Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Germantown?

Wow, you're close. I saw a bunch in Menomonee Falls wherever I go. It tends to be close to a 50/50 mix. In Pewaukee, it's like 1 in 5 are wearing masks.

I've tried to contain my shopping to Costco's as necessary and I try to avoid places where masks aren't required.
    wausaus less then 1 in 8 right now
    Last edited by Canpinter; 2020-06-24 at 08:57 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    You have this backwards, here. "With prejudice" would mean that the case could not be tried again. "Without prejudice" means almost a clean sweep, as if it never happened, which means that the charges could be freely refiled without triggering double jeopardy.
    Yeah - my bad. Just a typo, albeit a significant one, lol.

When you get a spike in Covid cases a great leader will....

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/24/coro...est-sites.html
    Coronavirus: Federal government will end funding for 13 community-based Covid-19 test sites, most in Texas

….ummm…..
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    The Trump admin. plans to end federal funding and support for coronavirus testing sites at the end of this month,
    Trump administration ending support for 7 Texas testing sites as coronavirus cases spike

The Trump administration is ending its support for 13 coronavirus testing sites across the country at the end of the month, including seven in Texas, as COVID-19 cases continue to spike in a number of areas nationwide.

Several Texas officials are calling on the administration to extend the support for the sites, with the Houston Health Department’s public health authority writing that the lack of support could cause “catastrophic cascading consequences.” Officials are requesting the funding for these testing locations be extended until Aug. 30.

Four of the seven Texas sites in jeopardy are in Houston and Harris County, which public experts say could become the area worst hit by COVID-19 in the country.

Two of those sites can conduct up to 500 tests per day, which officials say make up the backbone of the city’s testing efforts, The Houston Chronicle reported. Houston has 27 testing sites with most conducting 100 to 250 tests per day.

The other three Texas sites funded by the federal government are split between Dallas, which has two, and El Paso, which has one.
    Texas saw a new record on Tuesday, which was higher than the new record they set Monday.

Few more.

1) Trump also just sued a PAC for launching an ad which is basically Trump saying "hoax" over and over, while the body count climbs.

2) And local sources report cases shot up in Tulsa county by 90 percent --

"There's no way Trump's rally had that effect yet!"

Indeed. This was just before the rally. Basically, Trump's rabid fanbase was walking into an ambush.

3) Barr agrees to testify before the House. Can't wait to read the excuse he gives when he doesn't show up. Incidentally, Nadler threatened to subpoena him, so it better be a really good excuse -- I'd like to believe that, if Barr doesn't show and there's a contempt charge, Barr doesn't get to handle that.

4) The Senate GOP police bill fails to advance on a 55-45 vote.

5) Biden leads Trump by 8 in Wisconsin.

6) And in the ongoing effort to bury Phase One even deeper, Team Trump has prepared a list of Chinese companies they say are tied to the Chinese military -- and they're probably right, it's China. So, expect Trump to sanction them, and in return, expect his Cabinet to say "China is still bigly buying yuge" a lot less while refusing to make eye contact. As recently as 2 days ago Kudlow reversed to say "Oh, you meant that trade deal. Yeah, it's still on." There's no evidence for this of course, and meanwhile, Trump continues to take actions that will directly hurt trade with China, and therefore, the US economy, during a lethal outbreak that has -20% or more GDP written all over Q2.

Germantown?

Wow, you're close. I saw a bunch in Menomonee Falls wherever I go. It tends to be close to a 50/50 mix. In Pewaukee, it's like 1 in 5 are wearing masks.

I've tried to contain my shopping to Costco's as necessary and I try to avoid places where masks aren't required.
    Not been to the Falls yet. Interesting that it is about 50/50 - that's about where Milwaukee is.

I don't know what the deal is in Germantown. I stopped for gas the other day on the way home at a pretty busy gas station. Literally not one person wearing a mask outside of me and the gas station staff (who have no choice as their employer forces it). I saw probably two dozen people come out from inside while filling up.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I live in Cali and I can tell you what’s happening.

No one is wearing a mask or following the rules to reduce the risks of infection.

As soon as counties reopened it all went to shit.
    Yeah, I'm in San Diego and that's pretty much the story. Lots of people ignoring masks, my girlfriend's conservative family all scoff and laugh at it, they're not afraid of "the flu." The local Facebook groups are a real shitshow of people mobbing against anyone calling for social distancing or masks. "Waaaahhhh we want to go back to normal," or "omg de makss is giving u co2 poisoning" or "well actually the US is testing more and that's the problem."

Thank you Trump for heavily politicizing basic public health. Really can't see the end of this regime soon enough, but of course he'll still be tweeting no matter what, and his fan base will still be shitting on this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    I wonder if this forum allows an image from facebook to be hotlinked?

Christ, what a cunt. I would take the refunds and not return TBH.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Not been to the Falls yet. Interesting that it is about 50/50 - that's about where Milwaukee is.

I don't know what the deal is in Germantown. I stopped for gas the other day on the way home at a pretty busy gas station. Literally not one person wearing a mask outside of me and the gas station staff (who have no choice as their employer forces it). I saw probably two dozen people come out from inside while filling up.
    Too many maga-tards there. Literally when things were bad and stores had a single entrance/exit, we had a lot of jackasses purposefully avoiding cart areas used to block off the entrances and walking out the wrong entrance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Christ, what a cunt. I would take the refunds and not return TBH.
    He was told not to return.

On topic: NC governor issues face mask order.

Quote Originally Posted by Shkar View Post
    Quick update from Michigan, for anyone interested:

The state has largely opened up, after locking down aggressively. Cases dropped massively due to the proactive precautions, and active cases are continuing to decline.

