Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why did they go with Sira Moonwarden?

I have been hearing that Sira Moonwarden is going to be treated like trash by Nathanos in the upcoming book. Her transformation was rushed and the elune abandoned us angle came out of nowhere. So why did they go with Sira to show elune in a bad light I wonder.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-06-23 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    Sira Moonwarden is going to be treated like trash by Nathanos in the upcoming book.
    I'm not sure that makes her unique. Nathanos treats everybody like trash except Sylvanas (who is probably the one person he knows who should be treated like trash).

I suppose they chose Sira because she's not a character anyone was going to get particularly upset over getting killed and raised forsaken but still vaguely recognizable as "that one warden NPC that kept giving me world quests in Legion".

I have been hearing that Sira Moonwarden is going to be treated like trash by Nathanos in the upcoming book. Her transformation was rushed and the elune abandoned us angle came out of nowhere. So why did they go with Sira to show elune in a bad light I wonder.
    I just hope that they kill her off in the book. She is just an undead version of Cordana Felsong. Not sure if she got a fanbase, but I'm feeling sorry for them.

that whole thing with Sira was kinda dumb anyway

suddenly she's like "oh yeah I hate the wardens by the way" while they were trying their hardest to push a "undead aren't mind controlled" narrative. You can't have it both way without stepping into bad writing

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Sira moonwarden is most wasted character development of bfa. She was second in charge warden who has been hunting most dangerous entities across whole azeroth for somewhere around 10k years. Survived few burning legion invasions, fel orc invasion, captured few general level demons/eredars, few old God minions, crazed elementals, mages and so on, and died to undead archer boy. Whole Elune abandoned us was most stupid plot I ever seen in wow.
    About novel. I think writers yet have to resolve logic problem with Elune is bad plot and why she(sira) still work with her murderers at all. I think that it will to arbiter is bad, not elune situation, somehow. Yet it still less logical than maievXillidan fanfic.

https://blizzardwatch.com/2020/06/22...ovel-nathanos/
    blizzardwatch has exclusive excerpt of the new novel that has Sira and Nathanos talking about stuff like that
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    i'm still surprised why she's still working with teldrassil,s murdurers.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
    https://blizzardwatch.com/2020/06/22...ovel-nathanos/
    blizzardwatch has exclusive excerpt of the new novel that has Sira and Nathanos talking about stuff like that
    So her role in the book is to show how "cool" Nathanos is? Sigh. I still remeber how awesome King described wardens in "Illidan", but this is just a joke.

What they did to Sira is the most annoying thing to me in all of BfA. If anything, she is one of the most logical wardens, considering she is chosen to represent them during Legion as a kind of spokesperson with the players, absolutely not siding with the horde and probably not with the Alliance either (willingly) in a war. It's so ridiculous to see her loss of faith, it makes absolutely 0 sense and only some kind of stupid mind control could ever explain it. I already thought Cordana's fall was silly (another confused writing moment as they changed Maiev's arc) and don't even get me started on Delaryn and her instant undead stockholm syndrome. I could actually see a gradual erosion or leaving the conflict, but to instantly side with the people who just caused your loss of faith is just unbelievable. Literally the only 'plausible' explanation is mind control.

Anyway, as you can probably tell it incenses me a bit how they setup BfA by basically running all over the night elves and because they need to tell the story in a really confined space ingame without enough writing in the game, most of it kind of becomes a plot thing where everything happens to force the plot forwards. I think this is also partly why Nathanos is so disliked, because he often is the foil that rides these forced plot moments. If they actually use her even more for this in the novel I don't even know what to say :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tupolew519 View Post
    Whatever kind of mind control / mind break Sylvanas applied to her new Night Elven slaves seems to make them believe that it is Elune's fault through inaction that everyone burned not Sylvanas' for actually starting the fire.
    Much like with Delaryn her joining the Banshee makes no sense at all, but it was some extra drama and another way to piss off the Night Elf fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Whatever kind of mind control / mind break Sylvanas applied to her new Night Elven slaves seems to make them believe that it is Elune's fault through inaction that everyone burned not Sylvanas' for actually starting the fire.
    Much like with Delaryn her joining the Banshee makes no sense at all, but it was some extra drama and another way to piss off the Night Elf fans.
    Well Tyrande thinks its Elunes fault too so... idk.. personally I don't like it but its something that will be resolved in SL aswell I guess.

