Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    ya but it was just interesting to me how some people here looked at the two cases so differently when they seem so similar.
    Probably has to do with the countless videos of police doing unsavory things around the same time, this Nascar driver was virtually unknown to anyone outside of it to this point. As far as I know not any bad information out there about him yet so views of him are mostly positive.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    They aren't, Cops Accusing Employees of Poison is a serious allegation of Attempted Murder.

Nascar didn't accuse anybody of a crime but believed someone committed Racist Hate Crime.
    So both (Nascar and the cops lieutenant) said they (the driver and the 3 cops) were victims of crimes when they were not.

*Nascar prez already had out he was going to ban whoever did it and other things,,, he was out for blood too (didn't seem to do much till calling in the FBI right away not even checking around it seems)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Probably has to do with the countless videos of police doing unsavory things around the same time, this Nascar driver was virtually unknown to anyone outside of it to this point. As far as I know not any bad information out there about him yet so views of him are mostly positive.
    bias kicking in which is kinda the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    It's a PR nightmare for nascar. look at what them conservativesdid to the only black driver. That would make them lose millions
    This is not looking too much better, just from what I've seen online on peoples take on it.

*IMO kind of dumb to spread it over the news before it's even looked into, if it was malice gives people a chance to cover themselves, or if it is wrong they look dumb.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2020-06-24 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    So both (Nascar and the cops lieutenant) said they (the driver and the 3 cops) were victims of crimes when they were not.
    Yet you're not taking into Context what Crimes and Accusations were made in those cases.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

It's a PR nightmare for nascar. look at what them conservativesdid to the only black driver. That would make them lose millions
    They did the right thing the people going crazy over this already had their minds made up, the Nascar fan base are just solidifying their inbred racist stereotypes.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Yet you're not taking into Context what Crimes and Accusations were made in those cases.
    One that someone could be trying to poison them (killing them) and one someone placing a "noose" (something used to kill people).

Granted if the persons pointed at were guilty the punishments may have been different *but seeing as the cops were not deathly ill there was no danger of anyone getting sent up the river just by an over zealous supervisor, where as the noose even if it someone was innocent (harder to prove unlike the cops where you would have 3 cops in the hospital with stomach pumps hooked up), the person could lose their jobs and a good part of their life so I guess the false noose one could be worse going off both are false.

but they are closer alike than they are apart from each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Well nascar just banned the Confederate flag like 2 weeks prior just with what little info nascar had I'd say that they made the right call. It's big business nascar don't want a sensitive issue like this to sink the chance of earning millions.
    I'm guessing a lot of people are going to take their leave of them just for that anyway (I'm not a NASCAR fan but I don't see a lot of the people that watch it as mostly an enlighten bunch, but I could be wrong)

Thats it just ban all ropes. You guys cant tell the difference between knots.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Thats it just ban all ropes. You guys cant tell the difference between knots.
    FBI said it was a noose. Why do you not want to call the noose a noose?

- - - Updated - - -

I talked about the flag with @Endus and @cubby. It's totally up to the person to like it or not. From a business standpoint it makes sense. Since my main goal as a business is to get as many people i can to buy (product) across all races and creeds. Lots o' people see the flag as racist. I doubt it's a knee jerk on their end. It keeps advertising happy that's the main goal.
    "I don't care about the racist implications I just want money!"

I talked about the flag with @Endus and @cubby. It's totally up to the person to like it or not. From a business standpoint it makes sense. Since my main goal as a business is to get as many people i can to buy (product) across all races and creeds. Lots o' people see the flag as racist. I doubt it's a knee jerk on their end. It keeps advertising happy that's the main goal.
    Advertising works best when you have the audience, while I'm sure they hope this will open up for more people to watch, I just don't think (all opinion on my part) people that are that strongly against the flag, that it would keep them away, would care to watch NASCAR anyway. But IDk maybe they did some major surveys or research, not sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    Deja Thoris on route to his home to hang new garage door pull, circa 2020.
    Yea, sure. That totally looks like the thing that will fit over somebodies thumb in the other photos. A great and valid comparison that really adds to this reasonable debate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Another person trying to milk BLM as much as they can, gets shutdown by facts, gets upset over facts.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    @cubby see this? That's the attitude im taking about.
    Yeah, I'm seeing the conversation - always interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jediknight12 View Post
    well not used for racist reasons anyway, it's been there for years and on other doors. He better have a good explanation.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/23/us/na...ace/index.html
    I haven't followed all the of the developments and conversations on this issue, and the event is horrible - the noose. But random and totally fucked up timing/"what-are-the-odds" shit like this happens. It's odd that it was a noose, but it seems like just horrific randomness that got Bubba into that particular garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    FBI said it was a noose. Why do you not want to call the noose a noose?

- - - Updated - - -

"I don't care about the racist implications I just want money!"
    Money talks, unfortunately.

Company's only care about profit, but that's not any new revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    There. WAS A NOOSE it was there from last year. He wasn’t the one who reported or saw it but those who work around him.

We have a literal picture of it.
    Why didn’t anyone report it last year?

Garage door openers = racist
    Cars making right hand turns = racist

Nascar sure is strange these days.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jediknight12 View Post
    ya ok not good enough these are intelligent people and a very secure facility they should of known right away but they choose to do interviews about it.
    I think he created fake news, but...for ur statement..sportspeople, are notoriously dumb af most of them...

Wait...this thread is 13 pages long...

Quote Originally Posted by EricOtown View Post
    -snip-
    Long post of white victim hood

“How dare they think a noose tied to the garage of NASCAR’s only a person of colour who Recently got the confederate flag banned and often has been called he n word”
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-06-25 at 03:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of debating over whether this knot is racist. All I see is a handle made of rope. This country is going fucking mad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally saw a photo of the knot in question. Looks to be needlessly racist.
    Photo of the garage pull rope tied like a noose from the Bubba Wallace garage Sunday, from a NASCAR reporter.

Fuck Bill Barr and his FBI.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Fuck Bill Barr and his FBI.
    The FBI did nothing wrong, here; it would only be a hate crime if it had been targeted against Wallace, and since it was put there months before Wallace was assigned that garage, no hate crime.

That doesn't mean the guys who originally made it weren't racists who had clear racist intent in making it as a racist joke among themselves. Just means that doing so makes them shitty people, but it's not a crime, and thus the FBI doesn't have anything to do with it.