Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well...I guess that really is terrible. As for your question of "why not now"? -Probably all the "Muh...they want you to spend more muneyz to please shareholders". How can you by now no have figured that out...this forum tells you daily....?
    It's been clarified that it works until cap.
    Didn't even take a month. But it only makes sense anyway as I pointed out.

Seems like you have to go down the "fck Blizz" path now as you've been proven wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    So does this mean I can get two cores a week from two full Vision clears?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has a tank alt with 470 corrupted gear, this is awsome for me, already have bis corruptions but no resistance .

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    This is horrible. Why can't we just keep buying Malefic Cores until we reach max corruption?

Doing a full vision + N'zoth takes literally no time at all.
    I don't think you know what literally means.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacness View Post
    I don't think you know what literally means.
    Doing a full vision no mask for a malefic core is like 10 mins tops.
    Killing N'zoth HC with the abundance of curved groups in group finder is also 10 mins from pressing queue to looting him.

I would consider that "literally no time at all" compared to farming 28000 echoes on a character with a base rank15 cape.

Mind you, echoes are also needed for essences (as an alt) OR corruption. So you sacrifice a lot by default.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is really stupid as pvpers and not alt friendly.

i think the most important thing is to make it faster from 1 to 12 so that people get this 3300 Intellect or Strength or Agility buff.
    How in the fuck am i going to make my alts now to play pvp ? i have to farm so much ass to get them lvl 12 not to mention the corruption fucks

Quote Originally Posted by olioster View Post
    I also read it this way... I am waiting for the hotfix to go live so I can test it

Was there an ETA on when the hotfix is instead of "later today", which has already ended for EU?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    You get like 500 per full clear vision run. They can also be farmed in Mythic+. 2000 isn't terrible.
    and what about Alts? On your Alt you need Echoes of Ny’alotha to buy Essence, Cloak Upgrade and buy a specific Corruption.

I dont have infinite time, If I spent all my time grinding Echoes of Ny’alotha for my Main and Alts, I dont have time for doing anything else into the game than grinding.

And if I dont have time for doing M+ or Mithyc Raid, why I must spend my time grinding Echoes of Ny’alotha?
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Finally.

Somehow I knew this would be one of those times they listened.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    and what about Alts? On your Alt you need Echoes of Ny’alotha to buy Essence, Cloak Upgrade and buy a specific Corruption.

I dont have infinite time, If I spent all my time grinding Echoes of Ny’alotha for my Main and Alts, I dont have time for doing anything else into the game than grinding.

And if I dont have time for doing M+ or Mithyc Raid, why I must spend my time grinding Echoes of Ny’alotha?
    Maybe don't play 30 alts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if you play just tank heal or dps it still alot to get.

Quote Originally Posted by olioster View Post
    No, you can get a core from a vision and a core from a N'zoth, then buy as many as you want with currency until you're caught up.

- - - Updated - - -

This just in, alts are alts. They've not supposed to be as advanced as mains or they'd be mains. The mentality that alts must be as good as mains is cancerous to gamer. Might as well make everything account wide like a moba. Make a new toon, instant max level with everyone equivalent the main has.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    No, you can get a core from a vision and a core from a N'zoth, then buy as many as you want with currency until you're caught up.

- - - Updated - - -

This just in, alts are alts. They've not supposed to be as advanced as mains or they'd be mains. The mentality that alts must be as good as mains is cancerous to gamer. Might as well make everything account wide like a moba. Make a new toon, instant max level with everyone equivalent the main has.
    Yeah, I agree, I don't get this mentality. You should have one, maybe two toons you're seriously playing and gearing up. You don't need BiS gear and BiS corruptions and BiS essences and MAX cloak on every toon. At that point, you're playing multiple mains.

You're better off sticking to whatever good corruptions you can get your hands on from your weekly HV+5, +4, +3, and +2 and then using your spare essences on getting a cloak to max rank.

I've got multiple toons that are essentially done raiding for this expac and now I'm just working on getting cloak catchup and corruptions on them while simultaneously gearing a couple other toons to try out. None of the other toons are played seriously and don't need all the same shit my mains have.

When it comes to corruptions though, I was rather annoyed that my only catchups was making sure I do N'zoth each week when I don't need anything off N'zoth on 3 toons and I'm sure I'm not the only one in that boat.
    Last edited by fwc577; 2020-06-25 at 03:30 AM.

Clearly we need more things to spend echoes on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lol, I barely have time for my main ... But since my guild have change faction and server in the midle of this content, and in this particular historical moment, I dont wanna spend money to change server / faction for my main and 2 alts... so I start over.