10+ Year Old Account

So are you going to come out as Necroxis9's alt-account here?

Once again you are re-posting every tweet from Necroxis' Twitter -- which you just were banned for by the way - so I have to ask: when will you admit you are actually Necroxis?

https://twitter.com/Necroxis9/status...00268217860096

I don't have much of an issue trying to turn Sira Moonwarden into a Forsaken Night Elf. I would have been open to it if it had been done in an interesting way.

But the way they chose felt so sloppy, and they then have to keep working around her nonsensical plotline going forward
    (I don't fault Madeleine for having to write that in Shadows Rising, but just in general the choice to do it in 8.1 was just bad.

The criticism I DO have about the excerpt is Sira just being treated like shit by Nathanos and we're supposed to pretend that it's cool or fine)

Would have suited Maiev a lot better, but I think people would have moaned that Maiev went full villain, after the moans about Fandral and Illidan going villain, so they chose a relative unknown.

Barely known character with a link to Maiev, that could easily be thrown under the bus

3+ Year Old Account
    Because they want to kill her off in the book?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Because they needed another forsaken character who would still be willing to be allied with Sylvanas after this whole mess. They didn't exactly get off on the right foot with Zelling, so he's not coming along for the road trip. Or Marshal Valentine would've been a great asset too-oh wait.

As for Nathanos "treating them like garbage" if he can get away with doing that to someone with a nuclear reactor of magical power around their neck capable of firing god-killing lasers, he'll do it to a warden.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-06-24 at 06:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

They should've gone with Delaryn, if anyone - as a parallel of Sylvanas she gives ample room to have Sylvanas take her as a protege, and thus give us an insight into her character along with having Delaryn ultimately reject her and become a major character opposing her later is a natural conclusion of such a storyline. But they instead had Delaryn and the undead night leves find salvation in a holy undead human princess for whatever reason, so that door was shut, hence the reason Sira was chosen.

Sira is extremely disliked, so having her stay on Sylvanas's side gives someone for Nathanos to bounce off of who can also be killed without too much issue. Could she be done well? Eh, I guess, but it'd be extremely bleak stuff - play up the sheer amount of spite someone would have to make the choice she did, how she hated being a Warden, hated having to live up to that ideal and hated Tyrande for killing the Wardens to free Illidan, making 10k years of her life meaningless. Thus you personalize the dislike for Elune as well - she doesn't dislike Elune because she abandoned Sira by itself, that's just an excuse - she hates Elune for choosing Tyrande, the same person who to her twisted worldview would have wasted millennia of Sira's life on a whim and killed those close to her in that prison and whom she then had to smile and play nice with, culminating in Sira getting mobbed by undead and Tyrande coming in just in time to show off, but not in time to keep her from seeing how her afterlife is eternal torment.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-06-24 at 06:41 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupolew519 View Post
    Simple: They blame Tyrande and Elune for letting it happen. We've never been given any reason to think they like Sylvanas, but she points them in the direction of their bloodthirsty vengeance. I'm sure we'll get plenty of banter elaborating on this stuff in the book.

Two characters full of self-loathing and loathing for each other, truly a match made in hell.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-06-24 at 06:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Would have suited Maiev a lot better, but I think people would have moaned that Maiev went full villain, after the moans about Fandral and Illidan going villain, so they chose a relative unknown.
    Fandral, maybe... Even if everything went pretty much offscreen (someone who didn't read Stormrage would be at quite a loss trying to understand why Fandral was a raid boss in Firelands), but Illidan? Sure, he was thrown under the bus in BC for some strange reason, but Legion was a huge "in the end Illidan did nothing wrong" show. I used to like Illidan before Legion, but that expansion really soured him in my eyes :/
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    It would have suited absolutely no one :
    The trop of "undeads have stockholm syndrom x1000" is not only terrible itself, but it also makes no sense in the lore as well : The entire story of Syvlanas + the Forsaken is about how they hate the LK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    They should've gone with Delaryn, if anyone - as a parallel of Sylvanas .
    I don't remember the part where Sylvanas wanted to become Arthas' pet