Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    No, silent cops are not good and those fired for trying to speak up are brave beings. You have thousands on thousands of police departments with almost a million bodies. If you want to claim they are all abusive, racist, or silent about the other two, then by my guest and provide a source outside of some twitter clips.
    What about the FBI saying civil rights violations is a major problem now? What about them saying that the infection of kkk and whit nationalist among departments across the nation is a major worry?

What about their union leaders? What about how they are trained?

Also do you think it is happenstance that 40% of cops have domestic abuse issues? It seems like a major and common problem, if we are to talk about the mind state of officers

No, silent cops are not good and those fired for trying to speak up are brave beings. You have thousands on thousands of police departments with almost a million bodies. If you want to claim they are all abusive, racist, or silent about the other two, then by my guest and provide a source outside of some twitter clips.
    You're missing the point.

I didn't say they were all racist or abusive. And the ones that speak up find themselves fired or pressured to quit.

When the bad cops have all the power and the "good cops" have none...that's a bad system. Time to change it. And it seems it cannot be changed from the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It is folly to ignore history.
    I don't. I understand that over time, things change. Obviously the police force today is not catching slaves so it does little for your argument in bringing that up. Right now the force is responsible for the leniency our governing body provides. They have too much power when capable of committing clear violent acts and legally getting away with it. Stop & Frisk is a problem that enables bias and racist actions.

I'm simply advising against extreme propositions. Labeling police officers as Nazi's is exactly that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post

I didn't say they were all racist or abusive. And the ones that speak up find themselves fired or pressured to quit.

When the bad cops have all the power and the "good cops" have none...that's a bad system. Time to change it. And it seems it cannot be changed from the inside.
    The only point that I am making is that non-abusive/silent cops certainly exist. Too many are quick to lump them all in the same basket as racist, violent, or OK with the current situation.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I don't. I understand that over time, things change. Obviously the police force today is not catching slaves so it does little for your argument in bringing that up. Right now the force is responsible for the leniency our governing body provides. They have too much power when capable of committing clear violent acts and legally getting away with it. Stop & Frisk is a problem that enables bias and racist actions.

I'm simply advising against extreme propositions. Labeling police officers as Nazi's is exactly that.

- - - Updated - - -

The only point that I am making is that non-abusive/silent cops certainly exist. Too many are quick to lump them all in the same basket as racist, violent, or OK with the current situation.
    What do you mean it does little to bring it up? After slavery ended legislators made laws and used police to engage in targeting slave descendants so they went from catching slaves, to... targeting people descended from slaves. Do you not see how those things are similar?

Who was used to clamp down on civil rights in the 60s-70s? Oh right police once again.

Silent cops aren't good cops either. If they are silent...that means they are OK with the current situation.

1 cop killed George Floyd. 3 Cops stood there and let it happen. They were OK with the current situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Silent cops aren't good cops either. If they are silent...that means they are OK with the current situation.

1 cop killed George Floyd. 3 Cops stood there and let it happen. They were OK with the current situation.
    1 stood by, 2 of them where helping the killers hold Floyd down.

Yes...that's what I just said, I think two or three times. TY for agreeing with me.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurgjelme View Post
    Its quite a frenzy over there right now. It even made it to headlines here in Norway that goons tore down a statue of a Norwegian born soldier who fought for the union against slavery. What a way to shoot yourself in the foot, bunch of ignorant idiots....

Lets be real...at this point its just mouthbreathers larping as anarchists.

[URL="https://wkow.com/2020/06/23/protesters-pull-down-forward-statue-outside-state-capitol/?fbclid=IwAR1k24beE3QWvBMUx3Pn1KkO7-SVsu2RqX8U-H1QgRXOmOtGYnMJO7iHLnE"]https://wkow.com/2020/06/23/protesters-pull-down-forward-statue-outside-state-capitol/?fbclid=IwAR1k24beE3QWvBMUx3Pn1KkO7-SVsu2RqX8U-H1QgRXOmOtGYnMJO7iHLnURL]
    What exactly does random vandalism have to with the problem of police brutality in the US?

