Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Miseration View Post
    Cancel culture is the worst. I hope they get to the bottom of the 'issue' and fix this
    100% agree, cancel culture is the most retarded thing there is. Then again, it's really right in these times, where cancel culture is literally everywhere.

I dont know Swifty personally so can't say for sure, but i really doubt these accusations. The whole metoo thing proved there were so many fake accusations. There is no "innocent until proven guilty" with these people..

Besides, Swifty hasnt been relevant for a long time, when was he making videos last? I cant even remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    In what situation would it make any sense for someone to get into a "he said, she said" argument on the internet? This topic is not for the internet to pass judgement, it's a civil matter between two people or it's a criminal matter to be dealt with by the law. Going on the internet and addressing every point would just be dumb.

I really don't see the logic here that him trying to point his values is some admission of guilt. I mean that really more speaks to me as a projection of your own reaction to similar situations. Because plenty of innocent people have responded in such a way, everyone is different and It's really scary to think that people will pass judgement for not responding to a situation in the way they feel is right.

What speaks more than anything is that Swifty is known widely for his gentle/caring persona. This is gonna be another Johnny Depp case I'm 99% certain, some crazy evil bitch trying to ruin a persons career because something didn't go her way, and if I'm wrong I will eat my words.
    So what about the Nano_Kitten allegations? She was at Swifty's with an Origin PC employee. They reached out to Origin PC executives. Origin PC did nothing at the time. Fast forward to 2020, Nano_Kitten spills the tea, Takarita writes a story that back's up what Nano_Kitten says. An email FROM 2015 has been released from the perspective of the Origin PC staff member who was a first hand witness. And the rest is history.

Everyone seems to be ignoring the actual victim in this story, Nano_Kitten.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Why wouldn't they?

If he's innocent - They've only harmed swifty, and are able to say "We believe ALL women" - no one will really care.

If he's guilty - Then they made the right choice immediately.

There's no loss here for anyone but Swifty.
    There isnt any proof, and they removed an old icon that many loved and enjoyed. If "no one really cared" there wouldnt be this and many other threads, discussions on youtube, in game etc.

Obv. people care. Blizzard just got a lot of -rep

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Next week's headline: "To curb rampant sexual deviancy, Blizzard has decided to replace Goldshire Inn with a giant, photo realistic statue of George Floyd. Moving forward, every player is now required to /kneel in front of the monument for 8 minutes and 46 seconds while J Allen Brack lectures the player about the perils of racial inequality in modern society. After the end of the lecture, players will be asked a series of increasingly uncomfortable questions to determine their "wokeness." If a certain threshold is not met, the player will be permanently banned and Blizzard will inform the FBI of the potential hostility they possess."
    Not even that far-fetched, which is both sad and scary.

...dont see how his life is getting ruined..

I mean with all the sponsorships and whatnot he had he probably can cut his losses, downsize a bit and retire doesnt seem to be enough evidence for a criminal case.

Oh the humanity

fair that blizzard and the rest don't want to be associated with criminals sure, but in my opinion they would have to wait into after he is a convicted criminal before taking distance, same with any other company.

now on swifty's guilt or not, that is not up to me to decide but a court of law.

now to people talking about the accousers having trouble reporting it to the police, that has nothing to do with the accused it does have everything to do with having shitty police not doing their job and you should be shouting to get that fixed instead of backing the accusers just because.
    now lets try make a hypothetical scenario where swifty is a women and tara is a man and let the same play out and see what you would think most would then jump to swifty's defense as that would not be the women, and that is a very big problem as the support would then fall to the women not because of what has happened but because of gender(not that the claimed crime is not bad that im not decousing as it is bad in my opinion, but it is not our job to judge).

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Might makes right. If white people have the social power to be treated as social gods who can do no wrong, then they have earned it.
    I made a slight alteration to your quote. Does it still stand? If no, then it never stood in the first place.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I made a slight alteration to your quote. Does it still stand? If no, then it never stood in the first place.
    to be fair been there done that approximately 100 years back and it stood then.

it won't stand now thou
    (trying to put a little fun into the threat to with some dark humor)

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Quick question: would you have this exact same opinion if you were in Swifty's shoes? Would you be okay if you lost your job, money and got irreparably defamed online, because people were too quick to act before finding you if you actually were guilty or not of the accusations?

