Page 45 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    this isnt right. the entire justification is that he was her boss, actually probably more like her boss's boss, and asked to sleep in her room with her. its his fault for putting her in that position, she shouldnt have to answer yes or no to begin with. not trying to be argumentative just helping you understand
    yeah that's the textbook version. in reality i'm sure this sort of situation happens all the time when there is a hickup. and i know a lot of people who would just go for the most practical solution first, and only look for alternatives if that didn't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It can be tied up in further legal battles for as long as heard wants it to be. Litigation is messy.

My boss used to be a litigation lawyer.
    Sure, it can be. It's still the legal recourse to slanderous accusations.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be criminal charges in some cases, but in the context of this thread for instance, there are no charges ebing levied in the first pace. If Josh really feels so strongly that her accusations are slanderous then he should sue her for libel and in doing so also work to clear his name in the court of public opinion.

He won't though.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Jesus, people really don't know how to read...

also some of the comments of people defending josh makes me think we have some sexual harassers/predators in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Would you go after a Vietnam vet telling him that you don't think it's reasonable/believable that he relapsed into having stressful flashbacks after a year or two without any? Nah, because the issue is that you don't actually think she has any emotional trauma.
    I also wouldn't send a Vietnam vet into a war again or put him into situations that might trigger him. Why is she on the internet as a public figure then, when she clearly has a condition that, unless coordinated by a therapist within the frame of confrontational therapy, she shouldn't be?

I indeed don't think that she has any emotional trauma from this. The reason why are a plethora of videos where she shows being fine with way worse, not to mention that she, knowing her condition, became a willing participant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Ah yes, Method, the high-end respectable company, formed by gamers within a community of straight edge and absurdist internet culture, where things like these were previously moderated by integrated systems of blocking and decisions of not participating. It's definitely like working in a university clinic or at a reputable bank.
    You missed the point, I never said that Method was respectable. I said that anyone in ownership or upper level management of a respectable company would understand exactly what is expected of them re: office decorum around employees. That's (partially) why companies have HR departments.

Sure, it can be. It's still the legal recourse to slanderous accusations.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be criminal charges in some cases, but in the context of this thread for instance, there are no charges ebing levied in the first pace. If Josh really feels so strongly that her accusations are slanderous then he should sue her for libel and in doing so also work to clear his name in the court of public opinion.

He won't though.
    Josh is skeez and really needs to be looked at criminally.

Ah yes, Method, the high-end respectable company, formed by gamers within a community of straight edge and absurdist internet culture, where things like these were previously moderated by integrated systems of blocking and decisions of not participating. It's definitely like working in a university clinic or at a reputable bank.
    Doesn't matter what the background is. The moment Method became a business these became the sort of things they have to deal with, same as everyone else.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    I also wouldn't send a Vietnam vet into a war again or put him into situations that might trigger him. Why is she on the internet as a public figure then, when she clearly has a condition that, unless coordinated by a therapist within the frame of confrontational therapy, she shouldn't be?
    You don't necessarily know what triggers a vet though - you've obviously never been close to one with PTSD. They can be set off by so many things that they don't even readily recognize, it just triggers their lizard brain and *snap* they're back. Someone crunching a pinecone in a park too close to them, someone splashing some burning oil on the ground at a BBQ, hearing the electrical buzz of a downed power pole.

You can't just flat out avoid PTSD triggers, therapy is so that you can learn to live with them and slowly lessen their effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Doesn't matter what the background is. The moment Method became a business these became the sort of things they have to deal with, same as everyone else.
    The moment they decided to give these things attention is the moment they have to deal with this. They are well within their rights to kick or keep Josh, depending on the pros and cons.

lol comparing this to shell shock.... this thread is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    yeah that's the textbook version. in reality i'm sure this sort of situation happens all the time when there is a hickup. and i know a lot of people who would just go for the most practical solution first, and only look for alternatives if that didn't work.
    i agree. and i think that had this situation happened to 2 different people who had a different relationship and felt more comfortable with each other, it would be a non-issue. im sure it happens all the time. but in this case it clearly was not okay or she would not have left Method back then and come forward about it now. i get that he might not be a bad guy and in the moment didnt feel like what he was doing was wrong. but when it results in the situation we have now, the blame comes down on the person in the position of authority. a lot of people dont feel like its fair, but thats the responsbility that comes with being in a position like his, you have to be constantly mindful of what you say and do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    lol comparing this to shell shock.... this thread is a joke
    Emotional trauma is indeed a joke unless you've seen people dying around you

Quote Originally Posted by kebabmasterxd View Post
    Jesus, people really don't know how to read...

also some of the comments of people defending josh makes me think we have some sexual harassers/predators in the making.
    people defend the president. people defend lots of things that make no sense.

You have no idea what triggers a vet, you've obviously never met one with PTSD. They can be set off by so many things that they don't even readily recognize, it just triggers their lizard brain and *snap* they're back. Someone crunching a pinecone in a park too close to them, someone splashing some burning oil on the ground at a BBQ, hearing the electrical buzz of a downed power pole.

You can't just flat out avoid PTSD triggers, therapy is so that you can learn to live with them and slowly lessen their effects.
    I actually work with a lot of people that have PTSD, at the highest level of treatment at that. I have not discussed what triggers a war vet and I work with a lot of them in a country that has a lot of them. You're jumping the gun with so many things in your posts, comparing shell shock with this.

Her anxiety and the specifics of it are the equivalent of sending a traumatized war veteran to war again. Trigger factors were not part of the discussion, but a direct analogy was.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2020-06-25 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    people defend the president. people defend lots of things that make no sense.
    Yes lets politicize this... just what this thread needed...

Soliciting sexual photos/acts from underage people (knowingly) is still super duper a crime.
    He was talking about Sascha, not Josh.
    Josh is pretty much on his way to jail unless this is the case that police went through earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    i agree. and i think that had this situation happened to 2 different people who had a different relationship and felt more comfortable with each other, it would be a non-issue. im sure it happens all the time. but in this case it clearly was not okay or she would not have left Method back then and come forward about it now. i get that he might not be a bad guy and in the moment didnt feel like what he was doing was wrong. but when it results in the situation we have now, the blame comes down on the person in the position of authority. a lot of people dont feel like its fair, but thats the responsbility that comes with being in a position like his, you have to be constantly mindful of what you say and do.
    Exactly. Your first thought as a boss/owner on a business-related trip with employees should be 'what is the appropriate thing for me to do re: sleeping arrangements/drinking or partying/paying for meals/etc'. Its importance can't be understated, because fucking it up has huge consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    Yes lets politicize this... just what this thread needed...
    I think he's talking about Trump's sexual assault accusations, not anything political.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    The amount of weasels condoning Joshs behavior in this thread is astounding. Pathetic.
    Except nobody did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually work with a lot of people that have PTSD, at the highest level of treatment at that. I have not discussed what triggers a war vet and I work with a lot of them in a country that has a lot of them. You're jumping the gun with so many things in your posts.

Her anxiety and the specifics of it are the equivalent of sending a traumatized war veteran to war again. Trigger factors were not part of the discussion, but a direct analogy was.
    Still makes no sense because she may have been triggered by something completely outside the realm of streaming. We don't know what triggered her, it could have been a news story she happened to read that resonated.

Apologies for assuming you've never been around people with PTSD but you seem to lack a lot of empathy towards the condition in this case. You wouldn't be the only one in this thread who seems to put war-related emotional trauma above other sources though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Except nobody did that.
    You really think nobody in this thread has done that? In 46 pages?

Boy oh boy oh boy.