Page 40 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    oh look more me too bullshit...

huge spike is bogus accusations in the last few days all around not just here.
    Oh, where are the bogus accusations? I haven't seen proof of bogus accusations yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    All well and good, except...While in josh's case things seems pretty clear, however, in the case of sascha/annie, it's not. It's basically "She felt uncomfortable, he will have his life destroyed for it". Who's the victim? Hint - NOT her.

And agreed, I hope there will be some justice for him.
    Because if I made someone feel uncomfortable, my first reaction would also be to pretend to apologize, try to deflect blame onto "well, hugs and compliments obviously meant they liked me!", and also threaten legal action while trying to contact someone who clearly didn't want contact.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Please don't ever presume to tell me what I want. Pointing out that most sexual misconduct goes unreported and that a lot of abusers get away with it due to sympathetic people in the system isn't saying anything even remotely close to wanting to "convict" people simply because they're accused. Remember when a Canadian judge said the following things to a rape victim? "Why couldn't you just keep your knees together?", "Why didn't you just sink your bottom down into the basin so he couldn't penetrate you?", and "Pain and sex sometimes go together." - Or when a judge referring to a 14 year old that was raped by a teacher said the 14 year old "was probably as much in control of the situation as was the defendant" - Or the tens of thousands of reports of victims of assault being told by police, social workers, judges, etc that their assault was "no big deal" or their own fault? So please spare me your putting words in my mouth because I pointed out that having blind faith in the system isn't the best idea.
    I am not putting words in your mouth. The accused being found not guilty does not automatically mean an abuser got away with it. You automatically imply it by declaring that anyone who reports an assault is automatically a victim. Citing a couple of bad apples does not dwarf or erase the 1,000's that are taken seriously and investigated. As I siaid, proesecutors and law enforcement have to find evidence of a crime and cannot convict based solely on the word of one person so it is dangerously irresponsible for anyone to immediately declare innocence OR guilt of the accuser or the accused.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    All well and good, except...While in josh's case things seems pretty clear, however, in the case of sascha/annie, it's not. It's basically "She felt uncomfortable, he will have his life destroyed for it". Who's the victim? Hint - NOT her.

And agreed, I hope there will be some justice for him.
    Just saw this on the previous page. Looks like it's more than just Sascha/annie and I would be shocked if one or two more people don't pop up in the next week or two because this seems like his default behavior of being childish: https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sr9o22

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    This doesn't matter. We acquitted OJ. Does that mean he should've immediately been back on the field playing and gotten his Wheaties box back?
    If he hadn't have done it, yes, but come on, we all knew he was guilty and just had a really good lawyer.

This doesn't matter. We acquitted OJ. Does that mean he should've immediately been back on the field playing and gotten his Wheaties box back?
    This is a very bad analogy because OJ was nearly 50 at the time of his acquittal and had been retired from the NFL for over 15 years.

Trying to take the highroad and pretend the law is the only option is the wrong move.
    For proper justice, it is the only option. Trying to ruhi people online enables people to make false accusations to runi innocent people's lives.

Mel Gibson should likely be behind bars for antisemitism and hate attack as well as domestic violence. He's back in the movie business now.
    Umm what? Verbal antisemitism is not a crime punishable by time in jail or even a fine. Domestic violence doesn't automatically carry jail time either. He has also paid his debt to society as meted out and has been a law abiding citizen ever since not to mention he has kept his sobriety. This is completely asinine.

Or what about all the people who did have legitimate proof of being raped and their attackers were let off the hook or given light sentences. Brock Turner comes to mind. He served his six (sorry, 3) months for raping a woman and getting caught in the act. 1 month for each felony. Should we get him a Twitch partnership and a Method contract?
    If you have a problem with that, get the laws changed.

Leaving this up to the authorities to investigate cannot be the only recourse because they fail too often.
    Taking the law into your own hands is even worse. That is what gets the lives of the innocent ruined because you empower people to lie.

Just saw this on the previous page. Looks like it's more than just Sascha/annie and I would be shocked if one or two more people don't pop up in the next week or two because this seems like his default behavior of being childish: https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sr9o22
    I saw that one, the Annie/Sascha thing was suspect because of their power dynamic, that doesn't exist with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Wonder how long til Method is kicked from any future Blizzard event.
    probably won't happen. Method brings in too much money for blizzard and method did kick josh. Probably nothing more is going to happen of this

Oh, where are the bogus accusations? I haven't seen proof of bogus accusations yet.
    example justin beiber getting falsely accused and then having the receipts to prove his innocence.

have any of these accusations been validated? from what I can tell many haven't.

All the false accusers should be sued into oblivion... False accusers just make it harder for genuine victims which is bullshit.
    Last edited by chaoticcrono; 2020-06-25 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Pretty sure he is using it in a joking manner. Not defending him, but it also seemed to work since she replied in a playful manner to it. Hell, even the girl in question talks about him that "he was top raider paying attention to a me, some insignificant, person". Paraphrase. Ergo his status had some attraction to it.
    I dont see it like that. Imagine if he is some billionaire and hitting on 16 year old girl. He would end up in prison or everyone would judge him, some SJW would make movies, video clips and so on....

