Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    Nathanos is matthias shaw but on the horde.

I'd even argue that nathanos is written better than 90% of the alliance faction leaders; including MANduin
    If you truly believe that you cannot have read any good books in your life. As much as I hate internet lingo, he really is SIMP the character. He's got the depth of a rain puddle. Nathanos is what happens when a Slip Knot song and a Panic at the Disco song have a baby.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    The fact that you left it incredibly vague, and said what you did led me to believe you though. What you said, was... "He's a self insert. Well so is Thrall, and most people loved him from WC3 up until he kill stealed."

Do a better job of specifying, rather than expect everyone else to just know what you're talking about. And to be fairly honest, Deathwing was not a kill-steal. Garrosh was. Canonically speaking, without Thrall, we would not have been able to kill Deathwing. Most people's problem with Cataclysm where Thrall was concerned is not that everything was good right up until Green Jesus put the final nail in Deathwing's coffin, but we had everything under control and didn't really need him. It was that the entire expansion seemed like "World of Warcraft, the Adventures of Thrall". What happened at the end of Siege of Orgrimmar pissed us all off far more than Deathwing.

So, before you go making assumptions like that, you might want to think, when you make assumptions, what you're doing is making an ass out of you, and someone name Umption, which really has nothing to do with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Except people don't hate Mathias Shaw. Some of that reasoning is because he doesn't expect you to be ok with being used as an expendable pawn, and make damned sure you understand your place, as a lowly peon. I can't wait to see that fucker get shanked.
    Except Thrall never killed Mannoroth. Ever.

So you're just fucking flat out wrong.

How is it me making an assumption when you're just making shit up that never happened? And whether you go to Deathwing or Garrosh as a kill steal doesn't fucking matter either, because that wasn't the point of the context. It was to display that there was a large amount of time that a self insert character was around and no one cared.

So again, you're reading comprehension is not up to par to even join this conversation.

He's a Simp. That's all

I don't hate him but I find him totally annoying. That and the fact that he has zero respect for the PC when even Sylv does show some f*ck*ng respect.

Would be nice to get some insight on how he feels about matters himself, because, yeah, simping isn't charming, and from the looks of it he doesn't have respect for anything, least of all our characters who go through hell to complete the missions he sends us on. It's one thing not to display respect, another not to feel it. In Nathanos's case I'm bending towards the latter. If Sylvanas and her ambitions are literally all that matter to Nathanos it leaves him a rather thin character. He still looks cool and is a capable ranger, so I don't hate him. Just wish he'd develop some.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    I don't hate him but I find him totally annoying. That and the fact that he has zero respect for the PC when even Sylv does show some f*ck*ng respect.
    Come to think about this, and it's so true... Even Sylvanas addresses the PC in a measured tone, while that little PoS of Nathanos berates and groans at you for apparently no reason - other than being a jerk.

Also what @Kayb said, it would be nice if he had been written as a more shadowy, more pragmatic Saurfang. One who could work against Sylvanas from the inside, luring players into doing his bidding, instead of Sadfang and all his eyerolling speeches, as well as his lust for human potential. But alas, it was not meant to be...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    If you truly believe that you cannot have read any good books in your life. As much as I hate internet lingo, he really is SIMP the character. He's got the depth of a rain puddle. Nathanos is what happens when a Slip Knot song and a Panic at the Disco song have a baby.
    Oh, I've read the warcraft books. ALL the warcraft characters are garbage. MANduin? lol. Greymane? VELEN? lmfao.
    If you're telling me the floormat "high king" is a well written character, I have a bridge to sell you.

People just don't like nathanos because nathanos doesn't like them, that's it. That's not an irrational response, but this thread because you can't call the manager on old nath? lmao.

Not everyone has to like you. And for what its worth, the champions flip flop and help alliance champions all the time, why would nathanos really give two fucks about what you think? As I said, he's loyal to 1 person, and that person aint you. Sylvanas probably has to be diplomatic. He doesn't.
    Last edited by Kehego; 2020-06-25 at 02:07 PM.

Oh, I've read the warcraft books. ALL the warcraft characters are garbage. MANduin? lol. Greymane? VELEN? lmfao.
    If you're telling me the floormat "high king" is a well written character, I have a bridge to sell you.

People just don't like nathanos because nathanos doesn't like them, that's it. That's not an irrational response, but this thread because you can't call the manager on old nath? lmao.

Not everyone has to like you. And for what its worth, the champions flip flop and help alliance champions all the time, why would nathanos really give two fucks about what you think? As I said, he's loyal to 1 person, and that person aint you. Sylvanas probably has to be diplomatic. He doesn't.
    Again, you keep glossing over the fact that he's a dev's self-insert and his whole schtick is to be a another poorly written character's whipping boy. I don't care that he doesn't like me. I care that he's one dimensional. They turned some guy who was the only human farstrider into a undead (again, hate the internet terms) simp, for Sylvanas. You act like he's any better than any other of their characters, he's not. Out of all of WoW's character's he's down there with Med'an.

You're allowed to like badly written characters, I'm not saying you can't like him, but he's just as poorly written as any other character.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    Again, you keep glossing over the fact that he's a dev's self-insert and his whole schtick is to be a another poorly written character's whipping boy. I don't care that he doesn't like me. I care that he's one dimensional. They turned some guy who was the only human farstrider into a undead (again, hate the internet terms) simp, for Sylvanas. You act like he's any better than any other of their characters, he's not. Out of all of WoW's character's he's down there with Med'an.

You're allowed to like badly written characters, I'm not saying you can't like him, but he's just as poorly written as any other character.
    Bolded is my point.
    There are no well written wow characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    That man has the personality of a pile of shit and his scowl of a face look like a puckered asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I think it's because Danusers self insert is romantically involved with Sylvanas while Metzens is not about romancing a character? Maybe they're angry that a character is with sylvanas? Maybe they just hate SYlvanas too much to be okay with anything remotely involved with her? take your pick /shrug.
    or because the character is just bad... maybe you are overthinking this a bunch if you think there is just those 3 options to explain the hate.

I thought he was terrible before I knew about the danuser self insert stuff, and IMO, for random players like me that often don't even take the time to read the quests text, he was just the most powerfull sylvanas' puppet/champion, never thought about him being involved in any romance. I think it's really not that obvious until the cringey end part for horde players who chose to follow sylvanas in the war campagne. and I have chosen to follow sadfang, so I had to be curious and watch the other part on YT.... I had no idea because I don't care about romance in this game. and everytime blizzard tried romance in wow, it was cringy as hell. this time was no exeption, if we can call this a romance....

so I'd say most people hates him just because he's annoying. the danuser and sylvanas thing is just another layer of shit to throw at him by people still paying attention to that stuff.

nathanos is like a teenager who is acting all MEAN and EWUL and TUFF and has a crush on a girl to the point where he is her slave.

its just a lame annoying character that i personally never want to interact with.
    sylvanas is at least an evil biach, nathanos is just a lame boy.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    or because the character is just bad... maybe you are overthinking this a bunch if you think there is just those 3 options to explain the hate.

I thought he was terrible before I knew about the danuser self insert stuff, and IMO, for random players like me that often don't even take the time to read the quests text, he was just the most powerfull sylvanas' puppet/champion, never thought about him being involved in any romance. I think it's really not that obvious until the cringey end part for horde players who chose to follow sylvanas in the war campagne. and I have chosen to follow sadfang, so I had to be curious and watch the other part on YT.... I had no idea because I don't care about romance in this game. and everytime blizzard tried romance in wow, it was cringy as hell. this time was no exeption, if we can call this a romance....

so I'd say most people hates him just because he's annoying. the danuser and sylvanas thing is just another layer of shit to throw at him by people still paying attention to that stuff.
    Right, I cover that in some of my other responses throughout the thread and no, not overthinking, in fact I only gave those 3 examples because i didn't feel like committing too much to it lol. Most people do seem to hate him, and most of those tend to be for similar reasons. (IE: thinking he's a bad character).

Many others like him for the reasons others hate him. But i wanted to give examples based on the most common reason I hear, which is the whole self-insert thing. Good for you that it's not the reason you hate him though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

5+ Year Old Account
    rofl so many people butthurt about an npc that doesn't fellate you instantly.

Game needs more nathanos characters, tbh.
    Like I said, Nathanos is Shaw; loyal to the hand that feeds him and nothing else.
    As opposed to spouting asinine statements in order to be contrarian?

