Page 43 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Nothing is a crime until you're convicted, what a fun argument to waste a day debating.
    Which is why we have courts. There is a reason humans came up with them. If she was sexually abused/assaulted, then that is where this is to be settled, not by equally sensitive and overly dramatic people on the internet. In truth, the problem isn't with her and the likes, but the likes of Method who allow this to actually be a thing that's taken this far. Got a problem with Josh doing this to others in your guild? Kick him out and that's it. You want Josh to stay because you need him as a player? Kick the sensitive person out and that's it. Make a decision and move on.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2020-06-25 at 10:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    What's their evidence? A picture of Josh captioned in a profane way that he sent to them?
    Knowingly soliciting sex/nudes from underage people, even on the internet, shockingly, is a crime.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    okay let me help you with this. asking your female employee if you can sleep in her room is not acceptable. she said yes because she was afraid to say no. that is the problem. it doesnt matter if nothing happened, it was extremely inappropriate, anyone can see that.
    sounds like she wasn't afraid because of fear of business repercussions though, but afraid because of personality.

probably still inappropiate, but who hasn't been in a funny sleeping arrangement situation themselves? these things happen. only a problem if she had said no and then they continued the argument imo. as someone mentioned alternatives were available, just less comfortable.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-06-25 at 10:17 PM.

If this happened while he was her boss then it's a 4th degree sexual offense to even solicit sex while holding power over someone. Textbook criminal offense. Not a felony, but certainly not legal.
    Nothing in there says he "solicited sex".

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    In the case of josh if what he did is indeed illegal she should have gone to the police so they can do something about it.
    Exactly, but that is apparently a foreign concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Nothing happened!
    You really didn't read the whole tweet.

"For the last couple days, we had more Method members join us, and Sascha gave up his room for them. He didn't want to sleep downstairs in the living room where my friend was since the AC was bad there, so he placed an airbed in my room. I was too scared to say no, I didn't want to be awkward, I wanted to be strong and confident. I remember staying up most of the night, but nothing happened ofc, which also made me feel like I'm stupid for being like this."

Annie could have slept in the living room !with her friend! if she didn't want the guy in her room. Just saying.
    While I'm all for women actually taking some personal responsibility in such cases, it is kinda awkward that you would place your airbed in a woman's room. I would personaly only ever consider doing that if the women was of the dude-bro kind or I was the most raging gay diva under the sun, not when I'm straight and she is some meek late teen girl streamer (form what I've seen of her so far).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Knowingly soliciting sex/nudes from underage people, even on the internet, shockingly, is a crime.
    Why wasn't this reported to the police? The police and courts seem to be the shockingly absent elements here. Twitter became the new court, the new law enforcement and the new arena for global politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is why we have courts. There is a reason humans came up with them. If she was sexually abused/assaulted, then that is where this is to be settled, not by equally sensitive and overly dramatic people on the internet.
    Great, but Josh isn't in prison is he - he's a free man, able to continue his long and illustrious streaming career outside of the Method brand. And not on Twitch of course, where he was already previously banned for being a skeezy bitch.

As long as he's not incarcerated then who cares, he can just ignore all the comments directed at him on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    okay let me help you with this. asking your female employee if you can sleep in her room is not acceptable. she said yes because she was afraid to say no. that is the problem. it doesnt matter if nothing happened, it was extremely inappropriate, anyone can see that.
    She could have moved to her friend in the living room. I mean when there are 2 rooms and a living room, and you have 5 people for the last couple of days, then you gotta move things around.
    It's either
    Annie and the couple in a room
    Annie and her friend in the living room.
    Annie and the guy in a room
    You can stir this forever. 2 rooms + living room, 5 people. Within the same guild flag, so they are not compelete strangers. For a couple of days. And nothing happened. Nothing.

Great, but Josh isn't in prison is he - he's a free man, able to continue his long and illustrious streaming career outside of the Method brand. And not on Twitch of course, where he was already previously banned for being a skeezy bitch.

As long as he's not incarcerated then who cares, he can just ignore all the comments directed at him on the internet
    That's a failure on the legal system, they dropped his case.

But on the same note, if it comes out that a person DIDN'T do what they were accused of, they should be able to get back everything they lost, which also isn't the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why wasn't this reported to the police?
    Because sometimes, just sometimes, victims are afraid of the social backlash from their families and peer groups, especially if they have mental health issues and/or rely on their aggressors for income.

Or if they're underage maybe they don't realize it until they get a bit older that what Uncle Donny was doing to them in the closet was really fucking inappropriate.

Of course he can, that is the point of human freedom unless said freedom is legally taken away.

You have to realize that you're fighting a losing battle here, in this thread a girl hugging you 3 months ago when your dog died is a reasonable precedent to let you grab her hips today because you're feeling kinda horny.
    Is that what Sascha did?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That's a failure on the legal system, they dropped his case.

But on the same note, if it comes out that a person DIDN'T do what they were accused of, they should be able to get back everything they lost, which also isn't the case.
    If someone can prove that accusations were false they can sue for libel, it happens. Just look at Johnny Depp.

Should there be criminal charges in some cases? Sure, probably.

Because sometimes, just sometimes, victims are afraid of the social backlash from their families and peer groups, especially if they have mental health issues and/or rely on their aggressors for income.

Or if they're underage maybe they don't realize it until they get a bit older that what Uncle Donny was doing to them in the closet was really fucking inappropriate.
    Then it's an issue to be addressed by a therapist too, once again not Twitter. And for someone so traumatized, she sure seemed enthusiastic about all the profane things Pilav told her directly over voice chat, with thousands of watching. But hey, she's not losing sleep over that, is she? Or perhaps she will have lost sleep over it, but 2 years later once again?

and yet she doesn't provide any actual evidence of him specifically asking for nudes.

if 16 is legal age where he is at then he hasnt committed a crime just for pussy begging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course he can, that is the point of human freedom unless said freedom is legally taken away.
    So why complain about his treatment, he's perfectly fine and nothing bad has happened to him - he's free.

If someone can prove that accusations were false they can sue for libel, it happens. Just look at Johnny Depp.

Should there be criminal charges in some cases? Sure, probably.
    He still lost millions in contracts when he was accused.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    In the case of josh if what he did is indeed illegal she should have gone to the police so they can do something about it.
    Police sure helped bring justice in regards to---

OJ
    Brian Banks
    Brock Turner
    West Memphis 3
    Central Park 5
    Gable Tostee
    Robert Blake
    Casey Anthony

All the women who have been told that they should've just closed their legs or they shouldn't have had a drink or they shouldn't have wore slutty clothing.

The fact of the matter is the justice system is imperfect. Hopefully the police will be able to do something, but that doesn't change the fact that he shouldn't be allowed to be public figure within any communities, even small ones like the WoW community.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    While I'm all for women actually taking some personal responsibility in such cases, it is kinda awkward that you would place your airbed in a woman's room. I would personaly only ever consider doing that if the women was of the dude-bro kind or I was the most raging gay diva under the sun, not when I'm straight and she is some meek late teen girl streamer (form what I've seen of her so far).
    if you just put it there sure. but i would definitely ask if i could sleep in someone elses room if the alternative was a room with no airco.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-06-25 at 10:26 PM.