Quote Originally Posted by mitre27 View Post
    i love that we now live in a world where we can make accusations without evidence and people lose their careers over it.
    what career? o.O

lets be honest she would have banged him if he was better looking

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    what career? o.O
    IIRC the matressgirl destroyed a guys studies and place in the college team. Depp got his contracts cancelled the moment Heard made the claims, same for Kevin Spacey and too many unnamed college guys who got kicked out just for claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    what career? o.O
    in terms of Sascha, a career as co-ceo in a multi-million dollar business.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Because if I made someone feel uncomfortable, my first reaction would also be to pretend to apologize, try to deflect blame onto "well, hugs and compliments obviously meant they liked me!", and also threaten legal action while trying to contact someone who clearly didn't want contact.
    Problem is, noone can read minds (atm). And she never told him that she is uncomfortable if I remember correctly from the tweet. (we're talkng about the Sascha/annie thing here right?)
    Go and watch Annie's video with Pilav. Not the one on Annie's channel. the one on Pilav's. Please. Just go and watch it.

Girls should open their mouth and tell what they feel. Not acting compliant and then years later write stories about how they really felt. I am a woman and NO means NO, but for fucks sake open your mouth and SAY IT! A girl that streams on the internet in front of hundreds of people can defend themselves and open their mouth and talk freely while streaming, but can't when left alone with a guy in a room? And the nagain. Mixed messages. "Guy" says "girl" wanted hugs all the time and HE had to stop HER.

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    If you "flirt" at someone who is just going about their day, and not in a place where flirting might be more expected (like, at nightclub), yeah, you're a creep.
    I don't date people that go clubbing. Where would you suggest i flirt with people if everyday life is apparently taboo?

What i mean to say is that your statement is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Problem is, noone can read minds (atm). And she never told him that she is uncomfortable if I remember correctly from the tweet. (we're talkng about the Sascha/annie thing here right?)
    Go and watch Annie's video with Pilav. Not the one on Annie's channel. the one on Pilav's. Please. Just go and watch it.

Girls should open their mouth and tell what they feel. Not acting compliant and then years later write stories about how they really felt. I am a woman and NO means NO, but for fucks sake open your mouth and SAY IT! A girl that streams on the internet in front of hundreds of people can defend themselves and open their mouth and talk freely while streaming, but can't when left alone with a guy in a room? And the nagain. Mixed messages. "Guy" says "girl" wanted hugs all the time and HE had to stop HER.
    You are aware of how awful it sounds to say "well girls should do this!"? Especially someone who is suffering from anxiety.

And it's really self defeating considering it can be thrown right back that he should have ASKED if she had interest or why she kept asking for hugs.

He made a bad assumption, and instead of just admitting it and apologizing, he doubled down and when you have others saying he did the same to them then there's an obvious pattern.

Being "not as bad as Josh" isn't a defense either.

Also, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see someone hiding in their bed from you to think "maybe I'm making them uncomfortable".

Or you know, that it's a TERRIBLE idea to put a mattress in someone's room when you have your own.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    All this shit is very delicate and really depends on female's sensitivity and reflection. For some girls some awkward flirting moments are just like that - awkward flirting moments that are totally forgettable in a day or week at max. Some of them just say "Fuck off dude" or "Sorry, i have a bf, lets just keep talking as buddies".
    For other its something new, confusing, suppressed for years, with addition of new, imaginary details, that result into "He almost raped me". Some of them are just like that - manipulative bitches. There are many different sorts of people.

This shit must be treated accordingly. In girls place i would sort things out first and properly analyze what happened before jumping on twitter, which is, lets be honest, usually the place where the most retarded people hang out because their retarded voices can be heard and even influence the reality in some cases. Sadly, not every girl is smart or adult or nice enough to do that.

Obviously, what i said was said in relation to Sascha/Annie situation. Those cases, it seems, are the most common. There are so much people that cant properly build relationships and even talk with the people of an opposite sex. There are so much awkward looking phrases they say to each other. You have to either learn to talk better or learn to see is person just being nervous or awkward in a certain situation or he/she is actually just manipulative and oppressive.

It seems like the majority of those allegations were the fruits of the both girls and guys being confused and then self-reflecting in a bad way, adding some new, imaginary, creepy layers on top of just awkwardness of two immature teenagers. Its sad to see that some people's life may be ruined over the pretty innocent stuff that happened years ago.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-06-25 at 09:36 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    Why? Because witches weren't "Real" witchhunts weren't real either? No one got burned on the stakes because someone yelled "Witchcraft"?
    No. In witchhunts people were burned and suffered because of an irrational and false belief in witches.

In cases of people being accused of rape, some people land up becoming collateral damage in a fight against an actual, real problem.

Calling this phenomenon of women coming out and naming and shaming a "witchhunt" is a just a massive insult to anyone who has actually been a victim of some kind of sexual abuse.

And before you throw a little tantrum, no, I am not dismissing the fact that some people do suffer as a result of false accusations, and I am not condoning anyone who would do such a thing to another human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    No. In witchhunts people were burned and suffered because of an irrational and false belief in witches.

In cases of people being accused of rape, some people land up becoming collateral damage in a fight against an actual, real problem.

Calling this phenomenon of women coming out and naming and shaming a "witchhunt" is a just a massive insult to anyone who has actually been a victim of some kind of sexual abuse.

And before you throw a little tantrum, no, I am not dismissing the fact that some people do suffer as a result of false accusations, and I am not condoning anyone who would do such a thing to another human being.
    Problem is all the false allegations really hurt the legitimate ones....

It's hard to believe everyone in these very serious situations when their's so many false ones going around. I've seen it first hand, false accusations can ruin your life, even if you're not famous. They really should have harsh punishment if you're found to be falsely accusing someone.