There are enough people in this thread who are basically saying that they are - case in point would be Edge.
    How many are "most" from one million, well, up to you.

As I have said before - people really love going to extremes, there is no middle ground. That's why some people here have drawn comparisions with various kinds of fanatics. Those comparisions obviously leads to some raging and in worst case - accusations of being racists or being too insensitive "to understand".

The idea of reallocating funds is a good course, they are supposed to respond to a cry for help, not turn areas into a police state (IMO). Downgrade the unnecessary equipment that some departments have access to, erase the immunity they have if they are within "police guidelines", hold them accountable if body cam footage of an incident is missing for any reason, etc.

Like a child, the police forces have broken our trust too many times and it's time for the parents to set more ground rules. I don't trust the departments to fix themselves and I'm sure that's the common opinion.
    I suppose so. But to note - it will take time to slowly weed out the worst offenders and change the rest. If anyone thinks that it can be done overnight, well...

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    What exactly does random vandalism have to with the problem of police brutality in the US?
    Maybe you can tell us? You were one of those saying that property damage does not matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/Eugene_V_Dabbs/s...48492367183872

Just the system working like its supposed to be.

Yes...that's what I just said, I think two or three times. TY for agreeing with me.
    No, you were saying that "silent cops" are "good cops"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    There are enough people in this thread who are basically saying that they are - case in point would be Edge.
    How many are "most" from one million, well, up to you.
    No, Edge has not said they are "all racist or abusive". Edge said that the ones that stay silent about the others are not good cops.

No, Edge has not said they are "all racist or abusive". Edge said that the ones that stay silent about the others are not good cops.
    Not what I understand from what is being implied by him/her/it. Repeated claims of having seen no "good cops" recently kinda tends to make me believe that it is exactly what is being implied.

- - - Updated - - -

Not what I understand from what is being implied by him/her/it. Repeated claims of having seen no "good cops" recently kinda tends to make me believe that it is exactly what is being implied.

Because "silent cops" are not "good cops".

Because "silent cops" are not "good cops".
    It implies that all silent cops know about things done by "bad cops". Which I already talked about - do you know everything your collegues do? Do you have a reason to go out of your way to dig up dirt on them? Probably not.
    Some of them do, of course. But all? It again starts the same problem.

It implies that all silent cops know about things done by "bad cops". Which I already talked about - do you know everything your collegues do? Do you have a reason to go out of your way to dig up dirt on them? Probably not.
    Some of them do, of course. But all? It again starts the same problem.
    Being that these issues are often involving entire departments or a large portion of departments are they blind deaf and dumb?

10+ Year Old Account
    Being that these issues are often involving entire departments or a large portion of departments are they blind deaf and dumb?
    https://twitter.com/Eugene_V_Dabbs/s...48492367183872

I wonder what they are in this case, a reall mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Do they happen to be white?
    I concede that these forums aren't representative of US demographics

Oh God. There are over 14 thousand cities in the U.S. Every one of those cities has evil police departments? Is that your claim? I understand that staying silent about a crime makes you liable as well and many precincts suffer from corruption and reprimand whistleblowers. I won't claim some extreme idea that all are accountable for each other.

Also, comparing police to nazi's is a quick way to destroy your own argument. I'd advise against it if you want to be taken seriously.
    There are about 18k police depts, with about 1 million police and related, making over 10 million arrests just last year.
    Just ignore the radical posts.

What are they supposed to do? Do their jobs (which I will remind everyone here are far more diverse (depending on the size of department) than just patrolling the city) or go outside and... do what, exactly? Protest? Accuse collegues? On what basis? What, exactly?

What are they supposed to do? Do their jobs (which I will remind everyone here are far more diverse (depending on the size of department) than just patrolling the city) or go outside and... do what, exactly? Protest? Accuse collegues? On what basis? What, exactly?
    Don't feed him with a reality check.

7+ Year Old Account
    If the police departments don’t have a way to address misconduct, like every business organization in existence, then that is yet another thing that needs to change about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Don't feed him with a reality check.
    Every organization should have avenues to address misconduct. I work in a medical environment. We are required to report misconduct.