You are acting like playing an RPG where you can create your own character and the in-game story is centered around your character's deeds and expecting to be treated like the hero you objectively are is a bad thing? All the while saying Nathanos is good because he illogically treats the PC like shit despite not holding a candle to their achievements?

Without the PC Azeroth wouldn't even be around anymore, and no one would be alive. This is a fact, and there's nothing arrogant in recognizing this and expecting to be treated as such.

I don't get it lol.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    As opposed to spouting asinine statements in order to be contrarian?

You are acting like playing an RPG where you can create your own character and the in-game story is centered around your character's deeds and expecting to be treated like the hero you objectively are is a bad thing? All the while saying Nathanos is good because he illogically treats the PC like shit despite not holding a candle to their achievements?

Without the PC Azeroth wouldn't even be around anymore, and no one would be alive. This is a fact, and there's nothing arrogant in recognizing this and expecting to be treated as such.

I don't get it lol.
    I don't mind that he treats me like shit. I only wish I could bitch slap him for opening his mouth.

The warchief trusts you...though I can't imagine why.

Because I matter more than you, now shut up and give me my next quest.

joking aside I don't know why everyone hates him so much either, when I say he bugs me I'm speaking from an RP perspective, which I feel like he's supposed to? I dunno, hate boners are strong. /shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    Except Thrall never killed Mannoroth. Ever.

So you're just fucking flat out wrong.

How is it me making an assumption when you're just making shit up that never happened? And whether you go to Deathwing or Garrosh as a kill steal doesn't fucking matter either, because that wasn't the point of the context. It was to display that there was a large amount of time that a self insert character was around and no one cared.

So again, you're reading comprehension is not up to par to even join this conversation.
    You know what, I stood corrected in the last one because you were vague, and now you're just being intentionally dense. And try to stay on topic here. Nathanos SUCKS!! No one likes him except you, apparently. He's the sort of person that, if we had full control of our characters, and had the option of assassination attempts on him, it'd be done, and everyone looking on would bust out with a laugh track. No one gets a feeling of camaraderie around this shitbag of a character, and he is a fucking SIMP!!!! Right down to the whole "Sucker Idolizing Mediocre Pussy" part. And I got news for you. Women don't like simps, and men despise simps. THAT'S HIS PROBLEM!!
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    You know what, I stood corrected in the last one because you were vague, and now you're just being intentionally dense. And try to stay on topic here. Nathanos SUCKS!! No one likes him except you, apparently. He's the sort of person that, if we had full control of our characters, and had the option of assassination attempts on him, it'd be done, and everyone looking on would bust out with a laugh track. No one gets a feeling of camaraderie around this shitbag of a character, and he is a fucking SIMP!!!! Right down to the whole "Sucker Idolizing Mediocre Pussy" part. And I got news for you. Women don't like simps, and men despise simps. THAT'S HIS PROBLEM!!
    I mean, he isn't even a Simp

He is a Mary Sue Self Insert Power Fantasy from some Neckbeard.

because a male character being seen as subserviant to a more powerful female character
    triggers alot of gamers

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of hate for the character, but I don't really understand it.

Some say he's grown to powerful for no reason. How has he grown in power since his inception as a world boss in Vanilla WoW? He got a pretty new face, but I don't really see any power growth.

Some say his character depth is too shallow. I think he's the perfect henchman. He's not a main character, so why would they put more emphasis than needed on him? He is Jorah Mormont (Simp, great fighter, snarky asshole to anyone but his lady). But this is just my opinion. Story writing, I don't think he has done anything out of character.

He's a self insert. Well so is Thrall, and most people loved him from WC3 up until he kill stealed. That and how much is Nathanos really like Steve, I doubt very much at all. And aren't these tweets fairly new? Today is the first time I'm even hearing about this......seems like you really had to dig for something outside of the game to justify your distaste for a character.

He talks too damn much with WQ. Big True, get addons to shut that up though.

So can anyone explain to me how he is a bad character THAT IS NOT based on pure opinion? Let's see some facts boys.
    What you ask is impossible. There is no such thing as an objectively poorly written character. Whether someone is or not is an opinion. Don't mistake popular opinion with objectivity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

He reminds players of BfA story whenever he taunts them.