't be taking business advice from you.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-07-12 at 06:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sony has no faith in the game they are only marketing it everywhere, had a 15 min stage demo at e3 for it, had a 30 min state of play for it and are lifting the review embargo at the same point they did Spider-Man(3 days before release). If this is your idea of no faith I hate to see what having faith is.
    Yeah of course they're going to market it. They know most people are suckers.

Yeah of course they're going to market it. They know most people are suckers.
    Or you know, they just trust their proven studio that you claim they have no faith in.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/play...ous-second-son
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/play...n-3/infamous-2
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/infamous
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/play...-among-thieves
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/play...and-of-thieves
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/play...vius-raccoonus

This is called consistency, there is a reason Sony gave them 5 years to make this new IP. They earned it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stick to posting on message boards because Sony won't be taking business advice from you.
    do you work for sony lol?

You seem like someone who got super defensive over your favorite corporation lol.

And all of your other rambling is just proving what I said about the majority of kids being stupid. Millions of kids will buy these low effort movie simulator games because on console there's nothing really to look forward to other than exclusive ip's.

All these games are all hype and nothing good. And this game in particular from what I've seen looks really bad. Poor world on top of horrid animations and what looks to be a bland overused setting. The plot will probably suck as well as the characters being as low effort as dark souls characters.