Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Imagine if ThrallxJaina became a real thing.
    It should. That made a lot more sense than Jaina randomly invading Durotar while Thrall went on a cruise next to Kezan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    Nathanos came into the spotlight when Sylvanas was elevated. He is an important part of her character, and these two are scheming together so it makes sense for him to be a bit more involved. Much in the way Saurfang got more attention because he was the opposing force.

As for his fight with Tyrande: He had the aide of two val'kyr AND Azeroth's champion and the new night elf dark rangers. Do I think he could/should stand toe to toe with her? hell no. But i think they did it from a gameplay point of view. Can't have him dip out just as soon as he saw her. Had to get the valk to die, and the interaction with the new night elf dark rangers. He fucked off when he knew he was losing.
    Champion of Azeroth should be able to defeat Tyrande.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    It should. That made a lot more sense than Jaina randomly invading Durotar while Thrall went on a cruise next to Kezan.
    But....but...poor Jaina!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Funny how he wasn't involved in the slyvanas stories in wrath and cata despite existing since vanilla. Funny how he started rising to prominence largely in legion and mostly in BFA. Funny how Steve Betauser started working for blizzard a year and a half before legion was released.

What an amazing set of coincidences.
    One could ask why did Jaina get cool white hair and super powers right after Golden got into power.

- - - Updated - - -

But....but...poor Jaina!
    Poor Jaina. No character had so mature and tragic story like her.

Likely because no other character killed his own father to maintain peace only to invade later anyway.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

He's rude to me and is snarky. His head belongs on a pike like all other forsaken undead abominations of nature filth.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    One could ask why did Jaina get cool white hair and super powers right after Golden got into power.

- - - Updated - - -

Poor Jaina. No character had so mature and tragic story like her.

Likely because no other character killed his own father to maintain peace only to invade later anyway.
    I don't mean emotionally.

I meant physically Poor Jaina!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

I'm seeing a lot of hate for the character, but I don't really understand it.

Some say he's grown to powerful for no reason. How has he grown in power since his inception as a world boss in Vanilla WoW? He got a pretty new face, but I don't really see any power growth.

Some say his character depth is too shallow. I think he's the perfect henchman. He's not a main character, so why would they put more emphasis than needed on him? He is Jorah Mormont (Simp, great fighter, snarky asshole to anyone but his lady). But this is just my opinion. Story writing, I don't think he has done anything out of character.

He's a self insert. Well so is Thrall, and most people loved him from WC3 up until he kill stealed. That and how much is Nathanos really like Steve, I doubt very much at all. And aren't these tweets fairly new? Today is the first time I'm even hearing about this......seems like you really had to dig for something outside of the game to justify your distaste for a character.

He talks too damn much with WQ. Big True, get addons to shut that up though.

So can anyone explain to me how he is a bad character THAT IS NOT based on pure opinion? Let's see some facts boys.
    "I think he's the perfect henchman" - Henchman character arc types can be their own characters with their own desires and motivations just as, if not better than other main characters look at almost any good scifi/fantasty lately, G'kar from Babylon 5 started as a Henchman he would try to get his way and he was willing to kill people, but he became one of the greatest if not the greatest character by the end, Expanse all the "OPA" characters who get screen time all have reasons and backstories and as we understand their world the ones who looked the more inviting where the worst people.. while the hostile ones in a way where the best of them.. so many examples.

"He's a self insert. Well so is Thrall" a lot of people pushed back vs "Green jesus" and thus he isn't really around anymore he's making moves outside of a character insert Nathanos hasn't recently nor do we even know of a time when he did.. his background is massively unexplored and i feel that is a failing too.. perhaps a stronger romance with the dark lady would flesh him out more.

