Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jediknight12 View Post
    well not used for racist reasons anyway, it's been there for years and on other doors. He better have a good explanation.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/23/us/na...ace/index.html
    I am happy this was not intentional, but I am even more happy he got those nasty flags banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    "It's not a noose if someone is not hanging from it."
    a noose is designed to tighten under load and be able to loosen when not. it was a loop knot. nooses make terrible pull ropes.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    a noose is designed to tighten under load and be able to loosen when not. it was a loop knot. nooses make terrible pull ropes.

Sure still looks exactly like a fuckin noose to me.

Once again, I get it. An improperly tied noose doesn't slip. Just look at it, it sure as shit looks like a noose. Now, the only real question, is was it made to look like a noose on purpose? From the investigation, it was not.

Even the FBI called it a noose. The picture speaks volumes. Mind you, when we were looking at the other pictures (that may be fake), even I was trying to say that it didn't look like a noose, because it appears to be two separate knows. Now, with the picture confirmed by NASCAR, that looks like a noose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Once again, I get it. An improperly tied noose doesn't slip. Just look at it, it sure as shit looks like a noose. Now, the only real question, is was it made to look like a noose on purpose? From the investigation, it was not.
    That wasn't what the investigation found, in anything I've seen. They just determined that because it had been made months before Wallace was assigned the garage, it couldn't possibly have been a targeted hate crime against Wallace. That's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, not giving DOJ/FBI the benefit of the doubt. Under Bill Barr they dont deserve it.

I mean if the noose was allegedly up for a year... how does it stay so clean... More likely some good ole boys repeatedly tie it up that way.

Official high rez version from the NASCAR. “Across the 1,684 garage stalls at 29 tracks, NASCAR found only 11 total that had a pull-down rope tied in a knot and only one noose — the one discovered Sunday in the No. 43 garage stall.”

Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Sorry, not giving DOJ/FBI the benefit of the doubt. Under Bill Barr they dont deserve it.

I mean if the noose was allegedly up for a year... how does it stay so clean... More likely some good ole boys repeatedly tie it up that way.

Official high rez version from the NASCAR. “Across the 1,684 garage stalls at 29 tracks, NASCAR found only 11 total that had a pull-down rope tied in a knot and only one noose — the one discovered Sunday in the No. 43 garage stall.”
    Like I said in a previous post - there were no races between the weekend it was tied in October 2019, til this weekend (where obviously it was noticed before any preparations for this week started). It was literally used maybe a handful of times in October.

Barr had nothing to do with this investigation. It was the Birmingham office of the FBI, which is about as far in the boonies as far as FBI field offices go.

What NASCAR *has* said is that it is continuing its investigation, and that the rope, while tied like a loop in October 2019, did NOT look like this in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's a noose. What legitimate purpose are you trying to argue it could've had??
    It’s used to close the door. It’s been there since at least last year.

Do you think Bill Barr micromanages literally every single FBI investigation?

I mean, discussions on Barr and his credibility are a better fit for the politics board, but there's nothing "shady" about the conclusion of this investigation, and as others have pointed out there haven't been any NASCAR races here since then so there would be no real opportunity for it to get dirtied up. The folks opening and closing the garage aren't probably doing so with grease on their hands anyways, you clean that shit off because if you start getting it everywhere in your garage then you're risking getting it into your vehicle in places you don't want it.

Sometimes, freak coincidences happen. Wallace accepts the findings, and he'd be the most potentially affected by this.

It stayed clean because apparently the garage hasn't been used since October.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Serious question here... I didn't know who Bubba Wallace was before this. I saw his picture, turned my head and was like "he's black?" I looked him up and his father is white as hell. So, if you have mixed parents, do you choose your race, or what? IMO, Obama looks more black than white, but in Bubba's case, the white genes had more influence. At most, he is mixed. What "decides" a persons race? He has a white girl friend, if they have a kid, is that kid black or white? If that kid had a kid with a white partner, could that child consider themselves black? At what point would he not be labeled "an African american driver"

As for this situation, its insane. It was a loop so you can easily grab it an open the garage door... not a noose. It was put up many months ago, and he and his whole team, and anyone who made stupid comments on it should say they were wrong and are sorry. He was looking for something to start a fight about, he just looks stupid now.
    i am mixed, people generally just treat me as whatever they perceive me as. some people can accurately tell at a glance, most can't.

on official forms i just pick whatever i feel like that day, or multiple. i remember once registering for a school i picked "other" and the person processing wouldn't let me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    It’s used to close the door. It’s been there since at least last year.
    Then what do you make of this:

Across the 1,684 garage stalls at 29 tracks, NASCAR found only 11 total that had a pull-down rope tied in a knot and only one noose — the one discovered Sunday in the No. 43 garage stall.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Like I said in a previous post - there were no races between the weekend it was tied in October 2019, til this weekend (where obviously it was noticed before any preparations for this week started). It was literally used maybe a handful of times in October.

Barr had nothing to do with this investigation. It was the Birmingham office of the FBI, which is about as far in the boonies as far as FBI field offices go.

What NASCAR *has* said is that it is continuing its investigation, and that the rope, while tied like a loop in October 2019, did NOT look like this in October.
    that is very suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    that is very suspect.
    What seems suspicious is there being a noose on exactly one rope of all the ropes they had and that it was put up during the last race.

Sounds like "dumb shit people do when they graduate high school" with a racist twist, but not targeted.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    snip
    You're seriously still trying to play this idiotic game after a picture of the noose in question was shown?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Then what do you make of this:

maybe the guy who tied it was a fisher and wanted to tie a loop knot like he ties his lures, or maybe he just hated his life and didn't want to go home that night.

Here's an alternate use of a "noose". Called a parade knot.

You can use a "noose" to tie a ship to a pier. Not the best knot for it but it will work and it is easy to undo. There are much better knots for it and a slice is better since knots make a rope weaker.

Jesus fucking christ it was a big misunderstanding, can't you people fucking see that?

Mass protests across the US and cops trying to invoke civil war.

Black guy who WORKS WITH a lot of racist assholes sees a noose in his garage

The internet needs to be destroyed. Shit like this needs to stop.

maybe the guy who tied it was a fisher and wanted to tie a loop knot like he ties his lures, or maybe he just hated his life and didn't want to go home that night.

10+ Year Old Account
    That may be. Or NASCAR has some serious regulations about tidy garages.