2070 Super FE
    G.Skill DDR4 Trident-Z 2x8GB 3600Mhz RGB
    NZXT Kraken x63
    NZXT H210i
    WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 SSD
    2x Samsung EVO 500gb SSD
    Corsair RM750x PSU

Will start overclocking this evening.

Edit: Overclock stable at 5.1ghz with a vcore of 1.32. Will push 5.2ghz with the same vcore next to see what happens.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2020-06-16 at 11:22 AM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

I've seen cool posts here

Last edited by xplodje; 2020-06-23 at 09:28 PM. Reason: edit

CPU is at 5.2ghz Speccy just shows the base clock. Got lucky on the silicone lottery.
    Last edited by Menolikeu; 2020-06-23 at 09:53 PM.
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menolikeu View Post

CPU is at 5.2ghz Speccy just shows the base clock. Got lucky on the silicone lottery.
    Damn i would never trust a ASUS Prime Z390-A board with my i9@5,2GHz. Those VRMs and cooling on the power delivery is a BIG no go. It might run fine now, but i would not trust it to hold long, with such a big OC.

What are the temps on your VRMs, when running that OC?
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Damn i would never trust a ASUS Prime Z390-A board with my i9@5,2GHz. Those VRMs and cooling on the power delivery is a BIG no go. It might run fine now, but i would not trust it to hold long, with such a big OC.

What are the temps on your VRMs, when running that OC?
    Yeah it does seem like underspending a bit on the MoBo compared to everything else. But with enough airflow you should be fine with that board, depending on how much voltage you have to slap through it.
    After all, it comes down to the voltage you run at, not the speed.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Yeah it does seem like underspending a bit on the MoBo compared to everything else. But with enough airflow you should be fine with that board, depending on how much voltage you have to slap through it.
    After all, it comes down to the voltage you run at, not the speed.
    I would still not trust a board with only 4 phases, with an i9
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

I put together my system last weekend. Still rocking an Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070, but everything else is upgraded. A Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO is mounted to the top of the case currently, but I'm wondering if I should mount it in the front instead, since it has vents for the heat to dissipate out. Otherwise I have to keep the top open when I'm gaming, lest it gets pretty hot. Specs are in my signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    I would still not trust a board with only 4 phases, with an i9
    Oh boy do you not want to look at server motherboards with their 4-6 phases then (and yes, that is a 6phase Vcore VRM, with 3 phases for RAM, and 2 for SOC)

And also, ASUS has their weird way of making phases that are basically 2 phases but they forgot doublers. So just treat it as an 8 phase, but with slightly worse ripple.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I put together my system last weekend. Still rocking an Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070, but everything else is upgraded. A Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO is mounted to the top of the case currently, but I'm wondering if I should mount it in the front instead, since it has vents for the heat to dissipate out. Otherwise I have to keep the top open when I'm gaming, lest it gets pretty hot. Specs are in my signature.
    If you don't want to have the top open for exhaust, you want it on intake at the front. Dual intake to single exhaust (rear) will be fine.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Ok so this is going to be alot. Ive delete most of my good photos and some things have changed over the last few months.

#1 Main Desk and PC, Monitor orientation has been swapped since then and a new computer added.

#2 Trying to give a better feel of that side of the office, workbench with 55' monitor on the wall, sorry for the clutter There is a small I5 machine on the bottom shelf of the workbench.

#3 This is the PC that was on the desk, just replaced it with a new rig but moved this to a different workstation
    I7 7700k
    16Gb Ram
    1080Ti
    4TB worth of SSD

#4 This is the new PC that replaced the one above this past week
    Ryzen 9 3900x
    32GB ram
    1TB NVME, 3TB of SSD
    1080Ti

#5 And this is the workstation where the Intel PC was moved to, That side of the office is a work in progress as it has most of my studio lighting taking up half the room next to that workstation. That is a Autonomous sit/stand base with an ikea top.

#6 Chair has been replaced with the Ergochair 2 from Autonomous

Last edited by Moozart; 2020-07-05 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    -snip-
    Can i want everything? Especially the Doctor Who posters.

