Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I was actually able to use all azerite traits after 2-3 resets. And ofc, i have never ever spammed IEs and WQs. That's not my cup of tea.

Also, I managed to play my main char + 2 alts.

Guess how many alts I play after EP and Ny'Alotha? Yes. 0.
    So you had low ilvl azerite? Because I had azerite in bags from M+ sitting there with weeks worth of grinding ahead of me before I could equip it. I stopped playing because it was just not worth the time, the game wanted you to clear every world quest every day and then live in islands, it was dog shit. Now it's extremely easy to level up alts

You earn essences on your main and then you casually buy them on your alts. I have 3 chars farming 5 mask visions, 6 chars with level 15 cloak. The game removes most of the cloak quest requirement once you've done on your main, you buy essences with echoes so 7500 echoes and you've got your 3 best + the easy free crucible rank 3 (which also happens to be a good essence for most specs). The game also feeds you gear really quickly so you can get into the 440-445 range with almost no effort, which is just about enough gear to start raiding heroic, if you were so inclined.

In 8.3 the game has a lot to do but that isn't "grind hard just to equip your gear", alts are much easier to gear. If you don't have alts in 8.3 then it has nothing to do with which patch is best, because you can very easily prep alts for mythic raiding by just doing visions for your 450-470 level gear and your 1 Mythic + a week for say 460-475 cache.

Game at launch was just busted, and shit. Game in 8.3 is a game, lots of stuff to do with a clear progression path and multiple routes you can follow.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    So you had low ilvl azerite? Because I had azerite in bags from M+ sitting there with weeks worth of grinding ahead of me before I could equip it. I stopped playing because it was just not worth the time, the game wanted you to clear every world quest every day and then live in islands, it was dog shit. Now it's extremely easy to level up alts

You earn essences on your main and then you casually buy them on your alts. I have 3 chars farming 5 mask visions, 6 chars with level 15 cloak. The game removes most of the cloak quest requirement once you've done on your main, you buy essences with echoes so 7500 echoes and you've got your 3 best + the easy free crucible rank 3 (which also happens to be a good essence for most specs). The game also feeds you gear really quickly so you can get into the 440-445 range with almost no effort, which is just about enough gear to start raiding heroic, if you were so inclined.

In 8.3 the game has a lot to do but that isn't "grind hard just to equip your gear", alts are much easier to gear. If you don't have alts in 8.3 then it has nothing to do with which patch is best, because you can very easily prep alts for mythic raiding by just doing visions for your 450-470 level gear and your 1 Mythic + a week for say 460-475 cache.

Game at launch was just busted, and shit. Game in 8.3 is a game, lots of stuff to do with a clear progression path and multiple routes you can follow.
    You got it all wrong.

Let me fix it for you:

Game at launch was "you level up, you play the game". Game in 8.3 is "you level up, you grind azerite, you grind essences, you grind echoes, you grind corruption gear, you grind legendary cloak, you grind cloak resistance".... AND THEN you can play the game

Just ding ANY char to 120 now and let me know how much time would you need for that char to become viable in, let's say..... 2.2k, 2.4k rated pvp or 5-6-7/12M Ny'Alotha.

It would take you WEEKS of grinding!

And that's what's wrong about game!

8.3 brought nothing but broken system.

10+ Year Old Account
    so whatever happened to algalon?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    You got it all wrong.

Let me fix it for you:

Game at launch was "you level up, you play the game".
    Yeah and playing the game was grinding artifact power so you could equip azerite. You had no other real goals, just "AP".. Now you have lots of goals, none of which are mandatory but all of which are worthwhile, you're not trying to hit an arbitrary number just so that you can equip the upgrades you already earned 2 weeks ago.

The game on launch was "oh wow guys you should try warfronts and islands, ground breaking new AI".. Yeah fucking great. It was horrible, maybe the raid was good if you liked it fine, but it was broken as a game and the sheer volume of complaints and feedback about this at the time was testement to that.

Now you can gear an alt in like days, no road blocks or mountains to climb because of catchup systems. You don't see casuals and pro players alike making weekly threads, twitter posts or youtube videos talking about how badly broken the game is in 8.3, you did on launch.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Agree, 8.3 is pretty bad. I would like my class and spec be just that, a class/spec, not being benched while the "corrupted and at the same time blessed by Azeroth" me is doing the work.

Shadowlands can't come soon enough. Oh wait, don't come too soon, nameen.

Let loot be loot.
    i cant wait til it happens in shadowlands and people are still salty. i saw it today on reddit "why cant i buy any dungeon drops at 475 with residuum? im tired of rng".

i rmember when you didnt get uprgrades every week. i remember still enjoying the game.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Ah yes, the 8.3 retrospective we all needed.

Pack it up, folks. Some random guy's blog has declared 8.3 a bad patch. We can all unsub in peace now!
    I mean. It's your choice if you want to keep playing a bad product. It's entirely within your right to enjoy mediocrity.

Just like it's entirely within your right to spend your time defending your favourite game and corporation.

Some people don't like eating shit sandwiches.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i cant wait til it happens in shadowlands and people are still salty. i saw it today on reddit "why cant i buy any dungeon drops at 475 with residuum? im tired of rng".

i rmember when you didnt get uprgrades every week. i remember still enjoying the game.
    Yeah, upgrades is just part of the game. Personally I don't mind stuff like WF/TF and stuff like that, but I would like my abilities and my skill be the biggest contribution on how much throughput I do, thats why I am not a fan of corruption specifically.

But we'll see how Let loot be loot will work out. I am a fan of having less loot across the board though, and they said they would have to do that if they were going with "Let loot be loot". Like you said, I also remember when I didn't get upgrades every week. It happened in BfA too because there are so many things like azerite traits, corruption and secondary stats being so much better than main stat that I were stuck on no upgrades for weeks and months even though 470-475 pieces were thrown after me weekly.

I want a more steadily and smoother gearing progress. Were upgrades are more meaningful. I guess that's my point

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    I mean. It's your choice if you want to keep playing a bad product. It's entirely within your right to enjoy mediocrity.

Just like it's entirely within your right to spend your time defending your favourite game and corporation.

What a hot take! You think the game sucks so anybody who doesn't think the game sucks is just bending over and taking it from Blizzard. Christ dude, I get you don't like the game in its current state but it's beyond offensive to imply anybody who doesn't share your opinion is simping for a major corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post

You can criticize a product without calling people fanboys, or by not doing anything you're currently doing right now.

I personally don't like 8.3, but if people like it, then who tf cares?

People have been doomsaying WoW since TBC. A couple bad expansions with some still enjoyable content changes nothing tbh.

With all the booster/gold seller spam in /2 it sure feels like some free to play Asian MMO knock-off right now.

Personally, I have decided to focus more on the things I enjoy about 8.3 rather than the negative sides. Leveling up my twinks, farming mounts and pets from invasions, run 5 mask visions ... ect.
    Every patch has its good and bad features. Granted that we needed 2 hotfixes to get the catch up mechanics anywhere near where they should have been from the start, but as a non-"progress raiding super hardcore pro-gamer", I can't say that I'm facing challenges that I can not overcome.
    Last edited by RyudoTFO; 2020-06-30 at 05:52 AM.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.