OpenRaid is back?

I went looking for OpenRaid to try and get my AotC before the mount goes away and it looks like everything has been shut down. I did come across another site though that looks like it serves the same purpose. It sounds like it's even at least part of the original OR team building it so hopefully it's legit.

https://herolobby.com/home

Has anybody used the new one and, if so, is it worth signing up for?

seems irrelevent because of group finder

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Eh, some people like to find a raid ahead of time instead of scrambling when they're off

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Eh, some people like to find a raid ahead of time instead of scrambling when they're off
    Exactly. I'd much rather log in and know that I'm going to have a group available and ready to run who knows what my character is bringing in terms of ilvl, experience, etc vs playing whack-a-mole with the group-finder.

Plus filtering through all the "WTS AotC, 100k gold" etc runs is such a pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I used OpenRaid a lot even in the period it overlapped with the group finder because it was nice to set up certain runs that are harder to fill on the fly (achievement groups for example). I led multiple Herald of the Titans runs on OpenRaid, something that would be nearly impossible to set up through the in-game tool.

It was also very useful for finding a regular raid to run with that didn't require joining a guild. I found my Mythic HFC raid this way once it went cross-server because there weren't many mythic groups running on my realm and most of them expected guild membership. While some people recruit through the group tool, it's not really designed for that and is not ideal for finding a regular team to work with. It might happen incidentally if you find some cool people, but that's not really the same thing as seeking a team.

I didn't know about this new site though so thanks OP!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

There are a lot of Discord communities that you can get into for raids too. I've PUGged all the BFA raid achievements, for instance, by finding group announces in the Achievements discord and then showing up for when those are scheduled (a lot are impromptu groups, but some are scheduled out weeks in advance).

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Guaranteed spots ahead of time over wasting your time trying to join or make a group at the moment... I prefer the planner approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    There are a lot of Discord communities that you can get into for raids too. I've PUGged all the BFA raid achievements, for instance, by finding group announces in the Achievements discord and then showing up for when those are scheduled (a lot are impromptu groups, but some are scheduled out weeks in advance).
    Discord is great for posting persistent information, but i find it really hard to find scheduled events on it if there is a lot, the website is super easy to look through and filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Discord is great for posting persistent information, but i find it really hard to find scheduled events on it if there is a lot, the website is super easy to look through and filter.
    This. I have done some crazy things on Discord, but open raid is still easier. Still surprised by Discord, what I have gotten out of it is so good I dont even wanna tell it here.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yeah, I used OpenRaid a lot even in the period it overlapped with the group finder because it was nice to set up certain runs that are harder to fill on the fly (achievement groups for example). I led multiple Herald of the Titans runs on OpenRaid, something that would be nearly impossible to set up through the in-game tool.
    Yeah, OpenRaid and the group finder weren't mutually exclusive, and I also used OpenRaid up until it shut down. While the group finder is much more convenient for your more common things, it is pretty much useless for groups that take a long time to gather people for, be it for example an old achievement part of a WOD Meta or something. You could organize that on OR, or sign up for one, and then go about your business until it was ready to go (or a schedule) while now with group finder, for these rarer runs, you aren't able to do BGs or islands when since you are "queued" in the grp finder.

I also met several friends via OR, kinda miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Guaranteed spots ahead of time over wasting your time trying to join or make a group at the moment... I prefer the planner approach.
    You could also screen geouls or individuals upfront. Open
    Raid was extremely helpful for my raid for some of the lean summer months. It ended up being a decent recruiting tool also.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Maybe we could get one in game :O sign up for groups in advanced, get approved and it makes a thingamajig on your calendar
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself