Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    characters but still more developed and much better than Lev/Lily.
    Bro you literally just deadnamed him. I understand this might be an innocent mistake on your part and you may not realize it's bad, but you should correct it before we continue the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I admit I am not a part of this game's community, but the only reason I really know about it is because of all the drama surrounding it currently and how disappointed everybody seems to be with it. Hell I can't escape it it's so big atm.

To call it a success, regardless of what critical reviews say, is a bit folly dontchya think? (and people have an agenda against literally everything so don't throw that out there as some sort of excuse)
    Your statements are contradictory and fallacious.

In reply, you say "everybody" to presented data that clearly not "everybody" is disappointed with the game.

Then you say calling the game a success is folly in direct example the game is one of the best selling titles ever.

Hm. Doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    It's at 4.4 on Metacritic, according to 76,000 people
    Oh man, no greater metric then a bunch of anonymous scores, with no verification on their ability to judge the game, where you don't even have to type a review. What an amazing metric you're talking about here and acting like I care about it?

Guess what, even after MC removes the bombs(which they will in weeks like they did with Astral Chain), I still will give a rats ass what that score says even though it will be much, much higher. Because MC user score is the most worthless metric for a game you could possibly look at.

I do pay attention to dialogs excuse me mister "I know it all and my opinion better than you guy"

Listen I know it was explained but it was still not well fleshed out you can't compare character like Lev to someone like Owen or Jesse or hell even Mel these are still secondary minor characters but still more developed and much better than Lev/Lily. Just because my opinion is different than you doesn't give you the right to belittle me or anyone else. Don't like it? shut the fuck up and move on.

Yes the hospital scene started with one guard that is true but my point stand that he shouldn't drop his guard because he was in scout mission which makes him prepared for the worst really.
    How about this, walk us through how you think things could have been different had Joel simply kept his guard up keeping in mind you can't simply change anything leading up to when they arrived at the house because during a life or death situation Tommy and Joel had no reason to hide their names from someone they needed to trust them so they could make it out of the desperate situation they were in.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I do pay attention to dialogs excuse me mister "I know it all and my opinion better than you guy"

Listen I know it was explained but it was still not well fleshed out you can't compare character like Lev to someone like Owen or Jesse or hell even Mel these are still secondary minor characters but still more developed and much better than Lev/Lily. Just because my opinion is different than you doesn't give you the right to belittle me or anyone else. Don't like it? shut the fuck up and move on.

Yes the hospital scene started with one guard that is true but my point stand that he shouldn't drop his guard because he was in scout mission which makes him prepared for the worst really.
    Just curious because of what you said in a earlier post is your problem that lev wasn’t shown more/fleshed out more or that his trans part wasn’t?

I would agree with the former but not the latter if that’s the case.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-06-24 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    What gives the 119 people in your article more credibility than the 76,000 in mine? Tell you what - let's be extremely generous and say half the reviews on metacrtic are bullshit (which is completely unprovable but I'm throwing you a bone here)

That still means well over 30,000 people don't like the game versus the 119 in your article who do. Simple, isn't it?
    Somehow TLOU managed to get 20,000 user reviews total across 2 versions and 7 years. TLOU2 got 76k in less then a week. The fact you think the vast majority aren't bombs is actually quite hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    How about this, walk us through how you think things could have been different had Joel simply kept his guard up keeping in mind you can't simply change anything leading up to when they arrived at the house because during a life or death situation Tommy and Joel had no reason to hide their names from someone they needed to trust them so they could make it out of the desperate situation they were in.
    I will explain again:

I have no issue at all on Joel dying or the way he died really. Yes the result will be the same even if his guard is up but it will be better showing him not being dumb and stupid really. As I said someone like him who survived over 20+ years of this post apocalyptic world and killed hundred if not thousands of people. Someone with his experience would have known or think and tell himself "hey I killed a lot of people I know it is only matter of time before someone will eventually want my blood" again as I said this is from someone who survived many years in this world so he should have known or have ideas at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Just curious because of what you said in a earlier post is your problem that lev wasn’t shown more/fleshed out more or that his trans part wasn’t?