Most things are based on "opinion" in my opinion you need to check out dune.. babylon 5.. the expanse.. loads of others that elevate characters who could be henchmen into characters, its understandable he loves the dark lady and does anything she says but when we don't understand the reasoning its hard to get into his mind space, as far as being rude i think player characters are too elevated by self importance lately anyway so taking them down a peg is fine, and he never spoke to us like we were worthless until he got into the number 2 spot where his mouth could be backed up.
    I doubt they have any plan to redeem him, but every decent character in media (even mostly in wow) have backgrounds reasons thoughts, nathanos's current character arc could be a line or he could be replaced by brainless zombies.

oh and "Jorah Mormont" is a decent character outside of his thirst.. lol
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

I don't mean emotionally.

I meant physically Poor Jaina!
    Stress made her hair grey out.

I think he's perfect for the role he plays, every villain has a lackey. I don't know what people expected?

I can only speak for myself here. I don't like Nathanos simply because he is written to be way way stronger than he should be. He is just a Dark Ranger General but somehow he can go toe-to-toe with a strengthened, Tyrande (who is well known as one of the strongest beings on Azeroth) and Malfurion who is a demi-god? It's not that I don't like him personally but I don't think he has any back story as to why he is suddenly godmode powerful.
    The way he is written currently really hurts the story as it isn't believable, at all.
    Last edited by Hellafurious; 2020-06-24 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    "I think he's the perfect henchman" - Henchman character arc types can be their own characters with their own desires and motivations just as, if not better than other main characters look at almost any good scifi/fantasty lately, G'kar from Babylon 5 started as a Henchman he would try to get his way and he was willing to kill people, but he became one of the greatest if not the greatest character by the end, Expanse all the "OPA" characters who get screen time all have reasons and backstories and as we understand their world the ones who looked the more inviting where the worst people.. while the hostile ones in a way where the best of them.. so many examples.

"He's a self insert. Well so is Thrall" a lot of people pushed back vs "Green jesus" and thus he isn't really around anymore he's making moves outside of a character insert Nathanos hasn't recently nor do we even know of a time when he did.. his background is massively unexplored and i feel that is a failing too.. perhaps a stronger romance with the dark lady would flesh him out more.

Most things are based on "opinion" in my opinion you need to check out dune.. babylon 5.. the expanse.. loads of others that elevate characters who could be henchmen into characters, its understandable he loves the dark lady and does anything she says but when we don't understand the reasoning its hard to get into his mind space, as far as being rude i think player characters are too elevated by self importance lately anyway so taking them down a peg is fine, and he never spoke to us like we were worthless until he got into the number 2 spot where his mouth could be backed up.
    I doubt they have any plan to redeem him, but every decent character in media (even mostly in wow) have backgrounds reasons thoughts, nathanos's current character arc could be a line or he could be replaced by brainless zombies.

oh and "Jorah Mormont" is a decent character outside of his thirst.. lol
    Oh I absolutely agree he's not the most well thought out or interesting character. But that doesn't make me hate his character. Anduin is more fleshed out and I dislike him because he's a whiny child without any grit, a flacid leader.

I like the change of pace with Nathanos, being a witty dick. We don't see any of his inner monologue, and i'm hoping this new book will shed some light on that.

The shit about the self insert, I'm just not seeing it. It's quite a stretch. Like I've never met the dude, but I get 0% Nathanos out of Danuser. I just think it's a WoW employee having fun on twitter.

And are you referring to show Jorah, or book Jorah? Cuz he's not far off from book Jorah. Not saying they are identical, but share a lot of core characteristics.

Oh I absolutely agree he's not the most well thought out or interesting character. But that doesn't make me hate his character. Anduin is more fleshed out and I dislike him because he's a whiny child without any grit, a flacid leader.

I like the change of pace with Nathanos, being a witty dick. We don't see any of his inner monologue, and i'm hoping this new book will shed some light on that.

The shit about the self insert, I'm just not seeing it. It's quite a stretch. Like I've never met the dude, but I get 0% Nathanos out of Danuser. I just think it's a WoW employee having fun on twitter.
    The guy says "this is me, in a dark mirror". How much clearer does he have to make it?

Aren't all of the other Dark Rangers female? Or at least, Elven?
    No, there's a male or two.

and dark skin/red eyes is from the process, not something elven in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Careful. We weren't allowed to post this last time.