EDIT: Is the main desk a custom one? Like IKEA pieces built together? I'm searching for ideas - im planning to make the garage another room, so i can move the pc from current place and make space for a second small bedroom. Especially interested in measures of the components.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-07-07 at 03:14 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Got rid of my 700D a while back for space reasons, switched to an old NZXT Phantom 410. Built a compact & quiet server for media/pihole/gameservers while furloughed and decided to make my gaming PC quieter so picked up a new Fractal Define 7 White TG.

Click for bigger versions:

First image is straight parts swap from old case. Second is after replacing RAM heatsinks, CPU cooler, adding vertical GPU riser, building motherboard "armour" covering, and tidying cables. Next step is to wrap/spray the GPU cooler - will probably wrap to match the motherboard cover.

Hardware upgrades will be at the start of next year, I expect. Glad I did the case first though - it was a pleasure to build in it (https://www.fractal-design.com/produ...d-glass/white/)

Plastic peeling goodness: https://i.imgur.com/KbL3YNL.mp4 https://i.imgur.com/Cw3c7SO.mp4

Got some time to do small fixes to cable management, replaced the standard fan controller with noctua fan control units and switched to the fastest RAM kit there is - G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4 32GTZN 3600 CL16 (16-16-16-36, the highest grade Samsung B-Die right now).

Case: Define R6 (PCGH Version)
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3800x
    Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
    Fans: 2x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM (GPU), 6x Noctua NF-A14 PWM (VRM / CASE)
    PSU: Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650 Titanium (SSR-650TR)
    GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO
    RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4 32GTZN 3600 CL16 (2x16GB) (fastest B-Die there is)
    Mainboard: MSI B450 carbon pro ac
    SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo
    NVME: 2x Samsung 970 PRO
    HDDS: 2x 6TB

Last edited by Ange; 2020-07-07 at 11:24 PM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Can i want everything? Especially the Doctor Who posters.

EDIT: Is the main desk a custom one? Like IKEA pieces built together? I'm searching for ideas - im planning to make the garage another room, so i can move the pc from current place and make space for a second small bedroom. Especially interested in measures of the components.
    Thanks! I always get compliments on the Doctor who theme. The main desk was built using the 98" karlby top from ikea and 2 alex drawers. They sell the top in a few different colors and you cant beat the price. I have been using this desk for going on 4 years with ZERO issues, i can EASILY get another 4 out of it. not bad for under $300. At one point I actually had it on the other side of the room in an L shape but decided I did not like the L as much as I thought I would. This is how it was, also before I painted the whole room grey.

-snip-
    Thanks, definitely going to check that. I wanted an L shaped desk, but i want it with a curved corner and that is basically way too costly for my tastes. Also, i like my desk to be deep (like 70cm or more, i like my monitor to be far enough) - but for that i can just couple 2 tops and put a couple legs in the back corners behind. I'll probably also add some sort of wood profile towards the back to hide power plugs and cables.

EDIT: rofl, i was searching on the "desks" section but karlby is a kitchen top makes sense though, they're much more robust. I think i'm gonna make it, hopefully sooner than later.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-07-08 at 12:57 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    That is some impressive cable management, I don't think people realize how hard and time consuming it is to deal with that amount of cable 's. People laugh when my wife tells them that i spend twice as long doing cable management as i do building the actual PC.

That is some impressive cable management, I don't think people realize how hard and time consuming it is to deal with that amount of cable 's. People laugh when my wife tells them that i spend twice as long doing cable management as i do building the actual PC.
    Thanks, but the main objective was not to make it pretty, I just made sure nothing is squeezed and easy to access, because I will change/replace storage and or the fan resitors. Had to use the amount of volume there was to make it work.

Its not a gamer rig with board-cpu-ram-nvme and a gpu, different tools for different people.
    -

I usually don't like guys rooms/offices but Moozart's is nice!
    Tom Baker would approve.
    /flips scarf

Minor update:

Not sure whether to replace SATA cables or cover them, and still need to do something about the SoundBlaster Z's red lights.