Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Why would I play a shitty chinese knockoff from a team not even trying to make their own game? I barely play Pokemon as it is now and you think I want to play some shitty ass early access bare bones, shameless rip off of Pokemon? Yea sir, no thanks.
    so pokemon has the only monopoly for monster catching and training?
    if you really looked into it you would see it's not just a rip off. it has features which pokemon doesnt but fans want
    I don't say it's the best or better than pokemon but it's a good thing someone other entered the arena so pokemon (gamefreak) has to improve to stay on top

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    You sound... so dumb right now.
    Starting a retort with "you're so dumb" is never a good look. Didn't even bother reading the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    If only that was the only theme copied from pokemon and not literally everything. You can make a monster collecting and battle game without shamelessly ripping off Pokemon without any original ideas of your own. When I watched the shitty ass trailer long ago that was just going down a generic pokemon route, with generic pokemon battle intros the game is shamelessly trying to be Pokemon and the team has no artistic vision of their own.

There is a reason one is a 15+ million seller per entry in franchise and the other is a shitty early access game on steam that will only ever have a tiny fraction of the player base. Sorry if reality hurts but knockoffs aren't popular for a reason. Stardew Valley or Undertale are examples of something taking inspiration from something without being a shameless knock off. This is not.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-06-22 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    if you really looked into it you would see it's not just a rip off. it has features which pokemon doesnt but fans want
    I don't say it's the best or better than pokemon but it's a good thing someone other entered the arena so pokemon (gamefreak) has to improve to stay on top
    Sadly, unless Temtem sells REALLY well once finished and on the switch and actually takes away sales from an upcoming Pokemon game, it won't make any sort of impact on it.
    Just because there's another game, doesn't magically make them go "fk, we need to improve", because they don't have anywhere near the playerbase or marketshare in that space

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean after playing smt 4 they both suck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I mean after playing smt 4 they both suck
    Reminded me smt 5 is somewhere in development

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Reminded me smt 5 is somewhere in development
    That game being in production was announced way too early. They should just have kept quiet about it when it was several years out from being ready.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    That game being in production was announced way too early. They should just have kept quiet about it when it was several years out from being ready.
    Likely where pressured by Nintendo into being at the Switch reveal. Very similar to how Nintendo announced SMTxFE way too fucking early for the game to finally surface years later with a real trailer. The announcement trailer was literally P5 demon models imported into some generic Unreal 4 background. Atlus already learned their lesson with P5 and outside of SMTV all of their more recent projects have been announced and released in quick fashion, hard to think Nintendo didn't have a play in this.

It probably was going to be a late 2020/early 2021 release in Japan though with marketing starting soon but covid-19 may have effected that. Atlus normally doesn't take long before starting the marketing on next big release in Japan and so far have gotten nothing since P5S release in march. SMTV is likely their next big release as the P5 fighting game is probably much further out since ASW has been ass deep in projects.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-06-23 at 01:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Starting a retort with "you're so dumb" is never a good look. Didn't even bother reading the rest.
    Funny that you talk to people like this all the time on this site, but when someone does it to you, you just can't take it. I'm just telling it like it is.

Move over the last of us we got some real KHNO back on the menu!

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I found my kindred spirit.

Well, until the left joycon had drift that fucked me right off so I bought a pro controller.

IoA is good, the story is barely there and there's zero challenge, but the QoL additions, dex expansion and new moves for the meta make it worth it.

Hoping that Tundra has more storyline content.
    Fixed 6 Joy con drifts so far, the aftermarket ones are way better quality and don't break as far as I can see so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the greatest strength to SW/SH is the accessibility to competitive play.

It has never been easier to catch, breed and train up pokemon for endgame PvP. Pushing up the max rank tier in 2v2 with a trick room, but I think I need to swap into a speed based psychic sweep soon. The meta isn't kind to trick with all the hard counters and stalls that exist.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I think the greatest strength to SW/SH is the accessibility to competitive play.

It has never been easier to catch, breed and train up pokemon for endgame PvP. Pushing up the max rank tier in 2v2 with a trick room, but I think I need to swap into a speed based psychic sweep soon. The meta isn't kind to trick with all the hard counters and stalls that exist.
    Or they could just do it like Temtem, where pvp every pokemon has maxed ivs and only thing you need to pre-train are SVs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Or they could just do it like Temtem, where pvp every pokemon has maxed ivs and only thing you need to pre-train are SVs.
    See, you don't always want max IVs, so that wouldn't work.

Also simply handing everything to you removes a part of the experience. You don't build that team up yourself, while it's less RNG than it was, there's still something rewarding in seeing a team you crafted and worked on tear into others.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Welp. The Pokemon direct was literally just a "free to start mobile moba from tencent" because tencent bought the likeness rights to pokemon for the chinese market. People are "upset" to be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Welp. The Pokemon direct was literally just a "free to start mobile moba from tencent" because tencent bought the likeness rights to pokemon for the chinese market. People are "upset" to be kind.
    Only reason this was separate direct and wasn't announced last week is because Tencent bought their own presentation.

Last week this would have been tiny footnote under the massive boots of Pokémon Snap announcement.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would have taken lets go johto over that garbo. But at least i will save 60 bucks this November

Why didn't they relocate Snap to this aswell? That's atleast a game people have been asking for decades. Still weird it was cramped in with all the mobile stuff of lasts presentation and would've had more than one single game, which enivetable leads to people not being like "what a shit show!" because there's atleast something people wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Why didn't they relocate Snap to this aswell? That's atleast a game people have been asking for decades. Still weird it was cramped in with all the mobile stuff of lasts presentation and would've had more than one single game, which enivetable leads to people not being like "what a shit show!" because there's atleast something people wanted
    This wasn't for us this was for asia. We are the tertiary market for this at best and bonus income. This is a product primarily for china and east asia and will probably make a killing there. Tencent needed their 'prestige' video and The Pokemon Company gets more good boy points with the CCP.

Diablo Immortal basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uf 120 hours in total just for main game (like 98% completed on characters on lvl 95 max....2-3 quests missing to complete and few 100+ superbosses left).

Doing future connected now. (i realy recomend you finish main game 1.st, as start of it instantly spoils last boss)

I think the problem with the announcement was the way it was setup.

maybe theyre just out of touch but i feel like somebody somewhere should've like wrote down a note and been like "uhhh this isnt gonna be what most people are expecting and theyre gonna be upset"

they definitely made it seem like we were getting a main game announcement
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552