Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Better have notable characters then random nobodies. It gives an emotional connection.
    Sure, if the choice is between those. But it isn't. Your character is not a random nobody anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Sure, if the choice is between those. But it isn't. Your character is not a random nobody anymore.
    Your character became a "chosen champion" in WoTLK, really.

- - - Updated - - -

Also:

"Once again calm your tits about the lore..."

How? This shit's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Once again calm your tits about the lore...

Better have notable characters then random nobodies. It gives an emotional connection.
    Like I said, it’s a fine line. Like I think there should definitely be characters like Jaina showing up to the fights, but I don’t think it should be every single time we’re doing something. I think WotLK and MoP probably did it best. BFA alliance story actually did a great job with Jaina too because it made sense for her to be there

I guess it’s fine for the leaders to be there since Sylvanas kidnapped a lot of them and the rest are showing up to save them. It kind of depends on how much of a role they play in the rest of the zones, but I haven’t really seen them being at the forefront of a lot of the leveling quests so far, which is nice. Maybe we’re given a choice to send them back to the land of the living and we have to stay behind after we hit level cap or something?

Anyway, I was fine with our character being just an adventurer. Like sure we were famous because we’ve fought along all these campaigns but we kind of jumped from “hey I’m just here to fight” to being a leader in an army to being the chosen champion of our gods. I know that kind of has to happen since the threats have constantly escalated(which makes sense. Where do you go after each new world ending threat?)

I had a point here somewhere but I kind of lost it. Anyway, it’s fine to have legendary champions and leaders fighting alongside our character but at the same time should they always be at the center of attention? It’s a fine line and I kind of feel like it got out of hand after MoP but it seems to be shifting back in SL. I just find it weird that we wouldn’t do more to protect our leaders but I guess Sylvanas is 3sneak5us

Edit: but also I guess we need more of a reason to go to the SL other than you know...the threat of the veil between life and death being shattered

- - - Updated - - -

I didn’t notice Lor’themar saying “yo this is a bad idea”
    Last edited by gunner_recall; 2020-06-26 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    I guess it’s fine for the leaders to be there since Sylvanas kidnapped a lot of them and the rest are showing up to save them. It kind of depends on how much of a role they play in the rest of the zones, but I haven’t really seen them being at the forefront of a lot of the leveling quests so far, which is nice. Maybe we’re given a choice to send them back to the land of the living and we have to stay behind after we hit level cap or something?
    None of them are showing up to save anybody. Genn and Lor'themar agree that they have to stay behind to make sure Horde and Alliance don't do stupid, while Tyrande only goes to SL for vengeance and runs off before we even arrive.

Seems like they're doubling down on the whole "time is wonky there", though. The 4 kidnapped people apparently have been there for a while already, even though they've only been gone for a short time.

None of them are showing up to save anybody. Genn and Lor'themar agree that they have to stay behind to make sure Horde and Alliance don't do stupid, while Tyrande only goes to SL for vengeance and runs off before we even arrive.
    Yeah, I just noticed that reading through it again. I missed it the first time

Seems like they're doubling down on the whole "time is wonky there", though. The 4 kidnapped people apparently have been there for a while already, even though they've only been gone for a short time.
    I kinda love how Genn's now like "Ok. Alliance. Don't do stupid shit with the Horde" after an entire Expansion of him going "FUCK THE HORDE! FUCK THEM! REEE!"

I DID notice that. Thrall says something about how they’ve been tortured, that makes me kind of excited for the aftermath of SL

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Ok peeps I’m going to beat every youtuber to the “shadowlands prep guide”

1. Get your limited time shit done

2. Level your alts so you get professions and easy gold ready

3. Get flasks and 1min potion to macro for leveling

4. Get the daze proof or glider mount gear

5. Collect as much gold as possible because the profession stuff is super important
    youtuber's will reverse DMCA this post for reducing their income

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    They haven't had a pass yet.

I am more worried for Trolls and Draenei right now. They got some sort of customization pass, but it's kind of minimal.
    they did, they got some lackluster options, a few skin colors, not even blackrock and dragonmaw

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they did, they got some lackluster options, a few skin colors, not even blackrock and dragonmaw
    Yeah, but I mean I think every race has had skins and texture stuff.

I mean after they get hairstyles, beards, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    To anyone who has done the Maw. Does it seem to be about the size of the broken shore? Thats about how big I imagine it is looking at the map.

Gnomes really need more. Just a couple of hairstyles, one of which is from Wrath, and a few skin tones. We need more!

Didn't they say Blood Elves alone are getting hundreds of customization options? I'm keeping my expectations low but I wouldn't be surprised if every race gets several more passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    IIRC they said Blood Elves were getting about 40+ changes, and that they were one of the races who got the most.
    Well, every race should get equal customization either way. I'd hate to see Orcs get left behind when Blood Elves of all races, get put on a pedestal.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    I didn’t notice Lor’themar saying “yo this is a bad idea”
    Did he really say "yo"? Man that elf is bringin' the groove into Shadowlands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Did he really say "yo"? Man that elf is bringin' the groove into Shadowlands.
    How Lor’themar Got His Groove Back

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    To anyone who has done the Maw. Does it seem to be about the size of the broken shore? Thats about how big I imagine it is looking at the map.
    the original area, the bigger part is blocked off i far sighted to get a glimpse of the other area, no npcs or nothing but a few areas that could be very densely populated

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Baine: The Jailer's Army is as big as the Legion's, and it's growing larger.

Ayo what the fuck?! An Army that's bigger than the fucking Burning Legion?! THE BURNING LEGION?! Ah hell nah bro!!!

This is BEYOND the Titans and Sargeras at this rate.
    Pretty sure thats just Baines perception. He couldnt have seen THAT much of the Jailers forces, and we never saw the true numbers of the legion either (its millions and millions of demons, stretched across countless planets). the stuff weve seen in legion were just the ones they managed to get to azeroth and the ones stationed on the parts of argus we visited
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Pretty sure thats just Baines perception. He couldnt have seen THAT much of the Jailers forces, and we never saw the true numbers of the legion either (its millions and millions of demons, stretched across countless planets). the stuff weve seen in legion were just the ones they managed to get to azeroth and the ones stationed on the parts of argus we visited
    I mean, Bolvar says, that "Shadowlands are infinite". They also predate Titans iirc, so it's not a stretch to claim that.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.