5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I agree, but I think he'd better add Cali to that list lest it be seen as just a political maneuver. Otherwise it's not going to get taken as seriously as it really, really should.

I'm not really sure what's happening with California. They handled this at the start VERY well and I think I was among those who commended them for it. Given the dense population in their top cities--rivalling New York City which was an absolute disaster and still accounts for something like a fourth of the total deaths--they had comparatively little trouble in keeping everything locked up tight. Now, the past few weeks, it's getting pretty explosive over there. Really hoping we don't see a repeat of NYC there. People seem to be following the rules i.e. masks, social distancing and staying indoors in most areas from what I've read. Maybe it's just the sheer number of people tipping the balance the wrong way.

I do have to say the evidence of the past month should be sufficient for any lingering "the warm will kill it off" dipshits to scurry off back under their rocks.
    I live in Cali and I can tell you what’s happening.

No one is wearing a mask or following the rules to reduce the risks of infection.

As soon as counties reopened it all went to shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure what's happening with California.
    Nobody is, that's the problem. California is mirroring other increasing states, in that the positivity rate is increasing, as are hospitalizations and soon, I fear, deaths. The University of Washington says California will see 15,000 or so deaths by October, which considering they're at 5,600 now is really alarming. If that prediction was true and also if every state had the same thing happen, the current 123,000 deaths would look more like 330,000 which in turn is way more than we've been talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    No one is wearing a mask or following the rules to reduce the risks of infection.
    Well, fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

I assume this is the same everywhere, it is certainly very true in South Carolina, where we are having an absolutely massive spike right now. I have friends that say Pennsylvania was taking it a lot more seriously, so maybe we are actually worse then everywhere else.

At least the city in my area mandated masks yesterday, only applies to the city limits though.

Same here, I live in Palm Springs, and see the same thing. To give you an idea of how seriously they take things here, some bars were opening before they were supposed to, using the "but we serve food!" loophole. Which turned out to be, they'd order you a pizza from little ceasers if you wanted. Granted, some bars waited until they were supposed to and are super strict about mask policy, but it varies greatly.

Which county/city/region? I have some friends in LA and San Francisco and they're telling me pretty much everyone they see wears masks outside at all times or at least when it's necessary to go into a store. I have also heard that Orange County have a bunch of entitled little shits who are acting like it's Florida.

All anecdotal, of course, but it's concerning that it's getting out of hand in (another) one of the more densely-populated states in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which county/city/region? I have some friends in LA and San Francisco and they're telling me pretty much everyone they see wears masks outside at all times or at least when it's necessary to go into a store. I have also heard that Orange County have a bunch of entitled little shits who are acting like it's Florida.

All anecdotal, of course, but it's concerning that it's getting out of hand in (another) one of the more densely-populated states in the US.
    Orange County is absolutely terrible right now, with Irvine, Newport Beach, and Dana Point leading the rebellion.

EDIT: A lot of the companies and businesses are following through on the requirements, but the people just don't give a shit because "muh freedumbs".
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2020-06-24 at 04:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I assume this is the same everywhere
    I see 50% or more masks where I go, which is comforting.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Orange County is absolutely terrible right now, with Irvine, Newport Beach, and Dana Point leading the rebellion.
    *sigh* Yeah, that sounds about white.

I'm sure LA is leading the daily totals just from sheer numbers, but those areas. Ugh. If there's ever going to be a movie made about "Karens" those places are going to feature prominently.

The US doesn't really have that excuse. I won't comment on the healthcare in Chile because I know next to nothing about it; I'll defer to your superior knowledge.
    Awful. Completely awful. At least the public sector. The private healthcare is quite good, but you need the resources to pay for it.

Santiago is currently overwhelmed with cases, and the rest of the country is steadily getting worse.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1275823820448976897

The Trump admin. plans to end federal funding and support for coronavirus testing sites at the end of this month,
    @NBCNews
    has learned.

7+ Year Old Account

Where abouts in Cali are you? I currently live in Marin county. Everywhere I go, myself included, people are wearing masks and, often, gloves while out and about.

Trump "says something"
    trump people " he was kidding!"
    trump a day later " i really wasnt kidding and im going to enact it as official policy"

Trump opens his mouth and the ads just write themselves

*sigh* Yeah, that sounds about white.

I'm sure LA is leading the daily totals just from sheer numbers, but those areas. Ugh. If there's ever going to be a movie made about "Karens" those places are going to feature prominently.
    Ahhh Karens, you're the bane of our existence.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    The Trump admin. plans to end federal funding and support for coronavirus testing sites at the end of this month,
    In case you were wondering if "he was only kidding".

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Where abouts in Cali are you? I currently live in Marin county. Everywhere I go, myself included, people are wearing masks and, often, gloves while out and about.
    Kern County, people here are throwing party’s and going to other counties with open beaches.

It’s all over social media with pictures and videos of dozens of people without masks or social distancing.

I'm really enjoying all the press Bolton is doing atm. It's almost trippy hearing him speak after all this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I see 50% or more masks where I go, which is comforting.
    Oh. Well I guess South Carolina is just being South Carolina then. I am seeing more masks now then I did two weeks about, but it is still well under 20%. For a while I would be the only person in the grocery store with a mask, except about a third of the employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Oh. Well I guess South Carolina is just being South Carolina then. I am seeing more masks now then I did two weeks about, but it is still well under 20%. For a while I would be the only person in the grocery store with a mask, except about a third of the employees.
    I'm seeing relatively few in Wisconsin.

Milwaukee seems to have a higher percentage, maybe 50/50. Mask usage among African Americans is close to 100% though, from what I've seen.

Outside of the city in the more suburban areas, I was literally the only person wearing a mask. I've yet to see anyone wearing on in Germantown unless they're working at a place that mandates masks on premises.