Nathanos is a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because he talks down to player characters without anything to back up his arrogant attitude.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

I feel like he is just too exposed. Many of the scenes where he is active could have been another Horde NPC. The problem though? There aren't many to choose from.

rofl so many people butthurt about an npc that doesn't fellate you instantly.

Game needs more nathanos characters, tbh.
    Like I said, Nathanos is Shaw; loyal to the hand that feeds him and nothing else.

The fact that you think I was talking about Thrall kill stealing Mannoroth and not the fucking obvious choice of Deathwing, the most infamous kill steal ever, shows me you do not have the skills equipped for a constructive conversation of this topic.

No one, and I mean literally no one, has ever accused Thrall of kill stealing Mannoroth......because he didn't fucking kill him. Grom did.
    The fact that you left it incredibly vague, and said what you did led me to believe you though. What you said, was... "He's a self insert. Well so is Thrall, and most people loved him from WC3 up until he kill stealed."

Do a better job of specifying, rather than expect everyone else to just know what you're talking about. And to be fairly honest, Deathwing was not a kill-steal. Garrosh was. Canonically speaking, without Thrall, we would not have been able to kill Deathwing. Most people's problem with Cataclysm where Thrall was concerned is not that everything was good right up until Green Jesus put the final nail in Deathwing's coffin, but we had everything under control and didn't really need him. It was that the entire expansion seemed like "World of Warcraft, the Adventures of Thrall". What happened at the end of Siege of Orgrimmar pissed us all off far more than Deathwing.

So, before you go making assumptions like that, you might want to think, when you make assumptions, what you're doing is making an ass out of you, and someone name Umption, which really has nothing to do with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    rofl so many people butthurt about an npc that doesn't fellate you instantly.

Game needs more nathanos characters, tbh.
    Like I said, Nathanos is Shaw; loyal to the hand that feeds him and nothing else.
    Except people don't hate Mathias Shaw. Some of that reasoning is because he doesn't expect you to be ok with being used as an expendable pawn, and make damned sure you understand your place, as a lowly peon. I can't wait to see that fucker get shanked.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    The fact that you left it incredibly vague, and said what you did led me to believe you though. What you said, was... "He's a self insert. Well so is Thrall, and most people loved him from WC3 up until he kill stealed."

Do a better job of specifying, rather than expect everyone else to just know what you're talking about. And to be fairly honest, Deathwing was not a kill-steal. Garrosh was. Canonically speaking, without Thrall, we would not have been able to kill Deathwing. Most people's problem with Cataclysm where Thrall was concerned is not that everything was good right up until Green Jesus put the final nail in Deathwing's coffin, but we had everything under control and didn't really need him. It was that the entire expansion seemed like "World of Warcraft, the Adventures of Thrall". What happened at the end of Siege of Orgrimmar pissed us all off far more than Deathwing.

So, before you go making assumptions like that, you might want to think, when you make assumptions, what you're doing is making an ass out of you, and someone name Umption, which really has nothing to do with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Except people don't hate Mathias Shaw. Some of that reasoning is because he doesn't expect you to be ok with being used as an expendable pawn, and make damned sure you understand your place, as a lowly peon. I can't wait to see that fucker get shanked.
    The only difference between shaw and nathanos is that shaw wants to suck your dick and nathanos doesn't.
    not everyone has to be nice to you, roflmao

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    The only difference between shaw and nathanos is that shaw wants to suck your dick and nathanos doesn't.
    not everyone has to be nice to you, roflmao
    I don't think he's gay for you. That would be like saying Taelia actually just wants to fuck you. I don't believe that either. Shaw's a professional. He doesn't tell you how bad he wishes you would have died doing the work of his good for jack shit Banshee Queen. That's the real difference.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

i have been reading a lot about him being a self insert in this thread.
    wouldn't that mean it's danuser shit-talking the playerbase every time nathanos speaks down to the PCs?