I would agree with the former but not the latter if that’s the case.
    Yes I am talking about the development of Lev as a character not fleshed out enough compare to secondary characters like Owen or Mel.

I was just thinking, TLOU 2 has a lot of the qualities you find in a certain type of fanfic. Like, if there were no official TLOU 2 game, and someone played TLOU and just... hated Joel, considered him the awful irredeemable villain of the piece, think Ellie is a gullible sap and will probably be ruined by having ever spent any amount of time with Joel? And you wanted to write a story to prove your theory? TLOU 2 would be that story. Complete with super-phenomenal original character whose motives are aligned with the authors and is just too much for all the major characters of the franchise. Basically it's officially licensed hatefic about the original game - "oh, won't let Ellie die for the cure? Welp, now Joel is dead and Ellie is broken and alone, take THAT"

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes I am talking about the development of Lev as a character not fleshed out enough compare to secondary characters like Owen or Mel.
    Ya lev seems to be a bit shafted in that regard the game tells you abunch about them but you don’t actually get to deep into them as a character which seems like a shame, I’m sure people will disagree but it would have been nice if the part before they were captured was longer so they could have got deeper into him when there wasn’t abunch of pressing threats.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I said everybody seems to be dissapointed with it. As a turn of phrase which is ridiculously common usage when speaking/writing. And I asked a question I didn't "say" anything about it being folly, as in the context of said drama that is currently inescapable, hell even Forbes came out with an article describing how bad the game is.

Ya'll are being overly defensive as hell I didn't mean to come piss in anybody's Cheerios yeesh. I wonder who has the real agenda here
    Well, let me say upfront that I misread your second part of the post wherein you were asking a question. I read that as rhetorical. I was genuinely unsure of your tone hence the, "Hm. Doesn't make sense" portion of my post. Because it did read contradictory to me.

I apologize for my error in that regard.

I also understand you used the phrasing, 'seems' but in context it reads you are making a declarative statement. You say this is not the intent and I will take you at your word on that but would argue (if it is important to you) that even saying "seems to be..." is not correct.

The majority of critical press is in praise of the game and it is a hot selling item.

Forbes praised the game, the reviewer yesterday called it, "Important", "One of the best games they played in years.", and said they loved it.

Here is the closing paragraph of the Forbes review;
    But it’s stunning. It’s important. And it’s a deeply well-told story to the point where I genuinely cannot fathom why anyone who has fully beaten the game, not just heard the spoilers, not just watched a streamer snark their way through it or watched ripped YouTube cutscenes, doesn’t appreciate what it has achieved here. But again, I can only offer my own opinion and my own defense of what I think is a must-play as a huge fan of the original, even as someone who loved the characters they’ve murdered and maimed and morally compromised here. It’s remarkable, and it will stay with me a long while, just like the first.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I was just thinking, TLOU 2 has a lot of the qualities you find in a certain type of fanfic. Like, if there were no official TLOU 2 game, and someone played TLOU and just... hated Joel, considered him the awful irredeemable villain of the piece, think Ellie is a gullible sap and will probably be ruined by having ever spent any amount of time with Joel? And you wanted to write a story to prove your theory? TLOU 2 would be that story. Complete with super-phenomenal original character whose motives are aligned with the authors and is just too much for all the major characters of the franchise. Basically it's officially licensed hatefic about the original game - "oh, won't let Ellie die for the cure? Welp, now Joel is dead and Ellie is broken and alone, take THAT"
    Yet the game paints Joel in a pretty good light even with what he did in the first game with pretty much every flash back baring one having him be a caring dad like figure.Abbie on the other hand is shown to have very real flaws and you see how getting her revenge not only breaks up her social group before ellie even shows up but how it’s ultimately the downfall of every one she knows and cares about.

