Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Alliance Icecrown (Spoilers)

Alliance and Horde leaders(mostly alliance, lol) meet up at Icecrown to discuss what happened. Calia and Valeera confirmed "Horde". LMAO!! Slyvanus captures Blanduin. I stole the screenshots from the official forums.

Last edited by Tripzzz; 2020-06-25 at 10:53 PM.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    It is kind of annoying that the alliance gets some major players to show up ... and the biggest Horde person is ... Lor'themar ... don't get me wrong, I want to see more love thrown his way, but it just seems weird.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Calia confirmed Forsaken leader. It's late, but I can treat myself to a glass without fucking over work tomorrow.

That aside, I am more motivated to fight Sylvanas now than I was before - she's forcing me to bust Baine out of prison yet again. And Anduin too now for the double whammy.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Seems Slyvanus abducted more leaders than just Blanduin. Probably Burgerboy.

I hope that screenshot is not final and Suevanas isn't going to dab on every single horde and alliance leader at the same time.

I'm also still interested to see if part of the pre-patch event is slyvanas beating up the ebon blade on the way to the frozen throne. Since it's clearly Darion who informs the horde and alliance of what happens at icecrown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calia being 'Horde' makes sense for the sake of the Forsaken who just got fucked over by their previous ruler. Though, for Valeera, not sure if it confirms her being Horde by standing next to Horde - else that would make Mayla and Baine Alliance for having stood next to Alliance leaders before.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Though I despise Sylvanas, her new model looks clean. It is unfortunate that it will be ruined by 25 players at some point during Shadowlands, but oh well.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-06-25 at 10:05 PM.

Horde is such a joke nowadays...

Look at their "representation":

1) A pretty blood elf, who used to fight for the Alliance in WC3 and before, and even now hangs mainly around Anduin.

2) A less pretty blood elf, who prefers company of Jaina and Thalyssra to that of original horde races.

3) A less feral night elf, called nightborne. Especially weird, considering its MORE feral cousins are part of the Alliance.

4) Undead human that is undead because she was killed by Horde Warchief a few months earlier - killed because she tried to make Forsaken defect to the Alliance.

5) A troll. A sad last element of that list, as I have truly no idea which troll is that supposed to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Calia confirmed Forsaken leader. It's late, but I can treat myself to a glass without fucking over work tomorrow.

That aside, I am more motivated to fight Sylvanas now than I was before - she's forcing me to bust Baine out of prison yet again. And Anduin too now for the double whammy.
    Its like Karma - you get to enjoy your little genocide fantasy and being undefeatable and unrepentant war criminals beating Alliance which is reduced to whimpering NPC faction... but then you have to serve Calia and the like. Begs for a question - was it worth it? Dont think so. But also kinda nice since we already lost everything and you are merely on your first step down this road of pain potentially.

I do like the Maw aesthetic though, I'll say that much.

@Tripzzz

Gazlowe isn't in that meeting. Neither is Ji. I knew that dastardly Sylvanas would want to abduct them, important as they are to the functioning of the Horde.

@VladlTutushkin

Oh, no, our road was sealed the second BTS came out and I called all of this, this is just the wrap-up. The Forsaken and MU orcs are already dead and buried, as is the faction. You only need to look that lineup to know as much,

Tyrande though still has to learn her lesson about love and peace from Calia. Sadly, I like current Tyrande, so I won't be able to get much out of it.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-06-25 at 10:05 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Calia being 'Horde' makes sense for the sake of the Forsaken who just got fucked over by their previous ruler. Though, for Valeera, not sure if it confirms her being Horde by standing next to Horde - else that would make Mayla and Baine Alliance for having stood next to Alliance leaders before.
    Many Horde players do consider Baine to be "Alliance". Calia as the new forsaken leader is gonna piss off alot of forsaken players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Horde is such a joke nowadays...

Look at their "representation":

1) A pretty blood elf, who used to fight for the Alliance in WC3 and before, and even now hangs mainly around Anduin.

2) A less pretty blood elf, who prefers company of Jaina and Thalyssra to that of original horde races.