Would you still be thinking "eh, only I got fucked over this, despite me being innocent, so it's fine"?
    No, and I'm not OK with it now.

I was responding to the scenario from a PoV that would be Blizzard's in this situation.

Everything to gain by harming Swifty and Swifty alone. As these things go - there will never be "proof", only the implications. You have to distance yourself as a company in these scenarios, you have absolutely zero choice. The negative press you'd get from players for "Wrongfully eliminating" him PALES in comparison to backing a sexual predator.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    There isnt any proof, and they removed an old icon that many loved and enjoyed. If "no one really cared" there wouldnt be this and many other threads, discussions on youtube, in game etc.

Obv. people care. Blizzard just got a lot of -rep
    Honestly I don't give a flying fuck about this whole situation but blizzard did lose Rep in my eyes for acting upon some twitter rumors.
    And how fast they acted.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its not that they think he is guilty,its just a pr move
    Removing his NPC and cutting ties is basically Blizzard saying he's guilty. This "PR Move" stuff is the cowards way out. They're condemning him.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    "Earned it" kinda implies that they have done something to do so. Which, you know, they didn't. Unless having a vagina means earning it, because that's all they did to make the world believe they are these infallible creatures who can do no wrong.
    found the incel......jk there's a bunch of you

Dark Helmet: "I'm surrounded by incels!"
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Amazing the dumb shit people care about. Some nobody on YouTube? Really? That's what this thread is about? I wish I was a dumb teenager with no job, so that this is the biggest worry in my life now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    I mean, he was kicked out of Magic the Gathering for harassing and stalking a woman, so naturally he is outraged.

Not really. I rarely read Vice and if I do, its mostly out of boredom for fun or interesting articles, never really for news.
    Thequartering was kicked out for harrassing someone?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    Removing his NPC and cutting ties is basically Blizzard saying he's guilty. This "PR Move" stuff is the cowards way out. They're condemning him.
    and if the allegations were proven true and they did nothing, people would scream "they did nothing until it was too late"

Quote Originally Posted by garfeeld View Post
    and if the allegations were proven true and they did nothing, people would scream "they did nothing until it was too late"
    Nobody would bat an eye if they did nothing. Nobody would be outraged because they "didn't remove his npc".
    This is just fucking hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by garfeeld View Post
    The ex-marketing lead of Blizzard claimed he was aware of the investigation into MethodJosh over two years ago and they never took action. There's more people thanking him for bringing it up on Twitter yesterday than there are people chastising Blizzard for doing "nothing until it was too late".

This should serve as a lesson for people: Corporations are not your friend.

Representatives may chat with you, you may be respected through an ingame cameo, but they, as well as any sponsor and online streamer friend will throw you under the bus at the slightest scent of any trouble before you can even go "Wha?"

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Is getting accused of sexual assault or harrassment a very real threat for some of you??

It must suck now that people have more or less given up on a broken justice system, the idea that you will be held accountable must be terrifying.
    You clearly don't understand the situation at all. You're basically making the same argument as 'if you're not guilty then you've got nothing to hide!' which has always been bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    society has lost "innocent until proven guilty".

now its immediate guilt.. sever ties just in case. hope you can prove your innocence, we dont really care as our gnat like attention span will have moved on by the time you can.

cancel culture and pre-emptive actions are a plague.

if he is found guilty.. then fine, be the first to dismiss any and all ties, and denounce the behavior. but until then.. we must stand true to "innocent until proven guilty" and question ALL accusations for proof.
    "Innocent until proven guilty" doesn't apply to the court of public opinion. It's a legal thing.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

More no smoke without fire but okay
    Right, because there's absolutely no one out there who would abuse the power of a trial by public opinion to just fucking lie because they want to ruin someone they think wronged them.

It's more like "no smoke without fire" but okay
    I think the ability of being accused of one of the worst crimes out of the blue with no real way to defend yourself where even your own friends will consider you guilty before you even open your mouth should scare anyone.

But some people aren't very forward thinking, so I guess it can't be helped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    "Innocent until proven guilty" doesn't apply to the court of public opinion. It's a legal thing.
    Not really. It's an ideal that applies beyond courts. Just as free speech does.