Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    "Innocent until proven guilty" doesn't apply to the court of public opinion. It's a legal thing.
    There's a reason the US operates that way, is a human right of the UN, even goes back to Roman days. Innocents shouldn't suffer from an accusation alone. Can you imagine someone accusing you and you lose your career? Maybe that doesn't matter much to you if you don't have much of a career, but for people who have invested so much of their life to it, it means a lot.

I'll add that people who make false accusations don't really have much to lose, even if they're somehow proven wrong, they aren't going to get the same punishment as being accused of something in public. Like does anyone even know what happened with the Aziz accuser? No one gives a shit probably, doubt she faced any reprecussions for that in her work life.
    Last edited by HitRefresh; 2020-06-26 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    If your friends instantly side with the accuser what the hell are you doing that would make them think you would do it?
    Interesting how you jump to blaming the victim. Do you not realize that they might be choosing to 'listen and believe' regardless of what they think they know about you? That they're more afraid of the mob and being judged as defending a rapist than they are about the truth?

If your friends instantly side with the accuser what the hell are you doing that would make them think you would do it?
    Happens quite often because men are taught to protect women. Assuming the accuser in this case is a woman and the supposed perpetrator a man,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    There's a reason the US operates that way, is a human right of the UN, even goes back to Roman days. Innocents shouldn't suffer from an accusation alone. Can you imagine someone accusing you and you lose your career? Maybe that doesn't matter much to you if you don't have much of a career, but for people who have invested so much of their life to it, it means a lot.
    Not sure who wants to live in that kind of world, but apparently these people exist.

Oh for sure they'll use it but you dont need to make this shit up to do that.

There are so many innocent people in prison for shit like cannabis charges or vagrancy. Worrying about this is missing the forest for the trees.
    Are you so dense as to not understand you can be against multiple things at once? I'm already supporting legalizing and decriminalizing marijuana and going easier on nonviolent offenders. That's not the subject of this thread though. Fuck's sake, use your brain please.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IndCold View Post
    People like Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey, etc went decades with everyone looking the other way because society "remained skeptical".
    Shhhhh don't be bringing logic and sense into this, it will confuse the incels.

Victim? If someone is justly accused they are not a victim.

Its not their job to find the truth? It's not the public's job, it's the reason (for all their failings) that courts exist, and the courts do not adequately address sexual assault or harassment, of course things are gonna get a bit extrajudicial.

Wanna fix this? Dont make this an accuser vs. Accused narrative make this an issue about justice reformation so victims can have faith in the justice system.
    Alright, I'm done with you, you're not keeping up with the conversation. We're not talking about justified accusations, nor can you tell which ones are actually justified. Also, if you're asking for easier conviction for sexual assault, lol no. Convictions are based on evidence. Yeah, it's a hard crime to prove, but that doesn't mean you relax the standards for evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, that's a foundation of our justice system designed to keep us from convicting innocent people. Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    There was evidence with those, though. Things like being able to describe Weinstein's weird penis, and Kevin Spacey literally wrote an apology confirming it, etc.

Victim? If someone is justly accused they are not a victim.
    And if the accusation is false, then neither is the accuser. Then the accused becomes the victim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Ah yes, powerful men like Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey and.. uhh, Swifty..

I guess we're just gonna not follow the law anymore and resort to vigilante justice when it comes to other crimes because hey, rich and famous people can also avoid the consequences on those. How's that for "logic and sense."

1) If your income depends on your public image, then you are open to "cancel culture". If I am selling an online personality, then it is a fair game.
    2) If your income purely come from labor, like a clerk, repairman, drivers, security guard, farmer, etc... then it is NOT OK to target their job for cancellation (aka @randomfarm do you know your farm is hiring a known XXXXX). If you wan justice for their crime whatever that is, call the police!

Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    1) If your income depends on your public image, then you are open to "cancel culture". If I am selling an online personality, then it is a fair game.
    At that point, a false accusation becomes slander/libel.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I guess we're just gonna not follow the law anymore and resort to vigilante justice when it comes to other crimes because hey, rich and famous people can also avoid the consequences on those. How's that for "logic and sense."
    This is exactly what im up against.

I call it Robin Hood justice by the internet..and im against this.
    To be clear...i have no idea if Swifty is guilty or not...but im against Robin Hood justice by the internet people.

I'll never understand why people can't just open lawsuits about this stuff.

Justice shouldn't come from seeing them lose their career over your accusation.

you know being a single recluse ashole with no SO or interaction with people of that nature is pretty great these day with this Guilty untill proven innocent culture we have.

Due Process be dammend apparantly.

And the thing that pisses me off the most is when the genders are reversed all of a sudden due process does exist and we should be sorry.

Equality MY ASS. the word these SJW secret Police are looking for is Equity at best and Revenge/Supremacy at worst.

No one is saying Swifty is innocent however he has the RIGHT to be persumed innocent untill PROVEN otherwise. not just thrown under the bus like some rotten hot potato

we all know how reliable in their actions as company blizzard is after blitchung incident ^^

why are you so surprised this time ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    you know being a single recluse ashole with no SO or interaction with people of that nature is pretty great these day with this Guilty untill proven innocent culture we have.

Due Process be dammend apparantly.

And the thing that pisses me off the most is when the genders are reversed all of a sudden due process does exist and we should be sorry.

Equality MY ASS. the word these SJW secret Police are looking for is Equity at best and Revenge/Supremacy at worst.

No one is saying Swifty is innocent however he has the RIGHT to be persumed innocent untill PROVEN otherwise. not just thrown under the bus like some rotten hot potato
    its 2020

he is a man

he is automaticly guilty of every crime known to humanity just because he has a p...nis didnt you know ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Not really. It's an ideal that applies beyond courts. Just as free speech does.
    Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post

I'll add that people who make false accusations don't really have much to lose, even if they're somehow proven wrong, they aren't going to get the same punishment as being accused of something in public. Like does anyone even know what happened with the Aziz accuser? No one gives a shit probably, doubt she faced any reprecussions for that in her work life.
    You don't have to agree with what Blizzard did to agree that they were allowed to do it. Individuals and businesses are not bound by "innocent until proven guilty" like the courts are (and even then, they're allowed to hold people until their trial and even deny bail in some cases).

I see where you're coming from but it's the same mistake people make with, well, free speech. You're allowed to say what you want - but that doesn't mean you're going to be free from repercussions from individuals and private businesses.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Oh no fairness what an awful thing to want.
    then come out and fight for that. and don't call it equality because that markets better.

and second i seem to remember that i said equity at best and revenge/supremacy at worst. which means the answer is somewhere between those two, my hope says its closer to Equity my gut says the later

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    This is bullshit, Swifty is the most wholesome and genuine person in the WoW community, you couldn't find a cleaner brand friendly person to represent the game. I would bet good money that this turns out to be some case of abuse against him, like the Jonny Depp case.
    No offense, but Bill Cosby was one of the most wholesome and genuine people on television for longer than Swifty has been alive, and that didn't stop all the skeletons carefully hidden in his closet from eventually finding the light of day. Unless you are literally inside that person's head, never assume you truly know them.

Cancel culture is not good, but honestly if this at least doesn't affect his finances until anything is proven - it's just an unfortunate thing to have his NPC removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    This is bullshit, Swifty is the most wholesome and genuine person in the WoW community, you couldn't find a cleaner brand friendly person to represent the game. I would bet good money that this turns out to be some case of abuse against him, like the Jonny Depp case.
    Just like Bill Cosby?

It's just a modern version of witch burning. If enough people say X is true about an individuel, then X must be true without any proof needed, because muh feelings.