Republicans and V8 Engine owners Help Penguins

Apparently It is Republicans and gas guzzler vehicle owners helping the Earth after all, and Hippies making things worse. This is what they want you to think: But the reality is this: https://weather.com/science/nature/n...rctica-sea-ice Less ice is actually helping the penguins find food, and they can travel more easily. The penguins were quoted saying "Thank you Trump and V8 vehicle owners" but this recording was destroyed by AOC and Bernie Sanders. Clearly, if you drive a Prius you hate penguins. Help the Earth, drive a Dodge Hellcat.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-06-26 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

What's your point?

One specific animal in a complex ecosystem (not just the Arctic, but the whole mother fucking planet) seems to be doing well in the changing environmental conditions, while literally millions of others are getting fucked over.

The idiotic absurd fucking subhuman moronic little shitty out of context quips you climate change deniers like to throw out are so abysmally retarded that the English language lacks of sufficient vocabulary to describe it accurately.

Adelie penguins doing great...here are 11 other major Arctic species that are doing fucking shit.

https://www.wwf.org.uk/updates/11-ar...climate-change

And this is just the arctic.

Places in fucking Siberia are hitting 100+ F temperatures right now. It's getting as hot in the goddamn arctic as in fucking Arizona! And the heatwave is snowballing because so far up north, the sun won't set for months to come, not giving the soil/ice/water a chance to experience nighttime cooling, so the top soil, peat and arctic forests are on fire.

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/im...orches-siberia

This is after a winter that was so warm that in many places in the arctic there was absolutely no snow formation and many places it never even froze.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2020-06-25 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Apparently It is Republicans and gas guzzler vehicle owners helping the Earth after all, and Hippies making things worse. This is what they want you to think: But the reality is this: https://weather.com/science/nature/n...rctica-sea-ice Less ice is actually helping the penguins find food, and they can travel more easily. The penguins were quoted saying "Thank you Trump and V8 vehicle owners" but this recording was destroyed by AOC and Bernie Sanders. Clearly, if you drive a Prius you hate penguins. Help the Earth, drive a Dodge Hellcat.
    Jesus tittyfucking...

7+ Year Old Account
    The Anthropocene has arrived, that's where humanity increasingly influences and dominates the environment.

In the rest of the universe all the big things like stars and big-mass black holes dominate their neighborhood, but on planet Earth it's the little things(us) that will dominate our planet. We punch far above our weight!

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik
    while literally millions of others are getting fucked over.
    The environment and non-human animals have no moral value. Only people give meaning to existence, nothing else.

Humanism +1
    Environmentalism +0

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    The Anthropocene has arrived, that's where humanity increasingly influences and dominates the environment.

In the rest of the universe all the big things like stars and big-mass black holes dominate their neighborhood, but on planet Earth it's the little things(us) that will dominate our planet. We punch far above our weight!

The environment and non-human animals have no moral value. Only people give meaning to existence, nothing else.

Humanism +1
    Environmentalism +0
    Oh fuck off with that retarded nonsense already.

There's a run-amok melting of the fucking permafrost in the Arctic, permafrost that has bonding bonding absurd amounts of carbon and methane, the release of which is causing a small scale runaway greenhouse effect. Furthermore there are massive biological risks involved as the permafrost is also containing micro organisms that haven't freely existed in hundreds of thousands to millions of years, to which neither we or other animals or plants have resistance or immunity.

https://e360.yale.edu/digest/extreme...climate_change if the current heating trends hold (and there's absolutely no indication of any reason why wouldn't, cuz you know PHYSICS) hundreds of millions of people will find themselves in environments that literally cannot sustain human life within ONE MOTHERFUCKING GENERATION. Cities, pipelines and industrial facilities in Russia are collapsing on their own as the permafrost they built on is thawing. https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...norilsk-russia

And this is completely not even going into the fact that fishing will be wiped out, which feeds a few hundred million people, or the endless cycles of droughts when something like 80% of the world's population is just one bad drought away from starvation. In one fucking generation we will have billions of people living in places WHERE THEY HAVE NO WAY OF STAYING ALIVE, like chunks of Africa, the Middle East, South Asia.

This in the midst of developing nations having to face the local calamities of extreme climate events, like chunks of the US getting wiped out twice a year by hurricanes or whatnot on scales never seen before, crop losses, fishing losses and the losses of coastal cities.

This is not about environmentalism you numskull, this is about NOT FUCKING BURNING THE HOUSE TO GROUND WHILE WE ARE STILL IN IT.

Lighting the house on fire and burning it to the ground while you are in it is neither a score for humanism nor is you fucking "dominating your house", it's burning the house the ground!

If your fucking stupidity would have weight, it would have already collapsed upon itself into a godamn singularity.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-06-26 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    If your fucking stupidity would have weight, it would have already collapsed upon itself into a godamn singularity.
    That's an ad hominim. Attack the argument, not the person. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    His arguments are fucking stupid, I explained why.

I'm so over the notion that we need to engage absurd asinine dumbassery with a straight face, like there some sort of argument, it's how we fucking ended up legitimizing the dumbass "alternative facts" reality we are all living in now.

If I'd state the moon is made of cheese, there would be no serious expectation for a serious conversation. Again his arguments are so fucking abysmally stupid, there is nothing to engage in the first place. It's just sheer, unadulterated condensed stupid.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2020-06-26 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    His arguments are fucking stupid, I explained why.

I'm so over the notion that we need to engage absurd asinine dumbassery with a straight face, like there some sort of argument, it's how we fucking ended up legitimizing the dumbass "alternative facts" reality we are all living in now.

If I'd state the moon is made of cheese, there would be no serious expectation for a serious conversation. Again his arguments are so fucking abysmally stupid, there is nothing to engage in the first place. It's just sheer, unadulterated condensed stupid.
    The biggest thing is, for all the complaints of others using fallacies during discussions, he seems quite content using them against everyone else.

7+ Year Old Account
    The biggest thing is, for all the complaints of others using fallacies during discussions, he seems quite content using them against everyone else.
    Which fallacy is the problem? My claim is that humanity can adapt to these environmental changes, while simultaneously growing measures like the population, food supply, wealth, GDP, etc. This is what our system is already based on and it's going to be exciting to see how we evolve and solve our new problems in the the next century. If you don't think that can happen and there will be some kind of societal regression then I'm sorry that you're so pessimistic. Civilization will be moving forward regardless.

is this one of those threads where a boomer has spent too much time on the internet and develops a serious case of brainworms?
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-06-26 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

You are allowed to use any insult you want as long as you are left wing, attacking someone on the right. If I call people who smash and burn because they don't get their way any of the worst he used, it would be Infraction, 10 points, Major Trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    is this one of those threads where a boomer has spent too much time on the internet and develops a serious case of brainworms?
    Wouldn't the person using "boomer" and just copies what they see on the internet and has no imagination of their own be the one who has spent too much time on the internet? It isn't even a good insult.

10+ Year Old Account
    So 1 animal species out of the millions that exist benefit from this, at least in the short term.. Clearly climate change is good. (Holy fuck, that is sarcasm, I can't believe I have to type this)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    You are allowed to use any insult you want as long as you are left wing, attacking someone on the right. If I call people who smash and burn because they don't get their way any of the worst he used, it would be Infraction, 10 points, Major Trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't the person using "boomer" and just copies what they see on the internet and has no imagination of their own be the one who has spent too much time on the internet? It isn't even a good insult.
    That's nice dear but not really related to what anyone said.

5+ Year Old Account
    This thread is closed.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."