Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Overwolf app is absolute garbage, FAR worse than twitch app

RIp Curse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They announced that they were buying it, not that the client was ready. And i don't even want to imagine the outraged if they just switched without notifying people.
    They literally linked to the client, while mentioning addons.

Why would they link to something like that?
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2020-06-24 at 01:22 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

So that means I can just delete the twitch client and download another one. I only had it installed because of the mod support (minecraft, wow) in the first place.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    I’m pretty sure the devs said they make mechanics based around DBM and BW usage.
    Yeah, think they did. I just mean, even if they did, I've not noticed where you'd need it 100%. Sure, it helps on some things but it's not really needed
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Screw this. Is this end of the twitch app?! How im suppose to maintain my addons now. I like just press one button and *BAM* all addons up-to-date.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    So A.K.A. another program I will need to download lol
    And another that you can remove. "lol".

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    And another that you can remove. "lol".
    Um, no? Because I still need to use it for other games. Also it's the TWITCH app. Not some obscure program from a company I've heard about twice in the past 10 years.

Um, no? Because I still need to use it for other games. Also it's the TWITCH app. Not some obscure program from a company I've heard about twice in the past 10 years.
    Only if you use it for games you got through twitch prime or whatever. All mods will be moved to the new launcher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, before Twitch took over Curseforge, Twitch was that "some obscure program from a company I've heard about twice in 10 years", so what is the difference?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Exactly - it belongs in the trash. ALL of the mods are going, not just WoW. Everything under the curseforge umbrella, which is basically all the mods that app uses.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    As long as we can fetch the URLs of curseforge and the download links to addons, nothing will change. Why do people use these spyware software shit anyway? Like the horrible twitch client? Just use scripts or third party addons to update your addons. It is not that hard.. I play WoW on Linux and I 've no problem updating my addons since years, and I do not use such crappy apps. (even if I wanted to, they don't run on Linux anyway)
    Linux only user here and have been updating with Twitch Curse app without problem. Now it has been replaced by overwolf it is impossible to run.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa just need to pm someone smh

Why would they link to something like that? Are they using this service https://www.capsulink.com/ ? As we surf the internet, we see links everywhere, both on websites and in news feeds on social networks. They distributed a wide variety of files using links, and cybercriminals take advantage of our willingness to click on any link to distribute malicious sites and files to which we will go by clicking on the next link. Hope things are different here.
    Last edited by frigallo; 2021-04-30 at 08:31 AM.