3) A less feral night elf, called nightborne. Especially weird, considering its MORE feral cousins are part of the Alliance.

4) Undead human that is undead because she was killed by Horde Warchief a few months earlier - killed because she tried to make Forsaken defect to the Alliance.

5) A troll. A sad last element of that list, as I have truly no idea which troll is that supposed to be.
    That's Rokhan. The saddest part is he and Darion don't have a unique model. That's kinda messed up imo.
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2020-06-25 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Many Horde players do consider Baine to be "Alliance". Calia as the new forsaken leader is gonna piss off alot of forsaken players.
    But Baine is not Alliance, doesn't matter what players consider, Baine is on the Horde council.

Why? The forsaken already are doomed without leadership. It's either Calia and her new partner, or the Council which wasn't overly popular either. And the loyalist Forsaken can go rot somewhere else.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Also for the life of me I have no idea what the fuck Valeera is doing there. I don't mean on the Horde-side of that meeting, I mean at all.

@Gehco

Because it's the thematic equivalent of making Azshara the Night Elf leader and reconstructing society around arcane magic. So, actually nevermind it isn't, since there's at least three people who play night elf and are in favor of that, whereas Calia's support consists of the writing department and people who support it out of spite. The latter I can at least respect, since they are self-aware, I can't say the same about the writers.

I do like the Maw aesthetic though, I'll say that much.

@Tripzzz

Gazlowe isn't in that meeting. Neither is Ji. I knew that dastardly Sylvanas would want to abduct them, important as they are to the functioning of the Horde.

@VladlTutushkin

Oh, no, our road was sealed the second BTS came out and I called all of this, this is just the wrap-up. The Forsaken and MU orcs are already dead and buried, as is the faction. You only need to look that lineup to know as much,

Tyrande though still has to learn her lesson about love and peace from Calia. Sadly, I like current Tyrande, so I won't be able to get much out of it.
    The art team carries every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Why? The forsaken already are doomed without leadership. It's either Calia and her new partner, or the Council which wasn't overly popular either. And the loyalist Forsaken can go rot somewhere else.
    Well for starters she's not a member of the forsaken either politically or biologically (magically?). Further on a meta-level she represents another step towards the flanderised 'strive to protect the living' bonless nontoxic undead as opposed to the 'badass monster' archetype the vanilla devs designed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    I think it's Rokhan. Though your point still stands because all his lore amounts to "He helped Rexxar and he is in the Arathi Highlands Warfront".
    I don't think he ever accepted any formal role or charge, he kinda appears whenever Blizzard feels like trolls aren't represented enough

Jesus, the more I look at that picture, the more wrong I see - as @Rafoel says, the closest there is to a Horde character there who even visually fits the Horde is Rokhan and he has one of those leper player character models. The Horde has no orcs in it at all. Possibly because there's none left to put there.

Except Green Jesus, but Sylvanas abducts him. Why she doesn't just kill all the abductees is beyond me. It's not like those left over wouldn't go into the Maw anyway to try and stop her, so even it being bait is a bit blase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also for the life of me I have no idea what the fuck Valeera is doing there. I don't mean on the Horde-side of that meeting, I mean at all.

@Gehco

Because it's the thematic equivalent of making Azshara the Night Elf leader and reconstructing society around arcane magic. So, actually nevermind it isn't, since there's at least three people who play night elf and are in favor of that, whereas Calia's support consists of the writing department and people who support it out of spite. The latter I can at least respect, since they are self-aware, I can't say the same about the writers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Well for starters she's not a member of the forsaken either politically or biologically (magically?). Further on a meta-level she represents another step towards the flanderised 'strive to protect the living' bonless nontoxic undead as opposed to the 'badass monster' archetype the vanilla devs designed.
    Well, new writing comes now and then. Both options for the Forsaken currently are both newly created, uncommon to the nature of the Forsaken and against their previous ruler. Calia believes she has a duty to fulfill while the Council just wants to be able to live among their own, and their relatives.

Bolvar just turns back from being the Lich King to a highlord like that? Is there even anything left of his powers?