Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[HBO & BBC] Years and Years

Official HBO Years & Years Link

Honestly I didn't know if this should be put under the TV/Movies section or under politics simply because of the nature of the show's content. I just finished watching Years and Years. It is a miniseries HBO & BBC put out. Very good show. It only has 6 hour long episodes. Highly recommend seeing it. When you are watching it, keep in mind the last episode of the series aired June 18, 2019 (a year ago) and it finished taping in March 2019. Highly relevant to what's going on in the world today. So relevant that it is fucking frightening. Anyone else see this show & if so what did you think? Is it frightening to you on how much future telling it did?

It's on the BBC iplayer too \o/

I might check it out. Thanks.

Fuck the t.v license. And fuck the bbc.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Fuck the t.v license. And fuck the bbc.
    Calm down there leech.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Calm down there leech.
    Rather a leech than sheep willing to pay a legal tax to a private company that dosnt even keep its covenant with the goverment not to charge oap's.

Fucking ideot

Rather a leech than sheep willing to pay a legal tax to a private company that dosnt even keep its covenant with the goverment not to charge oap's.

Fucking ideot
    It's not a private company. Oh, the irony of calling me an idiot.

It's not a private company. Oh, the irony of calling me an idiot.
    Not an irony it's a fact, you are a fucking ideot to pay a tax for a T.v

Not an irony it's a fact, you are a fucking ideot to pay a tax for a T.v
    Wait, private companies are able to charge taxes now?

You seem confused.

Sorry for the derail OP.

Wait, private companies are able to charge taxes now?

You seem confused.

Sorry for the derail OP.
    You are an ideot. For paying a tax for a t.v
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-06-25 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

You are an ideot. For paying a tax for a t.v
    I'm an idiot for obeying the countries laws? Are you for real?

Why did they dress the Chinese boy up in pigtails and a skirt?
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

I'm an idiot for obeying the countries laws? Are you for real?
    Stupid people follow stupid laws. Stupid people support a system that adversely effects the poor and the old, stupid people sit there like sheep whilst a goverment enforces laws no other free nation has to suffer, and stupid people sit there making excuses for there stupidity whilst people are criminalised for the horrible crime daring to own a T.v aerial without a license, and stupid people call the ones who refuse to support this, refuse to have a T.v aerial or watch iplayer because if the bbc's terrible treatment of the poor and elderly as stupid.

You are a fucking disgusting sheep. And you should be ashamed of your self suckling the cocks of the Lords on the BBC Trust whilst people are persicuted for wanting a freedom other western nations enjoy.

Yes you are unfathombly stupid.

If being gay was illigal again would you support that? Just because something is a law dosnt make it right.

Stupid people follow stupid laws. Stupid people support a system that adversely effects the poor and the old, stupid people sit there like sheep whilst a goverment enforces laws no other free nation has to suffer, and stupid people sit there making excuses for there stupidity whilst people are criminalised for the horrible crime daring to own a T.v aerial without a license, and stupid people call the ones who refuse to support this, refuse to have a T.v aerial or watch iplayer because if the bbc's terrible treatment of the poor and elderly as stupid.

You are a fucking disgusting sheep. And you should be ashamed of your self suckling the cocks of the Lords on the BBC Trust whilst people are persicuted for wanting a freedom other western nations enjoy.

If being gay was illigal again would you support that? Just because something is a law dosnt make it right.
    Who gets to decide that? You? What if I feel like stealing is fine? Should I just go and do that because "fuck laws"?

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, people are sheep, while you are demanding broadcasts to only be for corporate interest. Television is a source of information, it’s why you are once again wrong, when saying no other free nation has it. You don’t have enough Rupert Murdoch in your life? Want everything to be dominated by corporate interest? Fan of American broadcasting?

- - - Updated - - -

Who gets to decide that? You? What if I feel like stealing is fine? Should I just go and do that because "fuck laws"?
    Taxes is theft, because these people are time travelers from Feudalism.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Apparently in nearly every other country a portion of your taxes goes to pay for public broadcast television, which everyone has to pay. At least the TV license is only chargable if you use your TV or iplayer.

*shrug* it's worth it if they put out shit like Blue Planet every few years anyway.

*cough* sorry for OT
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Apparently in nearly every other country a portion of your taxes goes to pay for public broadcast television, which everyone has to pay. At least the TV license is only chargable if you use your TV or iplayer.

*shrug* it's worth it if they put out shit like Blue Planet every few years anyway.

*cough* sorry for OT
    It’s funny, as an American that thinks our system is shit and pines for BBC, to watch someone demand the opposite. Brits had Rupert Murdoch first and you can have him back if you want... lol
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's controversial why hasn't HBO removed it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    If it's controversial why hasn't HBO removed it?
    It’s a brilliant move... I now have to buy a bunch of shit available for streaming, so that I can view episodes they are removing. Unless there are few doing the same, since these might become collectors items, I highly doubt... this is marketing at its.......... best?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, people are sheep, while you are demanding broadcasts to only be for corporate interest. Television is a source of information, it’s why you are once again wrong, when saying no other free nation has it. You don’t have enough Rupert Murdoch in your life? Want everything to be dominated by corporate interest? Fan of American broadcasting?

- - - Updated - - -

Taxes is theft, because these people are time travelers from Feudalism.
    Jimmy Savile enjoyed you're supplication.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't grasp how being forced to support a company that facilitated a nonce like Jimmy Savile to enjoy a little boy buffet for decades,is morally wrong then you arn't worthy of having your opinions considered seriously.

Jimmy Savile enjoyed you're supplication.

If you can't grasp how being forced to support a company that facilitated a nonce like Jimmy Savile to enjoy a little boy buffet for decades,is morally wrong then you arn't worthy of having your opinions considered seriously.
    Hey, yet you live in a country that subjugated millions for hundreds of years yet you still live there and presumably pay taxes (or collect dole lol) Double standards much?