If they were just trying to make “hatefic” as you put it then they did a really bad job.

Back to the actual game; Jesse and Owen are the only mildly decent human beings in this whole saga of awful people.

After the thing with Owen and you-know-who, I was like, "This is some The Road 'we are the flame'-type shit."

Its so timely too with the current pandemic. I mean take a look at the complete loss of rational thought from the toilet paper crisis to armed yahoos shouting about haircuts and cops murdering PoCs people willy-nilly. I

We even have a 'law-free' zone in Seattle right now IRL in CHOP.

Its only been like 3-4 months of this pandemic.

I went to a lecture on Wim Wenders films once and the professor got around to talking after the lecture and said to me, "Great art always is relevant to the time it was made in."

Its really coming to the fore of my mind when I see the way TLOU2 expressed its ideas through Owen, Abby and Jesse and Dina.

Edit: Also, OMG Abby is so jacked its comical. She is literally and figuratively killing people with her massive guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Edit: Also, OMG Abby is so jacked its comical. She is literally and figuratively killing people with her massive guns.
    Abby is the female version of the stereotypical dude who is so overmuscled he has no neck, and I am so incredibly here for this. In part because it's a bit silly, but also because having more women who aren't functional barbie dolls in a sea of barbie dolls is a bit of fresh air.

I still need to play the first one.

I typically disregard controversial review nonsense involving story, but apparently this title is excessively long and sparse for the story its trying to tell.

Any confirmation with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Abby is the female version of the stereotypical dude who is so overmuscled he has no neck, and I am so incredibly here for this. In part because it's a bit silly, but also because having more women who aren't functional barbie dolls in a sea of barbie dolls is a bit of fresh air.
    I agree with you, but also good goddamn, Abby!

This woman came to BOX. At one point I was just throwing hands at fat zombie in an arcade and my cousin said, "She is that bitch."

I never seen an original character female lead in a game quite like Abby.

The only things I can think of comparable that I have seen are like Sarah Connor and Gina Carrano in Haywire.

I agree with you, but also good goddamn, Abby!

This woman came to BOX. At one point I was just throwing hands at fat zombie in an arcade and my cousin said, "She is that bitch."

I never seen an original character female lead in a game quite like Abby.

The only things I can think of comparable that I have seen are like Sarah Connor and Gina Carrano in Haywire.
    Nadine in Uncharted 4/LL is closest comparison, similar build and also a bad ass that whoop's Nathan's ass a few times. You don't get to play as her though which is a shame, even in The Lost Legacy where she is an even bigger focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post

I typically disregard controversial review nonsense involving story, but apparently this title is excessively long and sparse for the story its trying to tell.

I'm about 20 hours into the game and from what I gather I'm not that far from the end.

The story is great so far. There time jumps and flashbacks that muddle some of the narrative toward the middle. But so far the game has paid off the parts that seemed open ended in the segments that were at first unclear or incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post

The game will range from 30 hours for a full thorough play through trying to get as close to 100% as possible to sub 20 for people just focusing on main story path. While I do think their is a bit of fat they could of trimmed, it's really a minor critique at most as most of the content that is there, is vital to telling the story they are telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nadine in Uncharted 4/LL is closest comparison, similar build and also a bad ass that whoop's Nathan's ass a few times. You don't get to play as her though which is a shame, even in The Lost Legacy where she is an even bigger focus.
    Yea, Nadine is cool. But she wasn't the lead. Abby is a lead and you play as her. Thats pretty refreshing/surprising.

My daughter has also never seen a woman portrayed like Abby and she is super into watching me play this game as a result.

I'm about 20 hours into the game and from what I gather I'm not that far from the end.

The story is great so far. There time jumps and flashbacks that muddle some of the narrative toward the middle. But so far the game has paid off the parts that seemed open ended in the segments that were at first unclear or incomplete.
    cool, my roomate has part 2 and i still have a sealed part one i bought 2 years ago, maybe ill just play it soonish