So actually I have to choose, for my new Main, if invest my Echoes of Ny’alotha to buy Cloak Upgrade or specific Corruption...

Is the result of whant WOW is now... Alts in many case are resources and by now the difference between Main and Alts, for some players, is subtle. Players enjoy play more than one class. This game also is losing players day by day, Alts its what keep it alive.

There are also many small guild, so they need flexibility in role, sometimes is more easy to change Character that having equip/setup for multy role and for same Essence you have to choose the role. There are guild that need also tank/healers as a back up, expecially if you wanna run multi M+ to gear up players.

I have friends that use a Class for pvp and another for raid. There are players who are not satisfied with the chosen class and change it during the contet and/or the guild need certain class. So maybe you wanna change class halfway through the expansion... or you came back to play because the Covid lockdown.

There are plenty of reason why must not be such a pain in the ass to fill the gap.

Then... there are the collectors.
    You need ALTs, because the RNG factor is frustrating, so you use Alts to increase your possibilities to drop a mount/toys/pets/trasmog.
    If you wanna a complete picture of the story of this expansion, its better have a character per faction, in Legion was per Class.

In Shadowland there are 4 Covenants, many players are preparing 4 characters to collect everything from all the Covenants... but you need 16 Alts if you want all the sets from all the Covenants. Ok, for doing this, you dont need to farm Echoes of Ny’alotha... but its the actual nature of the game. And Blizzard is aware about it, its the reason why Shadowland will got a different approach about Alts.

Sorry for my bad english.
    Last edited by Tartys; 2020-06-25 at 02:25 PM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Lol, I barely have time for my main ... But since my guild have change faction and server in the midle of this content, and in this particular historical moment, I dont wanna spend money to change server / faction for my main and 2 alts... so I start over.

So actually I have to choose, for my new Main, if invest my Echoes of Ny’alotha to buy Cloak Upgrade or specific Corruption...
    It's $30 for a faction / server change vs the 10s-100s of hours restarting a character from scratch. I would say it's a good 25 hours of /played time to get a character fully geared in Heroic gear + cloak + decent corruptions + essences with help.

That's a little more than $1 per hour and since you don't have a ton of time, I'm assuming you value your time.

Can't afford $30 for some reason? You could literally farm the needed gold in raw gold farms in about 10 hours, which is still going to be less /played time than restarting.

Saying you want to restart rather than transfer a toon with your guild is a personal choice and is an outlier problem of YOURS and not the community in general. This change is good, regardless of Echoes being a hot currency right now due to everything it's used for.

- - - Updated - - -

This just in, alt (in this context) means an alternative character and viable choice, it does not mean a character that must be less progressed like you think.

Also, if your only argument is nothing but hyperbole, you dont really have an argument. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    Even if you play just tank heal or dps it still alot to get.
    It can be a lot to get, luckily it wont take nearly as long as the doomsayers want others to think.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I agree, I don't get this mentality. You should have one, maybe two toons you're seriously playing and gearing up. You don't need BiS gear and BiS corruptions and BiS essences and MAX cloak on every toon. At that point, you're playing multiple mains.

You're better off sticking to whatever good corruptions you can get your hands on from your weekly HV+5, +4, +3, and +2 and then using your spare essences on getting a cloak to max rank.

I've got multiple toons that are essentially done raiding for this expac and now I'm just working on getting cloak catchup and corruptions on them while simultaneously gearing a couple other toons to try out. None of the other toons are played seriously and don't need all the same shit my mains have.

When it comes to corruptions though, I was rather annoyed that my only catchups was making sure I do N'zoth each week when I don't need anything off N'zoth on 3 toons and I'm sure I'm not the only one in that boat.
    So what exactly do you have against people having viable alternate choices when it comes to which toon they want to play or which toon their guild might need for the raid/key?

And just because you dont think people should have reasons to play multiple classes equally, doesnt mean you should get to dictate how much resources are put into other players' alternate choices for characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    This just in, alt (in this context) means an alternative character and viable choice, it does not mean a character that must be less progressed like you think.

Also, if your only argument is nothing but hyperbole, you dont really have an argument. Lol
    People seem to be of the opinion these days that all their alts should have everything their mains have. If you keep pushing that way eventually WoW will basically play like a MOBA, where you get one character to cap and all the toons you make have that power level too. While other people believe this erodes what few RPG elements the game has left, if all your power is account wide. Who is right? Well, I know which group complains more.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.