I have yet to see any conservative's apologize for all the posts they used to criticize "Emperor" Whitmer.
    Same thing here in NY. After having the biggest hotspot in the U.S., and Cuomo took serious measures, people called him a tyrant. Now, NY's curve looks like a lot of Europe, while the rest of the U.S. flounders its response. Cuomo used a 7 factor analysis for when you could enter a phase and didn't budge from it, and now even the protests from 2 weeks ago in NYC aren't resulting in new cases....because we took this seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    The only good thing is that the death rate isnt climbing at the same rate as the infection rate (compared to march-april) maybe the standard of care is better now?
    The deaths lag even further behind. We'll know in a few weeks. It's usually like 2 weeks from *hospitalization* (not positive test) that deaths either occur or the person is on the mend.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Same thing here in NY. After having the biggest hotspot in the U.S., and Cuomo took serious measures, people called him a tyrant. Now, NY's curve looks like a lot of Europe, while the rest of the U.S. flounders its response. Cuomo used a 7 factor analysis for when you could enter a phase and didn't budge from it, and now even the protests from 2 weeks ago in NYC aren't resulting in new cases....because we took this seriously.
    Well, to be fair, you HAD to "take it seriously", because the alternative would be most of you wiped out. As I said before, New York deaths account for a quarter of the national total. If you guys hadn't gotten it under control that could easily have been "half" or "most".

Sadly it seems like nothing short of that type of disaster is going to budge the ignorance lodged in the minds of a good many people out there. Until they're witnessing people they know/love falling over dead from the virus they're not going to understand the seriousness of the situation--and sometimes not even then.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I see 50% or more masks where I go, which is comforting.
    I see about 90% masks, here in upstate NY. We're used to blizzards, seems like masks don't really bother us. We just do what we gotta do.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Well, to be fair, you HAD to "take it seriously", because the alternative would be most of you wiped out. As I said before, New York deaths account for a quarter of the national total. If you guys hadn't gotten it under control that could easily have been "half" or "most".

Sadly it seems like nothing short of that type of disaster is going to budge the ignorance lodged in the minds of a good many people out there. Until they're witnessing people they know/love falling over dead from the virus they're not going to understand the seriousness of the situation--and sometimes not even then.
    Yeah that is a frustrating thing I hear a lot from the conservatives I know personally. "Oh it's overblown Zak, do you even know anyone who has COVID? I don't. Oh you do? Do you know anyone who has died from it. Didn't think so." As if that matters. It's all in this smug paternal tone too, like we're toddlers scared of our own shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    "Oh it's overblown Zak, do you even know anyone who has COVID? I don't. Oh you do? Do you know anyone who has died from it. Didn't think so." As if that matters. It's all in this smug paternal tone too, like we're toddlers scared of our own shadows.
    indeed. I don't know anyone who's been eaten by a tiger but I still wouldn't climb into a cage with one

I'm about 2 degrees separated from any deaths. My sister's best friend has lost both her father and her uncle to COVID. In California. The father and his brother were both in their 70s, though, so apparently it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    indeed. I don't know anyone who's been eaten by a tiger but I still wouldn't climb into a cage with one
    Oh give me a break, Tigers are basically just cats. We don't take any special measures against housecats. Are you afraid of kittens now? You even admit you've never met anyone who's been eaten by a tiger. Just another liberal scare tactic to take away my freedom to go wherever I want in a zoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Team Trump defends Trump slowing down testing.

We are not withdrawing support. We are providing federal support in a different way.
    "A different way" other than, of course, providing money, supplies, or people. So, moral support?

There is no reason that a locally unresponsive, bulky, parallel system needs to occur when the states could happily take these over, and they happily will
    So, the states will run it. Are there funds coming for state governments?

Fuck, no
    Didn't think so.

Unrelated: Nunes tried to sue Twitter because of parody accounts that mocked him. The case was dismissed because Constitution.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Team Trump defends Trump slowing down testing.
    We are not withdrawing support. We are providing federal support in a different way.
    "A different way" other than, of course, providing money, supplies, or people. So, moral support?
    Thoughts and prayers?

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Oh give me a break, Tigers are basically just cats. We don't take any special measures against housecats. Are you afraid of kittens now? You even admit you've never met anyone who's been eaten by a tiger. Just another liberal scare tactic to take away my freedom to go wherever I want in a zoo.
    But... Tigers have Covid…

- - - Updated - - -

Unrelated: Nunes tried to sue Twitter because of parody accounts that mocked him. The case was dismissed because Constitution.
    For someone who has the literal job of making laws, the man does not seem to understand how laws work. I understand the tactic of suing some poor nobody to scare him into silence (Not that it worked, Devin Nunes' Cow is made of higher quality beef), but what the hell did he hope to accomplish by throwing a suit this flimsy at Twitter? They have actual lawyers, they don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I understand the tactic of suing some poor nobody to scare him into silence (Not that it worked, Devin Nunes' Cow is made of higher quality beef), but what the hell did he hope to accomplish by throwing a suit this flimsy at Twitter? They have actual lawyers, they don't care.
    He wanted Twitter to reveal the account holder's identity, so Nunes could sue THEM into silence.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    He wanted Twitter to reveal the account holder's identity, so Nunes could sue THEM into silence.
    I think he knew that wasn't going to work. However, the fact the suit existed could easily be terrifying to some poor sap running a parody account. Getting sued is very scary. I got sued when I was a teenager, for a car accident I was at fault in. That shit is scary, it was flimsy case and I never paid a dime, and the lawyer told me that would be the case, but it was scary anyway.

However, the bright side of the situation is that the case actually wound up being one that set a very important precedent for internet privacy. So "Devin Nunes Vs. Devin Nunes' Cow" has a very good chance of actually being in the curriculum of future law students. Which is simply amazing.